The BDS Movement Is About Dismantling Israel

I think that the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) Movement is going to need to find a Permanent Headquarters.
I didn't know they had a headquarters problem?

To some degree, there is validity to the Omar Barghouti position that the BDS Movement is NOT "intrinsically anti-Semitic."
What do you mean, "...to some degree..."?

It's not anti-Semitic at all, in any degree.

I agree.

The "occupation", is the cause of all the violence.

Occupations are supposed to be temporary. This one has last almost 70 years. No other occupation in history has lasted this long and it is just ridiculous to try and justify something like that.

The occupation has to end. Period.

Israel was in breech of their side of the agreement, which, from that point on, made the "Accords", un-enforceable.

It's an Iron Curtain, just like the one Berlin had.

No they don't! There's jew-only roads; jew-only communities; jewish-Israeli's can have their spouses come to live with them in Israel, arab-Israeli's have restrictions, jewish-Israeli's do not. Arab-Israeli's have been taken off buses that were passing through jew-only communities.

That's not equal treatment.

All Israel has to do, is obey the law. That's it. And there will be peace.

The disputes between the Israeli and Palestinian are not expected to be resolved under the current political climate and given the expectations of the belligerent parties in the negotiations. We can always hope, but have no reason to expect success. Thus, the status quo is the most likely outcome.
Nothing will be resolved until the occupation ends. That's the first step.

A status quo outcome is much more favorable to the continued healthy economic development of Israel than is the alternative potentials offered by the negotiated outcomes with the Palestinians. The parasitic nature of the State of Palestine and the fact that is has a leadership and government that is incapable of standing on its own, able to focus on progressive programs beneficial to its constituents, will eventually lead to its collapse. Its dependence on donor contributions make it vulnerable to rapid deterioration and degeneration, while affording Israel greater security conditions.
The "occupied" are the "parasites"; the "occupiers" are not?

That's pretty whack!
You must learn to live with it, Bilbo. Roll with the punches.

Now, that's hilarious.

And he's knowledgeable. I guess that's why he's generally pro-Israel. :D

Well, the one-eyed man is king in the valley of the blind. Americans are pro-Israel as a result of the biased education system and biased media. The rest of the world takes a realistic view. There is a reason Israel is looked upon as one of the world's rogue states by the rest of the world.

BBC poll: Israel among world's least popular nations
The annual BBC World Service poll finds Germany most popular; only countries less popular than Israel are North Korea, Pakistan and Iran.

BBC poll: Israel among world's least popular nations - World Israel News | Haaretz

Right.....

Conveyed by BBC, shofar of Londonistan, based on Ha'aretz, the voice of self hating Jewish wannabees.

:lol:

Lipush, montelatici, SAYIT, et al,

This poll set only gives the average over 25 Tracking Countries. However, the Poll Question itself only gave the respondent a limited set of choices in their ranking.

Questionnaire Page 6 said:
M1A. Please tell me if you think each of the following countries is having a mainly positive or mainly negative influence in the world.
ROTATE
at) China
01 – Mainly positive
02 – Mainly negative
VOLUNTEERED (DO NOT READ)
03 – Depends
04 – Neither, neutral
99 – DK/NA

bt) France
ct) The United States
dt) The European Union
et) Japan
ft) Israel
gt) North Korea
ht) Canada​

M1B. Please tell me if you think each of the following countries is having a mainly positive or mainly negative influence in the world.
ROTATE

at) The United Kingdom
01 – Mainly positive
02 – Mainly negative
VOLUNTEERED (DO NOT READ)
03 – Depends
04 – Neither, neutral
99 – DK/NA

bt) Russia
ct) India
dt) Iran
et) Brazil
ft) Pakistan
gt) Germany
ht) South Africa
it) South Korea​
SOURCE: GlobalScan Full Report

And he's knowledgeable. I guess that's why he's generally pro-Israel. :D

Well, the one-eyed man is king in the valley of the blind. Americans are pro-Israel as a result of the biased education system and biased media. The rest of the world takes a realistic view. There is a reason Israel is looked upon as one of the world's rogue states by the rest of the world.

BBC poll: Israel among world's least popular nations
The annual BBC World Service poll finds Germany most popular; only countries less popular than Israel are North Korea, Pakistan and Iran.

BBC poll: Israel among world's least popular nations - World Israel News | Haaretz

Right.....

Conveyed by BBC, shofar of Londonistan, based on Ha'aretz, the voice of self hating Jewish wannabees.

:lol:
(COMMENT)

Remembering that the "unfavorable" rating is 52% Negative, is not a comparison rating (rating one country over another). The question actually sets the stage in reference to China, France, United States, The European Union, Japan, North Korea, and Canada in the M1A Question. Notice that the M1B Question does not mention Israel.

Also, it is important to remember that the respondents are not making a judgment as to how Israel stand in comparison to other regional nations in the Middle East. For instance, the poll is silent as to whether the respondents prefer Israel to operate more like the Palestinians, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Kuwait, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, etc... It also remains silent on key issues on the disputes between Palestine and Israel.

In fact, once you read the report, LINK, it really doesn't tell you all that much about what the outcome of the poll really means. But it is a great headline grabber.

Most Respectfully,
R

"Remembering that the "unfavorable" rating is 52% Negative, is not a comparison rating (rating one country over another). The question actually sets the stage in reference to China, France, United States, The European Union, Japan, North Korea, and Canada in the M1A Question. Notice that the M1B Question does not mention Israel.

Also, it is important to remember that the respondents are not making a judgment as to how Israel stand in comparison to other regional nations in the Middle East. For instance, the poll is silent as to whether the respondents prefer Israel to operate more like the Palestinians, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Kuwait, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, etc... It also remains silent on key issues on the disputes between Palestine and Israel.

In fact, once you read the report, LINK, it really doesn't tell you all that much about what the outcome of the poll really means. But it is a great headline grabber. "

Rocco is right yet again here. The difficulty is that extremists - the totally one-sided view we see from Billo and Monte et al - do not reply on critical thinking skills and data analysis. They DO tend to rely on emotion and 'commo knowledge' memes, ie stereotypes.

That is how they fall into the logic error of 'appeal to numbers', for example...

"Remembering that the "unfavorable" rating is 52% Negative, is not a comparison rating (rating one country over another). The question actually sets the stage in reference to China, France, United States, The European Union, Japan, North Korea, and Canada in the M1A Question. Notice that the M1B Question does not mention Israel.

In fact, once you read the report, LINK, it really doesn't tell you all that much about what the outcome of the poll really means. But it is a great headline grabber. "

Rocco is right yet again here. The difficulty is that extremists - the totally one-sided view we see from Billo and Monte et al - do not reply on critical thinking skills and data analysis. They DO tend to rely on emotion and 'commo knowledge' memes, ie stereotypes.

That is how they fall into the logic error of 'appeal to numbers', for example...
Speaking about the BDS movement, doesn't it seem childish and anti-Semitic they would be concentrating all their animosity toward Israel for building some apartment buildings in the West Bank and completely ignore the Russians who just stole part of another country? I must have missed something somewhere along the line.

The capability to rationalize of the Israeli right or wrongers is amazing.
Are you one of thos stinking BDSers, Crackerjack? Why don't you boycott Roosia?

Of course Russia is being boycotted, they have taken land by force through the immigration of Russians to Crimea, at the expense of the indigenous people. It is just as wrong as the immigration of Europeans to Palestine and the subsequent disspossesion of the indigenous people there.

The capability to rationalize of the Israeli right or wrongers is amazing.

Of course Russia is being boycotted, they have taken land by force through the immigration of Russians to Crimea, at the expense of the indigenous people. It is just as wrong as the immigration of Europeans to Palestine and the subsequent disspossesion of the indigenous people there.

What indigenous people? Are you calling those British Officials in the area liars when they reported back to Great Britain that the Arabs were arriving in droves from their impoverished countries for the jobs the Jews had for them? Get in touch with the Egyptian Officials who said not so long ago that the Gazans should come back to Egypt. Come back to Egypt must mean he knows that many of the so-called Palestinians came from there.

What indigenous people? Are you calling those British Officials in the area liars when they reported back to Great Britain that the Arabs were arriving in droves from their impoverished countries for the jobs the Jews had for them? Get in touch with the Egyptian Officials who said not so long ago that the Gazans should come back to Egypt. Come back to Egypt must mean he knows that many of the so-called Palestinians came from there.

That is propaganda, the various interim reports of the Mandatory confirm that almost all the immigration was that of European Jews. Here is a copy of a post from else where that documents this fact using source documents archived by the UN:

"As late as 1922 after substantial Zionist settlement, the results of the British was as follows.

"The reported population was 757,182, including the military and persons of foreign nationality. The division into religious groups was 590,390 Muslims, 83,694 Jews, 73,024 Christians, 7,028 Druze, 808 Sikhs, 265 Bahais, 156 Metawalis, and 163 Samaritans."

Then of course there is the fact that the Arabs migrated in great numbers to the area as well from other countries.

That is Zionist propaganda, as the 1922 British census demonstrates and various British reports confirm as an example the 1930 Report of the Mandatory.

As you can see the great majority of the immigrants into Palestine were Jews

"6. 6,433 immigrants were admitted to Palestine, that is 3,386 men, 2,116 women, and 931 children, of whom 2,550 men, 1,700 women, and 694 children were Jewish. Included are 695 Jews, 493 Christians, 112 Moslems, and 6 Druze who had entered without permission but were allowed to remain. Of the 6,433 immigrants, 3,563 came from Europe east of a line drawn from Danzig to Trieste, 1,187 from North Africa and Western Asia including `Iraq, Persia, and Afghanistan, 411 from Central Europe, 286 from the United States of America, and 695 from the British Empire. The last figure includes 404 British Constables. -

See more at: http://unispal.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/0/C2FEFF7B90A248
15052565E6004E5630#sthash.5PNrimvc.dpuf

That is propaganda, the various interim reports of the Mandatory confirm that almost all the immigration was that of European Jews. Here is a copy of a post from else where that documents this fact using source documents archived by the UN:

"As late as 1922 after substantial Zionist settlement, the results of the British was as follows.

"The reported population was 757,182, including the military and persons of foreign nationality. The division into religious groups was 590,390 Muslims, 83,694 Jews, 73,024 Christians, 7,028 Druze, 808 Sikhs, 265 Bahais, 156 Metawalis, and 163 Samaritans."

Then of course there is the fact that the Arabs migrated in great numbers to the area as well from other countries.

That is Zionist propaganda, as the 1922 British census demonstrates and various British reports confirm as an example the 1930 Report of the Mandatory.

As you can see the great majority of the immigrants into Palestine were Jews

"6. 6,433 immigrants were admitted to Palestine, that is 3,386 men, 2,116 women, and 931 children, of whom 2,550 men, 1,700 women, and 694 children were Jewish. Included are 695 Jews, 493 Christians, 112 Moslems, and 6 Druze who had entered without permission but were allowed to remain. Of the 6,433 immigrants, 3,563 came from Europe east of a line drawn from Danzig to Trieste, 1,187 from North Africa and Western Asia including `Iraq, Persia, and Afghanistan, 411 from Central Europe, 286 from the United States of America, and 695 from the British Empire. The last figure includes 404 British Constables. -

See more at: http://unispal.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/0/C2FEFF7B90A248
15052565E6004E5630#sthash.5PNrimvc.dpuf

Then perhaps you had better hop over to England and tell them to change their Archives regarding what the British Officials said they saw. No doubt these officials were able to tell from he accents just where the Arab came from -- Syria, Jordan, Egypt, etc., the same way that we here in the U.S. can discern a Southern accent, a New York accent, a Minnesota accent, etc. Meanwhile, I will go with the early travelers who saw very, very few Arabs in the area, and those were mainly Bedouin. Moreover, given what we see today with poor people coming to the U.S. and Canada for jobs and poor people flooding into Europe for jobs, it is quie easy to see why the poor Arabs came to Israel for jobs.

No, you should present this "archives" with a link. I have provided a link to the archives which is what the British officials said and wrote and these demonstrate that the immigration was overwhelmingly of European Jews, you are just spouting BS and propaganda. I post the facts with the actual numbers of immigrants.

Why do some people think that everything is just a link away online?
I used to have wall of boxes full of research and documents I combed through books and libraries around the world to find. Sadly I lost most before it was possible to scan and publish online. Many of the books I used for reference have long been out of print and hard to find in libraries.
I don't know about others, but I can give information at times that have no online links. To verify you will need to contact a library, perhaps even one overseas. Does not make the reference or facts wrong, just old and not easily available through a simple google search.
I've had copies and links to information that aren't even found in the web site grave yard any more.
Just means to find originals you have to do the leg work and read through a lot of books and papers.

Amazing that people believe everything and anything that is real has to have a "link". A vast amount of what is on the internet today is false and web sites devoted to debunking and dispelling myths and legends out there. A link does not always mean fact, especially looking for documents that are pre 1980. Libraries around the world have only begun to scan older books and ancient documents to preserver them. Books simply out of print have to wait their turn to be scanned. Scanning does not mean they will be translated to english either.

Sometimes you have to settle for a quote or reference to a source that has no electronic link. I can scan somethings I do still have but that is not available online. It is still evidence. With regards to the middle east, there is far more not online that is.

Ottoman land registries are only now being scanned. I used to spend week in stale smelling basement tunnels and working with white gloves going through pages individually with poor lighting.

I can receive articles off the news wire or by fax, phone or email that are not yet published online and therefore have no "link". Does not mean it is not happening or is not factual. Many newspapers only go back a few decades online and anything before that you have to request on paper. Radio broadcasts might have transcript but no longer on tape, or ever taped. How many TV shows and movies are lost today? How much paper has decayed or been destroyed? How many books have been lost to time?

Not everything has a link or is translated into english. Not all information is electronic.

Sure, and your contention that the Jews tried hard to keep the non-Jews from fleeing makes a whole lot of sense. You are just deflecting attempting to make us forget your ridiculous assertion.

No, you should present this "archives" with a link. I have provided a link to the archives which is what the British officials said and wrote and these demonstrate that the immigration was overwhelmingly of European Jews, you are just spouting BS and propaganda. I post the facts with the actual numbers of immigrants.

Oh, I think, Haniya, that a smart Muslim girl as you are should have no problem finding something about this. In addition, I think I will go with what a Christian man with roots in the Middle East, has to say.

Jews to no one's land

As an aside, I am sure the readers see what is happening today in America, Canada and Europe with people emigrating here for the opportunities that their own poor countries can't provide. It is not a giant step to imagine then what happened when the poor Arabs moved to Israel to live a better life than what was afforded to them in their own countries.

Sure, and your contention that the Jews tried hard to keep the non-Jews from fleeing makes a whole lot of sense. You are just deflecting attempting to make us forget your ridiculous assertion.

I can tell you where to find some documentation but that does not mean there is an open link to read online. Even information that might be digital might require subscription or special passwords to access. Some might be accessible only from a university or government site.

Yes, the world still runs on paper and research has to be done manually.

Forum List

Back