The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg says anonymous sources are ‘not good enough’

Obiwan

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2015
Indiana
Looks like the issue about Goldberg's smear article on Trump is finally settled!!!

Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic and the journalist responsible for the “bombshell” report that President Trump disparaged America’s war dead, conceded that anonymous sources were “not good enough” in reporting such as his.

“I share that view that it’s not good enough. But, you know, like other reporters, I’m always balancing out the moral ambiguities and complications after anonymous sourcing with the public’s right to know,” Goldberg said during a Monday evening interview on MSNBC’s “All In with Chris Hayes.”

Hayes raised the issue of using unnamed sources with Goldberg while discussing his most recent article, in which he relied on four anonymous accounts.

For the doubters, Goldberg concedes that anonymous sources aren't good enough near the end of the video.....

And now for a reaction from "rightwinger"....

CryingProtestor-678x381.png

:dance:

There is nothing to dispute. Of course, we would rather have sources that are named but as your own linked article states,

”The Atlantic’s editor-in-chief then turned the blame on the current commander-in-chief, saying Trump had set a tone of fear in the nation’s capital against speaking out about his alleged misdeeds.

“On the other hand, you are talking about a president who is unlike anything they have ever experienced. I think there is also fear. I think — and we see this across the board in Donald Trump’s Washington — there is a fear on a kind of a superficial level of a Twitter mob. There is also real fear of personal safety, fear for your family, fear for what you put everybody around you through if you started talking about this sort of thing,” he told the MSNBC host.”

There is real fear factor that comes from taking on Trump. Look at this forum with all the lunatics here calling for violence against those that come out against Trump.

Anonymous sources have always been valuable to a democracy. In this case I woild have like the sources to come forward. Having said that I believe every word of the Atlantic story and can understand why they wished to remain anonymous.

Last edited:
There is nothing to dispute. Of course, we would rather have sources that are named but as your own linked article states,

”The Atlantic’s editor-in-chief then turned the blame on the current commander-in-chief, saying Trump had set a tone of fear in the nation’s capital against speaking out about his alleged misdeeds.

“On the other hand, you are talking about a president who is unlike anything they have ever experienced. I think there is also fear. I think — and we see this across the board in Donald Trump’s Washington — there is a fear on a kind of a superficial level of a Twitter mob. There is also real fear of personal safety, fear for your family, fear for what you put everybody around you through if you started talking about this sort of thing,” he told the MSNBC host.”

There is real fear factor that comes from taking on Trump. Look at this forum with all the lunatics here calling for violence against those that come out against Trump.

Anonymous sources have always been valuable to a democracy. In this case I Would have like the sources to come forward. Having said that I believe every word of the Atlantic story and can understand why they wish to remain anonymous.
cryingprotestor-678x381-png.386632

Anonymous sources have always been valuable to a democracy. In this case I Would have like the sources to come forward. Having said that I believe every word of the Atlantic story and can understand why they wish to remain anonymous.
Hey, if the guy that wrote the article says that his "evidence" is "not good enough", that's good enough for me (and anyone else with 2 brain cells to rub together)!!!!!

Looks like the issue about Goldberg's smear article on Trump is finally settled!!!

Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic and the journalist responsible for the “bombshell” report that President Trump disparaged America’s war dead, conceded that anonymous sources were “not good enough” in reporting such as his.

“I share that view that it’s not good enough. But, you know, like other reporters, I’m always balancing out the moral ambiguities and complications after anonymous sourcing with the public’s right to know,” Goldberg said during a Monday evening interview on MSNBC’s “All In with Chris Hayes.”

Hayes raised the issue of using unnamed sources with Goldberg while discussing his most recent article, in which he relied on four anonymous accounts.

For the doubters, Goldberg concedes that anonymous sources aren't good enough near the end of the video.....
How does this settle anything?

Goldberg conceded that his "evidence" isn't good enough....

Which leaves you with a dilemma....

Do you believe Goldberg, or claim he's a fucking idiot???

If you thought looking in your drawers and trying to decide what gender you are is confusing, this is sure to send you (and the other Liberals) straight to the mental hospital for treatment!!!!

18-Laughing-Really-Hard-Gif.gif

But the dishonest media is still hammering Trump with the Atlantic's false bullshit story.....sue that rag for libel.....

Anonymous sources have always been valuable to a democracy. In this case I woild have like the sources to come forward. Having said that I believe every word of the Atlantic story and can understand why they wished to remain anonymous.
Actually, Goldberg's concession that he can't prove his allegations says it all....

Give it up....

Spin doesn't cut it for proof!!!!

Actually, Goldberg's concession that he can't prove his allegations says it all....

Give it up....

Where in the article does it state that “he can’t prove his allegations”. Please post.

The DemonRats and their lapdog the Main Stream Media, produce one hoax after another, after another... that's all they do .... they don't care for facts, they will continue doing it until the election, and even beyond , when Trump wins.

We live in very sad times my friends. :frown:

There's no lie the left won't tell. Dems and their pals in the lying liberal news media are a boil on the human genome.
What do you think is being lied about?

If you thought looking in your drawers and trying to decide what gender you are is confusing, this is sure to send you (and the other Liberals) straight to the mental hospital for treatment!!!!

View attachment 386649
Isn't good enough for what??

Give it up....

Where in the article does it state that “he can’t prove his allegations”. Please post.
All he had were "anonymous sources", and he conceded that they weren't good enough. ..

In other words, HE CAN'T PROVE HIS CLAIMS with what he has!!!

Now go ask your mommy to make her little retard a sammich!!!

There's no lie the left won't tell. Dems and their pals in the lying liberal news media are a boil on the human genome.

View attachment 386649
Not good enough to prove what he claimed, you idiot!!!

View attachment 386649

I have no time for your faux ignorance. :eusa_hand:

View attachment 386649

But you have to admit...

Watching their reaction to this news is hilarious!!

View attachment 386649

But you have to admit...

Watching their reaction to this news is hilarious!!

They are squealing like stuck pigs. No matter Dems will move onto the next fake news fabricated story in a couple of days and repeat this whole faux rage act.

Forum List

Back