Zone1 The average life expectancy of an Irish immigrant worker after arriving in America was just 14 years

I know I have seen videos of the hellish times the Irish Catholics had when they first came to the US and the fighting with blacks for jobs. Seems they did a bit better than the Irish Proddies some of whom I believe are the people here. Of course once they started getting on the Catholics had no problem blending in with white culture.

I know I have seen videos of the hellish times the Irish Catholics had when they first came to the US and the fighting with blacks for jobs. Seems they did a bit better than the Irish Proddies some of whom I believe are the people here. Of course once they started getting on the Catholics had no problem blending in with white culture.

what is a "PRODDIE"? a protestant? Irish people
had a hard time for a LONG TIME in the US---not just in conflict with blacks. Wasps hated their guts too. I grew up in a VERY WASP town----no blacks at all.

Forum List

Back