The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg says anonymous sources are ‘not good enough’

Looks like the issue about Goldberg's smear article on Trump is finally settled!!!

Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic and the journalist responsible for the “bombshell” report that President Trump disparaged America’s war dead, conceded that anonymous sources were “not good enough” in reporting such as his.

“I share that view that it’s not good enough. But, you know, like other reporters, I’m always balancing out the moral ambiguities and complications after anonymous sourcing with the public’s right to know,” Goldberg said during a Monday evening interview on MSNBC’s “All In with Chris Hayes.”

Hayes raised the issue of using unnamed sources with Goldberg while discussing his most recent article, in which he relied on four anonymous accounts.

For the doubters, Goldberg concedes that anonymous sources aren't good enough near the end of the video.....
"I share that view that it’s not good enough. But, you know, like other reporters, I’m always balancing out the moral ambiguities and complications after anonymous sourcing with the public’s right to know,” Goldberg said during a Monday evening interview on MSNBC’s “All In with Chris Hayes.”

Goldberg did the right thing in having the article published.

There's no lie the left won't tell. Dems and their pals in the lying liberal news media are a boil on the human genome.
What do you think is being lied about?
Looks like the issue about Goldberg's smear article on Trump is finally settled!!!

Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic and the journalist responsible for the “bombshell” report that President Trump disparaged America’s war dead, conceded that anonymous sources were “not good enough” in reporting such as his.

“I share that view that it’s not good enough. But, you know, like other reporters, I’m always balancing out the moral ambiguities and complications after anonymous sourcing with the public’s right to know,” Goldberg said during a Monday evening interview on MSNBC’s “All In with Chris Hayes.”

Hayes raised the issue of using unnamed sources with Goldberg while discussing his most recent article, in which he relied on four anonymous accounts.

For the doubters, Goldberg concedes that anonymous sources aren't good enough near the end of the video.....
How does this settle anything?
Goldberg conceded that his "evidence" isn't good enough....

Which leaves you with a dilemma....

Do you believe Goldberg, or claim he's a fucking idiot???

If you thought looking in your drawers and trying to decide what gender you are is confusing, this is sure to send you (and the other Liberals) straight to the mental hospital for treatment!!!!

View attachment 386649
Isn't good enough for what??
Not good enough to prove what he claimed, you idiot!!!
Nothing could fully prove it outside a recording or admission from Trump. Right? Even if the sources came forward you'd be crying foul and doing whatever you can to discredit them, am I right?

That begs the question: Do you believe Tara Reade? Do you believe Mrs. Biden's ex when he said his then wife and creepy Joe were screwing around behind his back?
I haven’t heard both sides of those stories. Do you believe them?

I don't believe anything that has no real evidence. When you become the focus of national attention, people come out of the woodwork with all kinds of stories about you. You also failed to answer my question: do you believe the Atlantic story?
Absolutely! :) I believe the gist of the story, With or without Goldberg's article....

Trumps actions and mouth, makes it hard not to....

Threats to disown Don Jr, if he joined the Military came from his niece....

Trump's comments on McCain were public.

Trump' s disparaging of the Kahn' s gold star parents, were public....

Trump' s handling and interference in military justice system of the marine being disciplined for murder and other military crimes, being pardoned by him, showed lack of respect for the military.

Trumps bashing of Col Vindman, then firing him, for honoring his oath to the Constitution.

Trump's totally ignoring the Russians putting a bounty on our soldiers serving, not a word to Russia or Putin on it....not even a warning....

Trump bashing the general's that he hired, like Gen Matis and General Kelly....when he has no personal use for them anymore....

Telling the wife of the dead soldier ambushed in Africa, that her husband knew he could be killed when he joined, which was callous.

Trumps father paying off a doctor, to say Trump had bone spurs, to dodge the draft....

There is a long Trump history of disrespecting our military, so the 4 anonymous by name sources saying that Trump said guys in the military who died for our nation were suckers and losers is believable.

Except what you posted is mostly BS. Trump did make some unfortunate statements about McCain when he wasn't thinking, but that was it.

His niece is selling a book and has hatred of Trump. Anything she wrote (with no evidence to back it up) is likely pure BS. Kahn attacked Trump first, not the other way around. Trump always counter punches no matter who it is. Vindman was a deep stater working for the commies in an effort to help them oust Trump. It's now believed that there was no whistleblower at all, it was Vindman all along. You can't keep somebody working for you that's trying to have you removed from office. He was properly transferred which happens in the military all the time.
I’m so sick of this BS counterpunch narrative. Yes Trump is a child and counter punches against anybody that criticizes him. But he also initiates fights all the time. He is a shit talking troll. Nothing respectable or excusable about any of that.

There is nothing respectable about a representative getting attacked all the time and not defending himself either. Until Trump, that's what we had on the Republican side.

But this is fine. It's why you are on the left and I am on the right: different opinions. You respect the guy at an amusement park who is accosted by a person in front of his girlfriend, getting poked in the chest, yelled at, spit on, and does nothing about it. I respect the guy who clocks him square in the face so that girlfriend can have an ounce of respect for her man.
Trump gets attacked for lying and he counterpunches with childish insults and more lies. Leaders see serve to be scrutinized when they lie. Leaders should be held to a higher standard than grade schoolers not lower

Like I said, it's a matter of opinion, and mine is I'm sick and tired of seeing Republicans cower every single time they are attacked by the MSM or a political foe. I love when Trump punches back. I respect a person that sticks up for himself and his constituents. If these people can't stand the heat, then they can stay out of the kitchen.
there is a respectable way to fight back which involves fact and intellect... and Trump does not use that tactic

Whatever way he uses, we like it.

The one great thing about Donald Trump is he's no phony. He's not telling people how much he's against tobacco and sneaking cigarettes in the White House when his wife isn't looking. He's a New Yorker, and fights in a New Yorker way. It's not only enjoyable, but funny some of the time as well.

If you can be honest with yourself, you just don't like him fighting back period, because when Donald strikes back, it's a solid hit.
Of course he’s a phony!!! Are you kidding?! Do you really think he was sincere when he held a bible in front of a church after gassing patrons to clear the way?? Do you really think he gives a shit if women get abortions?! I wonder how many he has paid for in his lifetime.

He is blunt and offensive when he trolls liberals and that’s why you like him. Don’t mistake that for honesty. He is one of the most dishonest and manipulative people that I’ve ever seen

I didn't say anything about his honesty. I said he's not a phony, meaning he doesn't consult with five different people to tell him what to say. What Donald says, it comes from him only unless he's making a formal address.

If Donald paid for anybody's abortion, the Democrats would have found it by now. No, I don't believe he's religious, but I do believe he is against abortion.
Hey had the girls he fucked sign don disclosure forms under threat of liability and when one spoke out, stormy Daniels, he took her to the cleaners. Gee I wonder why women haven’t come out. Except for the 12 that are accusing him of sexual assault.

I also don’t know why you think his lack of strategy or consultation from a team of experts is a good thing. He lies, spins and even lets nationals security secrets slip all the time. But yeaaaaa he isnt PC so let’s celebrate the doofus!

He had them sign agreements that they remain quiet after they got an abortion? Let's see one of those agreements. Face it, you are making it all up just like your ilk. He took Stormy to the cleaners? Last I remember, she sued him.
I never made that claim! Don’t put words in my mouth. He took stormy to the cleaners because she broke the NDA he had her sign after he fucked her

I didn't put words anywhere. You said he took her to the cleaners. What else could you have possibly meant by that?

There's no lie the left won't tell. Dems and their pals in the lying liberal news media are a boil on the human genome.

If you thought looking in your drawers and trying to decide what gender you are is confusing, this is sure to send you (and the other Liberals) straight to the mental hospital for treatment!!!!

View attachment 386649
Nothing could fully prove it outside a recording or admission from Trump. Right? Even if the sources came forward you'd be crying foul and doing whatever you can to discredit them, am I right?

That begs the question: Do you believe Tara Reade? Do you believe Mrs. Biden's ex when he said his then wife and creepy Joe were screwing around behind his back?

I don't believe anything that has no real evidence. When you become the focus of national attention, people come out of the woodwork with all kinds of stories about you. You also failed to answer my question: do you believe the Atlantic story?
Absolutely! :) I believe the gist of the story, With or without Goldberg's article....

Trump' s handling and interference in military justice system of the marine being disciplined for murder and other military crimes, being pardoned by him, showed lack of respect for the military.

Trumps bashing of Col Vindman, then firing him, for honoring his oath to the Constitution.

Trump's totally ignoring the Russians putting a bounty on our soldiers serving, not a word to Russia or Putin on it....not even a warning....

Trump bashing the general's that he hired, like Gen Matis and General Kelly....when he has no personal use for them anymore....

Telling the wife of the dead soldier ambushed in Africa, that her husband knew he could be killed when he joined, which was callous.

Trumps father paying off a doctor, to say Trump had bone spurs, to dodge the draft....

There is a long Trump history of disrespecting our military, so the 4 anonymous by name sources saying that Trump said guys in the military who died for our nation were suckers and losers is believable.

Except what you posted is mostly BS. Trump did make some unfortunate statements about McCain when he wasn't thinking, but that was it.

His niece is selling a book and has hatred of Trump. Anything she wrote (with no evidence to back it up) is likely pure BS. Kahn attacked Trump first, not the other way around. Trump always counter punches no matter who it is. Vindman was a deep stater working for the commies in an effort to help them oust Trump. It's now believed that there was no whistleblower at all, it was Vindman all along. You can't keep somebody working for you that's trying to have you removed from office. He was properly transferred which happens in the military all the time.
I’m so sick of this BS counterpunch narrative. Yes Trump is a child and counter punches against anybody that criticizes him. But he also initiates fights all the time. He is a shit talking troll. Nothing respectable or excusable about any of that.

There is nothing respectable about a representative getting attacked all the time and not defending himself either. Until Trump, that's what we had on the Republican side.

But this is fine. It's why you are on the left and I am on the right: different opinions. You respect the guy at an amusement park who is accosted by a person in front of his girlfriend, getting poked in the chest, yelled at, spit on, and does nothing about it. I respect the guy who clocks him square in the face so that girlfriend can have an ounce of respect for her man.
Trump gets attacked for lying and he counterpunches with childish insults and more lies. Leaders see serve to be scrutinized when they lie. Leaders should be held to a higher standard than grade schoolers not lower

Like I said, it's a matter of opinion, and mine is I'm sick and tired of seeing Republicans cower every single time they are attacked by the MSM or a political foe. I love when Trump punches back. I respect a person that sticks up for himself and his constituents. If these people can't stand the heat, then they can stay out of the kitchen.
there is a respectable way to fight back which involves fact and intellect... and Trump does not use that tactic

The one great thing about Donald Trump is he's no phony. He's not telling people how much he's against tobacco and sneaking cigarettes in the White House when his wife isn't looking. He's a New Yorker, and fights in a New Yorker way. It's not only enjoyable, but funny some of the time as well.

If you can be honest with yourself, you just don't like him fighting back period, because when Donald strikes back, it's a solid hit.
Of course he’s a phony!!! Are you kidding?! Do you really think he was sincere when he held a bible in front of a church after gassing patrons to clear the way?? Do you really think he gives a shit if women get abortions?! I wonder how many he has paid for in his lifetime.

He is blunt and offensive when he trolls liberals and that’s why you like him. Don’t mistake that for honesty. He is one of the most dishonest and manipulative people that I’ve ever seen

I didn't say anything about his honesty. I said he's not a phony, meaning he doesn't consult with five different people to tell him what to say. What Donald says, it comes from him only unless he's making a formal address.

If Donald paid for anybody's abortion, the Democrats would have found it by now. No, I don't believe he's religious, but I do believe he is against abortion.
Hey had the girls he fucked sign don disclosure forms under threat of liability and when one spoke out, stormy Daniels, he took her to the cleaners. Gee I wonder why women haven’t come out. Except for the 12 that are accusing him of sexual assault.

I also don’t know why you think his lack of strategy or consultation from a team of experts is a good thing. He lies, spins and even lets nationals security secrets slip all the time. But yeaaaaa he isnt PC so let’s celebrate the doofus!

He had them sign agreements that they remain quiet after they got an abortion? Let's see one of those agreements. Face it, you are making it all up just like your ilk. He took Stormy to the cleaners? Last I remember, she sued him.
I never made that claim! Don’t put words in my mouth. He took stormy to the cleaners because she broke the NDA he had her sign after he fucked her

I didn't put words anywhere. You said he took her to the cleaners. What else could you have possibly meant by that?
I said he took her to the cleaners because I was referring to your statement when you originally said that. You’re lost in this conversation

View attachment 386649

I said he took her to the cleaners because I was referring to your statement when you originally said that. You’re lost in this conversation

When I originally said what? You're the one who's lost. This is the entire conversation:

View attachment 386649

When I originally said what? You're the one who's lost. This is the entire conversation:

Ah yes, I did bring up the cleaners, my bad. I never said that he had them sign non disclosures after having abortions. That’s what I was talking about when I accused you of putting words in my mouth. Damn I need to proof read better. My posts are a mess.

View attachment 386649

Ah yes, I did bring up the cleaners, my bad. I never said that he had them sign non disclosures after having abortions. That’s what I was talking about when I accused you of putting words in my mouth. Damn I need to proof read better. My posts are a mess.

Relax. It's Monday, and there are times when you need to rush to get through all the posts and make mistakes. I know I do.

In any case, Trump was accused of having 8 women get aboritons, and I believe it was Snopes that said it was all BS. There simply wasn't evidence of it. I assumed you might have been talking about that. I know you don't like him, but you have to have a good amount of smarts or a lot of talent to become a multi-billionaire, and I'm sure Trump knew how to prevent such problems from happening. He's had a lot of women in his life after all.

Forum List

Back