The average monthly payment for a new car was $733 in the second quarter of 2023. That could rise if auto workers strike long enough

$733.00, and just think if these workers get their ridiculous demands met, you can bet the new car price is going to skyrocket further.
$733.00!!! Henry Ford has got to be rolling in his grave.

• The United Auto Workers went on strike on Friday after the union's four-year contract expired.
  • The strike could impact car prices and the US economy.
  • The cost of a new car has increased since the pandemic slowed production.

Why should auto workers work for low wages just because you can't afford a new car?

Your post is off topic. When workers aren’t paid what they’re worth and much of the wealth they generate is given to the 1%, you have a distortion that leads increasingly to an unstable economy and nation.
They're being paid what they're worth to the employer. They just have a different opinion about their worth. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
Your post is off topic. When workers aren’t paid what they’re worth and much of the wealth they generate is given to the 1%, you have a distortion that leads increasingly to an unstable economy and nation.
There is one yahoo on this board who described workers as "overhead"

You do know radical income inequality ultimately results in revolution.
A Bugle Should Never Be Tuned So the Enemy Can Hear It Better

Don't make false threats. Those on top must be forced to give in; it is an evasion of responsibility to appeal to their self-interest instead of forcing them, like they now force us, to comply with their unmanly mandates.

The rulers' own mind-control came up with this ineffective tactic. The French common people put up with a thousand years of tyranny from the HeirHead guillotine-fodder before taking revenge. So change is not inevitable during one's lifetime, which is the only time that matters. That's why the rulers invented the concept of Justice in the Afterlife.

That depends on what is classified as labor.

"Labor is nowhere near the most expensive part of building a car. Add in all factory costs, including the $1 billion price tag for the plant itself, and you’re looking at roughly 10 to 15 percent of that vehicle’s $35,000 sticker price, according to several senior industry executives who asked to remain anonymous in revealing typically proprietary data." As Trump stresses manufacturing jobs, how important are labor costs?

They're being paid what they're worth to the employer. They just have a different opinion about their worth. ;)
You do understand that corporate employers work every hard to pay their employees as little as possible? Of course there is an exception. The c-level employees get paid whatever they want.

Do you see the potential for inequity?

You do understand that corporate employers work every hard to pay their employees as little as possible? Of course there is an exception. The c-level employees get paid whatever they want.

That is simply not true.
Employers will pay whatever it takes to get and keep a good labor force.
The problem is labor in the 90s-2010s was no longer valued because companies were outsourcing jobs to whatever country had the cheapest labor - because Americans don't give a flying f*ck about their fellow man and will pick out the cheap foreign option every.single.time.
It wasn't employers that kept wages flat for 30 years.
It was the American consumer not caring whatsoever about the high cost of a low price.

That is simply not true.
Employers will pay whatever it takes to get and keep a good labor force.
The problem is labor in the 90s-2010s was no longer valued because companies were outsourcing jobs to whatever country had the cheapest labor - because Americans don't give a flying f*ck about their fellow man and will pick out the cheap foreign option every.single.time.
It wasn't employers that kept wages flat for 30 years.
It was the American consumer not caring whatsoever about the high cost of a low price.
I can’t agree. Many Employers will pay as little for labor as they possibly can. Some employers do value their employees and will pay higher salaries to the most productive employees.

As relates the UAW, the union employees have chosen collective bargaining. With the automakers making big profits, the workers have every right to demand higher wages and benefits. The automakers aren’t going to pay higher wages out of the kindness of their hearts.

Lots of benefits with longevity of employment.

if you look at the wording That’s the “average pay”. I know what the starting pay is because my dad and Uncle both worked for Ford for over 30 years. Sometime around 2009 They stopped “equal pay for equal work”. So new hires are not getting anywhere near what somebody with 30 years on the job gets. That’s not how it was for decades on here in America.

So the new hires at ford start off with the low-wage with no pension, and the benefits aren’t what they used to be

By the way, the Ford plant here in Buffalo used to have 5000 workers now they have 1000 at best. We had the Bethlehem steel plant which at one point had 25,000 workers ….now it’s closed down. These are unfortunate sites in America. It doesn’t have to be this way though.

I will say this though I look at the pictures of the UAW strikers. They look a lot different from those compared to say the 1930s 1940s or 1960s. Back in those days it was mostly all men but they were supported by their wives on the street when they went to protest.

And back in those days Democrats had a lot more dignity and honor than they do today. I get why some Republicans are turned off by these modern day strikes .

All I’m saying is folks remember the history of America and why people went out on strikes. The only reason why it happened was because of unfair unrighteous labor practices. … if the CEOs had their way they would have child slaves. That’s what goes on in Bangladesh that’s what goes on in countries like India, and other countries of the world and Africa.

Have you ever heard this saying?
"Don't build your castle on another man's land."

Also, "Whatever the market will bear" also includes the labor market.

I can’t agree. Many Employers will pay as little for labor as they possibly can. Some employers do value their employees and will pay higher salaries to the most productive employees.

As relates the UAW, the union employees have chosen collective bargaining. With the automakers making big profits, the workers have every right to demand higher wages and benefits. The automakers aren’t going to pay higher wages out of the kindness of their hearts.
Of course, they have the 'right' to demand stuff, whether they get it is another matter. ;)

if you look at the wording That’s the “average pay”. I know what the starting pay is because my dad and Uncle both worked for Ford for over 30 years. Sometime around 2009 They stopped “equal pay for equal work”. So new hires are not getting anywhere near what somebody with 30 years on the job gets. That’s not how it was for decades on here in America.

So the new hires at ford start off with the low-wage with no pension, and the benefits aren’t what they used to be

By the way, the Ford plant here in Buffalo used to have 5000 workers now they have 1000 at best. We had the Bethlehem steel plant which at one point had 25,000 workers ….now it’s closed down. These are unfortunate sites in America. It doesn’t have to be this way though.

I will say this though I look at the pictures of the UAW strikers. They look a lot different from those compared to say the 1930s 1940s or 1960s. Back in those days it was mostly all men but they were supported by their wives on the street when they went to protest.

And back in those days Democrats had a lot more dignity and honor than they do today. I get why some Republicans are turned off by these modern day strikes .

All I’m saying is folks remember the history of America and why people went out on strikes. The only reason why it happened was because of unfair unrighteous labor practices. … if the CEOs had their way they would have child slaves. That’s what goes on in Bangladesh that’s what goes on in countries like India, and other countries of the world and Africa.
Industry rewards skilled workers, unskilled workers not so much. Also, there is a glut of unskilled workers, so supply and demand come into play.

Industry rewards skilled workers, unskilled workers not so much. Also, there is a glut of unskilled workers, so supply and demand come into play.
We should have a system here in America like we had in the 20th century for decades on end. folks should be able to get a great job right out of high school. And that does require some mechanical aptitude. One can’t just work at a steel plant or Ford motor company with no or min mechanical skills.

Those type of unskilled jobs are found at McDonald’s, Walmart, and perhaps Amazon. And they pay accordingly.

The writings on the wall. We’ve lost millions of jobs in industry since the 1980s. They’ve never been replaced and it they have been replaced maybe 2% of them have been replaced. That’s what we see today. New factories opening with 200 positions instead of 15,000.

The current status quo America is no good. On top of it all we have the far left Biden Democrats, who are anti-American, racist against white people, it’s a recipe for disaster, and it has to be turned around.

I don’t know what will come of the UAW strikes. But I do know that the CEOs of today are not like they used to be. So we need another Henry Ford. And we should have better unions.

Then the company has every right to take wages away when profits are low.
Can't have your cake and eat it too

Typical Democrat dumbassery.

Comments to the stupid UAW.

Fetterman

“My message to the CEOs is, you know, it’s $74 million dollars, you know, collectively earning that, you know, how many yachts can they need to water ski behind it? You know, it’s just crazy.”

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
Typical Democrat dumbassery.

Comments to the stupid UAW.

Fetterman

“My message to the CEOs is, you know, it’s $74 million dollars, you know, collectively earning that, you know, how many yachts can they need to water ski behind it? You know, it’s just crazy.”

Envy is the average Democrat’s main flaw and it is reflected in nearly every aspect of their platform.

I drive a 20 year old car that I bought new. It has been routinely serviced and runs great. It has all the gizmos I want/need including cruise, heated seats, power everything, etc. I did replace the stereo just to gain Bluetooth capability. I have no plans on getting rid of it or buying a new car barring some very major mechanical failure.

If someone needs a car for transportation, there are plenty of cheap, dependable used cars available. The problem is that most people want far more than they need.

Envy is the average Democrat’s main flaw and it is reflected in nearly every aspect of their platform.
Those stupid Moon Bats don't have the brains to understand that there is a remedy if you don't like what a CEO is paid. Just don't buy anything made by the company that pays the CEO.

No different than me not liking the filthy UAW, that is a cash cow for the despicable Democrat Party. I don't buy anything made by the UAW.

Forum List

Back