The average monthly payment for a new car was $733 in the second quarter of 2023. That could rise if auto workers strike long enough

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
$733.00, and just think if these workers get their ridiculous demands met, you can bet the new car price is going to skyrocket further.
$733.00!!! Henry Ford has got to be rolling in his grave.

• The United Auto Workers went on strike on Friday after the union's four-year contract expired.
  • The strike could impact car prices and the US economy.
  • The cost of a new car has increased since the pandemic slowed production.

The auto workers strike against Detroit's Big Three auto manufacturers — General Motors, Ford, and Stellantis, which owns Chrysler and Jeep — could hit consumers' wallets if the work stoppage lasts long enough.

About 13,000 United Auto Workers members went on strike on Friday after the union's four-year contract expired. Tentative agreements could not be reached between the union and automakers on Thursday evening due to disputes over pay, pensions, and work hours.

$733.00, and just think if these workers get their ridiculous demands met, you can bet the new car price is going to skyrocket further.

• The United Auto Workers went on strike on Friday after the union's four-year contract expired.

That's nuts! Plus they are probably paying some healthy interest too. My guess is the UAW pushes this for a week or two max. The majority of the people are not on their side.

The UAW supported that idiot Potatohead. They are itching to get their greedy little fingers on those billions in EV subsidies that Potatohead so graciously made available to them.

Now we have tremendous inflation and very high interest rates.

The cost of Ford F-150 trucks are approaching $100K and it looks like it is rising.

Potatohead really fucked this country when he stole the election, didn't he?

That's a lot of money and very hard. I bought a Chevy Nova, 2 door without air in 1972. My payment was $83.00 a month.

They demand a 40% RAISE!
Yeah, I have fantasies like that as well.
Baseball Owners Have Been Forced to Treat Talent Right

Before baseball got unionized, a 20-game winner (Jim Bouton) only got $18,000. And he had to beg for that, just like the plutocratic parasites want us all to beggars. Bouton would have gotten $18 million in today's unionized baseball.

Your attitude is for the Grassgrowers. Without his players creating the revenue, a baseball owner would only have customers who wanted to see his stadium's grass grow.

Those union crybabies can't have it too bad if this pathetic clown show is considered a strike. Little more than another liberal whinefest. The auto makers should just fire them and be done with it.

If the price of Ford, GM, and Stelantis products go up as a result of a strike, doesn't that strike make the foreign made, not-UAW cars and trucks more attractive, price-wise? Doesn't that strike make automation cheaper and more attractive? Doesn't that strike make relocating to a RTW state or out of the country altogether more attractive?

I'm not seeing the common sense here, what am I missing?

LOL....By the looks of them they haven't had to resort to eating cat food. :laughing0301:

th

OIF.ry2oC6UkCtJt1YOFXNfRiQ

OIF.HBTrTZDQZ5sx9gBtOeZIJA

People who produce the cars want a raise = bad.

People want an ever increasing "shareholder value" = good.

I'll never understand it.

They should be getting cost of living raises like the rest of us! Not fucking 40% ALONG with cost of living, that is insane to expect any employer to give that kind of raise!!

Forum List

Back