The Bible as Science

And I have tons of fatih...I've witnessed God at work. That's good enough for me

Hawkins is a little out in left field and should stick to science and stop theologizing

And maybe religious nuts should stick to theology and leave science to the scientists

:alcoholic:

Stop forcing the science on the religious nuts. See how this works? Step it up if you want to run with the big dawgs

It was God, He can do anything He wants...He is God ya know

Sure, but in that case god wouldn't have needed Noah and his ark to save the animals....

God seems to be a bit of a sadist though, making that poor man build an ark with just bronze age tools while he/she could just have created a boat and give it to him (I won't get into the genocide thingy)

It was God, He can do anything He wants...He is God ya know

Sure, but in that case god wouldn't have needed Noah and his ark to save the animals....

God seems to be a bit of a sadist though, making that poor man build an ark with just bronze age tools while he/she could just have created a boat and give it to him (I won't get into the genocide thingy)

Never question God....He is God

Never question God....He is God

But didn't god give us free will? Doesn't that include the right to question her/him/it?

Seriously, what's the use of a god that gives it subjects free will but also says that if you don't do as he says you'll burn in hell for eternity?

:popcorn:

He gives a test and that is what life is, a test.

It makes no difference to me what you or anyone else believes, I have faith He is real and live my life accordingly. If it turns out I was wrong so be it...if it turns out those that don't believe are wrong? Uh oh.....

And if you fail the test, god gets to torture you in his private dungeon...
It makes no difference to me what you or anyone else believes, I have faith He is real and live my life accordingly. If it turns out I was wrong so be it...if it turns out those that don't believe are wrong? Uh oh.....

I don't care what anyone wants to believe either, as long as they don't try to force their beliefs on me. And that's where the whole creationist "science" comes in

But we're getting distracted, where's the archeological proof of the ark?

And if you fail the test, god gets to torture you in his private dungeon...

I don't care what anyone wants to believe either, as long as they don't try to force their beliefs on me. And that's where the whole creationist "science" comes in

But we're getting distracted, where's the archeological proof of the ark?

I told you, right next to those transitional fossils. Have a great day, redundancy bores me

And I have tons of fatih...I've witnessed God at work. That's good enough for me

Hawkins is a little out in left field and should stick to science and stop theologizing

And maybe religious nuts should stick to theology and leave science to the scientists

Hmmm.....reading your posts, one would be led to conclude that both areas represent lacunae for you ....

...better look that up.

Now...back to Belshazzar, ...... certainly a case where archaeology, scientific evidence, verified a biblical account.

4. So....one king, identified in the Bible, did exist.
How about an entire empire, whose existence was disputed???

"Before the 19th century the only evidence to support the existence of the Hittite empire was the biblical references made to it. This raised many questions about the validity of the Bible. "
Hittite empire - CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science

Right???
I mean...what if the Bible made up empires out of whole cloth....??

According to the Bible, Abraham bought the land in which he buried his wife from Hittites, a part of a powerful ally of Israel against Syria.

" In 1906, however, an immense, sprawling fortified city found in modern-day Turkey was confirmed to have been the Hittite capital, Hattusha. A Hittite royal library of around 10,000 tablets helped prove to archaeologists that these people were indeed the people of the land of Hatti, the kingdom of Kheta in the Egyptian texts, and the Hittites of the Bible. This massive empire controlled what later became modern-day Turkey, and its power and influence had expanded as far south as Syria and around parts of northern Canaan."
The Bible: Legend or Literal?

Tough to throw out this verification by archaeology.
Chalk up another one for the Bible's accuracy.

It's called a theory for a good reason, dumb deer

As Stephen Hawking says, it's impossible to ever prove a scientific theory so there aren't really any scientific laws only theories that become more accepted as more evidence is found to support it

Religion doesn't require proof, just faith

:popcorn:

Now....why would a dunce like you mention Dr Stephen Hawking?

Oh...because you rely on his expertise in cosmology....and, by extension....the Bible.

Now let's add to your education:

1. Back to Dr. Hawking, who also admits the mathematical improbability of our universe:
"It would be very difficult to explain why the universe should have begun in just this way, except as the act of a God who intended to create beings like us."

"In fact, if one considers the possible constants and laws that could have emerged, the odds against a universe that has produced life like ours are immense."

"Why did the universe start out with so nearly the critical rate of expansion that separates models that recollapse from those that go on expanding forever, that even now, 10 thousand million years later, it is still expanding at nearly the critical rate? If the rate of expansion one second after the Big Bang had been smaller by even one part in 100 thousand million million, the universe would have collapsed before it ever reached its present size."

"The remarkable fact is that the values of these numbers seem to have been very finely adjusted to make possible the development of life ..."
Stephen Hawking
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/nave-html/faithpathh/hawking.html

Wow....Hawking??? Certainly not a religious guy.....

2. Who said this?
“The odds against a universe like ours emerging of something like the big bang are enormous… I think clearly there are religious implications whenever you start to discuss the origins of the universe.”
Yup......it was Stephen W. Hawking.
John Boslough, "Stephen Hawking's Universe," p. 121

3. Of course, Hawking is man of.....a certain....kind of faith:
Hawking says in his book "The Grand Design" that, given the existence of gravity, "the universe can and will create itself from nothing,"...

Anybody seen any proof of that idea? No?
So...how do we characterize a belief wherein we have no anticipation of empirical proof?
Faith. Religious faith.

Seems everyone can have his own variety of faith.

4. And....here's the money quote:
“So long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator.” Steven Hawking, “A Brief History of Time,” p. 140-41.

So…the new idea in physics, the Big Bang, suggests an old idea in thought: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

So glad you provided the words of Stephen Hawking as the Litmus Test of our two beliefs.

Last edited:
...So glad you provided the words of Stephen Hawking as the Litmus Test of our two beliefs.

You can google quotes from Stephen Hawking but somehow I doubt you've actually read (never mind understood) his books

Now, where's the archeological proof from the ark like you promised?

1. Remind me.....who was it who brought up Stephen Hawking as the 'expert'?

Oh...right....it was a dunce who now sorely regrets doing so, as Hawking has proved to be my expert.

2. I notice you couldn't doubt any of the quotes I provided...because you know I never lie.

But you do.
Why would you advance this lie?
"Now, where's the archeological (sic) proof from the ark like you promised?"

Did I make such a promise or are you revealed....yet again... as a lying gutter snipe?

3. Consider this as my attempt to help you up from the gutter:

Ephesians 4:25 So stop telling lies. Let us tell our neighbors the truth, for we are all parts of the same body.

Revelation 21: 27 But nothing unclean shall enter it, nor any one who practices abomination or falsehood, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Psalm 15: 1 A Psalm of David. O LORD, who shall sojourn in thy tent? Who shall dwell on thy holy hill?2 He who walks blamelessly, and does what is right, and speaks truth from his heart;

Proverbs 6:16-19 There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

Did I make such a promise or are you revealed....yet again... as a lying gutter snipe?

Yes, you promised that

The historical accuracy of the Bible is proven by the science of archaeology....and, the, astounding as it is, the modern views of cosmology, the study of the origin of the universe, also verifies the Bible.
I'll get to that...

I'm still waiting

Yes, you promised that

The historical accuracy of the Bible is proven by the science of archaeology....and, the, astounding as it is, the modern views of cosmology, the study of the origin of the universe, also verifies the Bible.
I'll get to that...

I'm still waiting

Thanks for the quote which proves that I never made the statement you claimed in this post:

And double thanks for bringing up Stephen Hawking who turns out to substantiate my posts.....and not yours.

Turns out you're your worst enemy.....an example of 'Social Darwinism' in action.

Based on how frequently you trip over yourself...I must ask: who ties your shoelaces for you?

5. Speaking of archaeological proof of the veracity of the Bible....

....there's this....

"To most Israelis it is axiomatic that the celebrations for the 3,000th anniversary of the conquest of Jerusalem by King David mark a real and tangible event; but this is far from certain. The biblical account of the capture of the city is the only one we have, and in the opinion of most modern scholars, the Bible is not an entirely reliable historical document."
Myth and Reality of King David's Jerusalem | Jewish Virtual Library

The dramatic events of the David story have influenced countless individuals, to name their children after David, to produce works of art such as Michelangelo's, in the Academy of Florence, Italy,....yet....historians suggested it was merely a legend.

But.......

"Until very recently, there was no evidence outside the Bible for the existence of King David. There are no references to him in Egyptian, Syrian or Assyrian documents of the time, and the many archaeological digs in the City of David failed to turn up so much as a mention of his name.

Then, on July 21, 1993, a team of archaeologists led by Prof. Avraham Biran, excavating Tel Dan in the northern Galilee, found a triangular piece of basalt rock, measuring 23 x 36 cm. inscribed in Aramaic. It was subsequently identified as part of a victory pillar erected by the king of Syria and later smashed by an Israelite ruler. The inscription, which dates to the ninth century BCE, that is to say, about a century after David was thought to have ruled Israel, includes the words Beit David ("House" or "Dynasty" of David"). It is the first near-contemporaneous reference to David ever found. "
Ibid.

"This find provided the first extra-biblical historical reference to King David.
But after much time and careful analysis, scientists have widely come to accept it as an authentic artifact indeed referring to King David of the Bible."
The Bible: Legend or Literal?

And so..... one more piece of archaeological evidence for biblical accuracy.

Thanks for the quote which proves that I never made the statement you claimed in this post:

And double thanks for bringing up Stephen Hawking who turns out to substantiate my posts.....and not yours.

Turns out you're your worst enemy.....an example of 'Social Darwinism' in action.

Based on how frequently you trip over yourself...I must ask: who ties your shoelaces for you?

So, first you say the bibles historical accurary is proved by archeological evidence but when I ask about my favorite part you don't have any evidence at all

Instead you post something about an ancient Baylonian king nobody cares about and think it proves something...

I'm not impressed

So, first you say the bibles historical accurary is proved by archeological evidence but when I ask about my favorite part you don't have any evidence at all

Instead you post something about an ancient Baylonian king nobody cares about and think it proves something...

I'm not impressed

1. Let's see....I caught you lying about what I said...and you admitted the lie here:

Me:
"The historical accuracy of the Bible is proven by the science of archaeology....and, the, astounding as it is, the modern views of cosmology, the study of the origin of the universe, also verifies the Bible.
I'll get to that..."

Not the lie you penned....
You:

So....we agree...you inserted the reference to Noah....not I.

Excellent.

2. Now...you try to lie your way out of it....a sentence with two misspellings, too:
"So, first you say the bibles historical accurary is proved by archeological evidence but when I ask about my favorite part you don't have any evidence at all"

That, in the face of the fact that my posts provided several clear references to archaeological evidence proving biblical statements.

So....I'm batting 1000.....while you're below the Mendoza Line.

3. But my fav was how I rammed your words back down your throat when you brought up Stephen Hawking.
Love it.....and, don't ever change.

Forum List

Back