The atheist gods of 'Lack', the only true religion?

Why would you look to Christians to define it?

Nope not looking to Christians at all, they happen to have a comprehensive take on the matter that is very well written and covers all reasonable bases.
Definition of Humanism - American Humanist Association

Humanism is a progressive lifestance that, without theism or other supernatural beliefs,

Humanism is a rational philosophy informed by science,

Humanism is a lifestance

Humanism is an approach to life

Humanism is: A joyous alternative to religions that believe in a supernatural god

Humanism is the light of my life and the fire in my soul.

Humanism is a philosophy, world view, or lifestance based on naturalism

Humanism is a philosophy of life that considers the welfare of humankind – rather than the welfare of a supposed God or gods

Humanism maintains there is no evidence a supernatural power ever needed

Note: These definitions of Humanism are provided for the education and interest of readers. The AHA does not necessarily agree with or advocate any one except the definition (printed first above) officially approved by the AHA Board of Directors.

Thanks but what is that supposed to mean to me? All you are telling me is that humanism is a religion without a 'supernatural' G/god, atheists and does not mean its not a religion.

First of all, you can be an atheist and not be a humanist.You can be agnostic and not be a humanist. Humanism is a philosophy (for those that insist on mental masturbation).

I think it is very difficult, if not impossible, for theists to imagine an atheists world view. Can't cross that line. The thought process of having to hold something above oneself is tied to asceticism and this becomes very clear when you and Penelope try to insert worshiping into an atheists world view.
An atheist's world view is materialism. Why would you believe that would be so hard to understand. It is really quite simple.

No. It is incomprehensible to you, Ding, because your world view is religious.

And just between you and me.....that's fine. Whatever floats your boat.

Most people are materialists, even religious people. They just stop being materialists, when it suits them.

Nope not looking to Christians at all, they happen to have a comprehensive take on the matter that is very well written and covers all reasonable bases.

Humanism is a progressive lifestance that, without theism or other supernatural beliefs,

Humanism is a lifestance

Humanism is: A joyous alternative to religions that believe in a supernatural god

Humanism is a philosophy of life that considers the welfare of humankind – rather than the welfare of a supposed God or gods

Note: These definitions of Humanism are provided for the education and interest of readers. The AHA does not necessarily agree with or advocate any one except the definition (printed first above) officially approved by the AHA Board of Directors.

Thanks but what is that supposed to mean to me? All you are telling me is that humanism is a religion without a 'supernatural' G/god, atheists and does not mean its not a religion.

First of all, you can be an atheist and not be a humanist.You can be agnostic and not be a humanist. Humanism is a philosophy (for those that insist on mental masturbation).

I think it is very difficult, if not impossible, for theists to imagine an atheists world view. Can't cross that line. The thought process of having to hold something above oneself is tied to asceticism and this becomes very clear when you and Penelope try to insert worshiping into an atheists world view.
An atheist's world view is materialism. Why would you believe that would be so hard to understand. It is really quite simple.

No. It is incomprehensible to you, Ding, because your world view is religious.

And just between you and me.....that's fine. Whatever floats your boat.
Materialism isn't incomprehensible. You can actually google it if you don't believe me.

You do realize that the primary difference between atheists and people of faith is material versus spiritual, right? Atheists don't believe in the spiritual. People who believe in a Creator do.

Maybe you didn't realize that God is spirit but that's how God is seen by people like me. Not of the material but of the spirit. He is the force that binds all life but is outside of it.

W
We finally found the atheist god of the lack!

God is Nothingness: Awakening to Absolute Non-being
by Andre Doshim Halaw

Contrary to popular opinion, God is not a Supreme Being, but the exact opposite—Absolute Nothingness. In fact, the entire reason that people suffer is because they are attached to 'being', and fail to understand that Non-being is the very basis of existence itself. In the immortal words of the Tao Te Ching, "All things are born of being; being is born of Nothingness."The most realistic way to explain what GOD is and isn't. How can GOD be something else than Nothingness. Once you understand the meaning of GOD you can experience GOD itself.

In Nothingness everything is created. From nothing, everything starts.
I have been following the Taoist way for a while and studying the meaning of our true nature. I can truly relate to this book as it explains in modern talk what many sages have tried to explain to us since thousands of yeas ago. Be still and experience GOD, you wont be able to locate or understand what GOD means, you can only be it. Close your eyes, and you will see much clearer. A must read book. Very short and precise. No bullshit only Truth. (less)
God is Nothingness: Awakening to Absolute Non-being by Andre Doshim Halaw

Chaos

A primordial void, nothingness. This god was asexual and had children himself, most notable Erebus and Nyx. The Latin poet Ovid gave "chaos" the meaning of unorder.

The Nothingness, also known as Chaos, or the Void and Abyss is a world featured in Greek Mythology. It first appears in around 700 BCE and ends around 9th Century.
Greek Mythology: Personification.

Pemba

is the African God of Nothing and comes from the mythology of Africa.

Could atheism in reality be the only true religion, should we convert to worshiping Chaos or Pemba?

Atheists don't worship either. There is a branch of "paganism" that focuses on Chaos magick. Peter Carroll wrote about it.

The concept of nothingness has been an argument since antiquity. It is tied to creation. God existed before matter (and time) or matter has always existed. Creatio ex nihilo.

Why would you think atheists dont worship? Isnt worship that which one treats with reverence? Not sure I see the connection or in this case the disconnection you are talking about here.
Why don't you show us an atheist worshipping.

by Andre Doshim Halaw

Contrary to popular opinion, God is not a Supreme Being, but the exact opposite—Absolute Nothingness. In fact, the entire reason that people suffer is because they are attached to 'being', and fail to understand that Non-being is the very basis of existence itself. In the immortal words of the Tao Te Ching, "All things are born of being; being is born of Nothingness."The most realistic way to explain what GOD is and isn't. How can GOD be something else than Nothingness. Once you understand the meaning of GOD you can experience GOD itself.

I have been following the Taoist way for a while and studying the meaning of our true nature. I can truly relate to this book as it explains in modern talk what many sages have tried to explain to us since thousands of yeas ago. Be still and experience GOD, you wont be able to locate or understand what GOD means, you can only be it. Close your eyes, and you will see much clearer. A must read book. Very short and precise. No bullshit only Truth. (less)

Chaos

A primordial void, nothingness. This god was asexual and had children himself, most notable Erebus and Nyx. The Latin poet Ovid gave "chaos" the meaning of unorder.

The Nothingness, also known as Chaos, or the Void and Abyss is a world featured in Greek Mythology. It first appears in around 700 BCE and ends around 9th Century.

Pemba

Could atheism in reality be the only true religion, should we convert to worshiping Chaos or Pemba?

Atheists don't worship either. There is a branch of "paganism" that focuses on Chaos magick. Peter Carroll wrote about it.

The concept of nothingness has been an argument since antiquity. It is tied to creation. God existed before matter (and time) or matter has always existed. Creatio ex nihilo.

Why would you think atheists dont worship? Isnt worship that which one treats with reverence? Not sure I see the connection or in this case the disconnection you are talking about here.

Atheists don't believe in deities. Period. There is no worshiping or similar shenanigans.

And you know that how?
Duh.

Look up the word "atheist".

Most people are materialists, even religious people. They just stop being materialists, when it suits them.
It is true that most people are materialists. That's the problem.

They will stop being materialists when they suffer the consequences of their predictable surprises. That's how that works.

In the Middle Ages we cursed our physical nature and predictable surprises occurred. Today we curse our spiritual nature. That too will have predictable surprises.

Why would you look to Christians to define it?

Humanism is a lifestance

Hmm.... that does not extinguish they are none the less a religion.

The God Atheists Worship

By Rob Robinson on March 19, 2018 • ( 0 )

No, the title of this article is not a contradiction of terms. Atheists might define themselves as those who do not believe that a God or gods exist, but the fact is, they do worship a god whom they have created.

Human beings must devote themselves to something of worth in order to find meaning and purpose in life. The origin of the word “worship,” is from the ancient English word “woerthship” or worth-ship: to place worth or value upon something or someone. People worship God because they believe there is worth in Him; and He is worthy of their time, energy, resources, and attention.

This same principle is also applicable to those who do not believe in God. They also devote themselves to the things they love—such as work, pleasure, money, possessions, a hobby, sports, art, music, or another person. There are many things people devote themselves to in a personal act of worship.

In this regard, even the non-spiritually religious become materially religious in the pursuit of their passions or pleasures.

The God Atheists Worship

I dont know about the rest of that article but this part is bang on AFAIAC. You can worship anything, even yourself.

Utter nonsense from someone without clue.

by Andre Doshim Halaw

Chaos

Pemba

Atheists don't believe in deities. Period. There is no worshiping or similar shenanigans.

And you know that how?
Duh.

While atheists may not accept belief in any gods or similar entities , many still practice other types of spirituality, and lots of other magical bullshit, spiritual or otherwise.

And you know that how?
Duh.

While atheists may not accept belief in any gods or similar entities , many still practice other types of spirituality, and lots of other magical bullshit, spiritual or otherwise.
One reason why many people find other types of spirituality so attractive is that it gives them the emotional comfort of believing in something and none of the less pleasant consequences. It is all rainbows and unicorns when you are fit and the sun is shining and you do not want to believe that the whole universe is a mere mechanical dance of atoms, it is nice to be able to think of this great mysterious Force rolling on through the centuries and carrying you on its crest. If, on the other hand, you want to do something rather shabby, the Life-Force, being only a blind force, with no morals and no mind, will never interfere with you like that troublesome God we learned about when we were children. The Life-Force is a sort of tame God. You can switch it on when you want, but it will not bother you. All the thrills of religion and none of the cost. Is the Life-Force the greatest achievement of wishful thinking the world has yet seen?

Condensed from C.S. Lewis

And you know that how?
Duh.

One reason why many people find other types of spirituality so attractive is that it gives them the emotional comfort of believing in something and none of the less pleasant consequences. It is all rainbows and unicorns when you are fit and the sun is shining and you do not want to believe that the whole universe is a mere mechanical dance of atoms, it is nice to be able to think of this great mysterious Force rolling on through the centuries and carrying you on its crest. If, on the other hand, you want to do something rather shabby, the Life-Force, being only a blind force, with no morals and no mind, will never interfere with you like that troublesome God we learned about when we were children. The Life-Force is a sort of tame God. You can switch it on when you want, but it will not bother you. All the thrills of religion and none of the cost. Is the Life-Force the greatest achievement of wishful thinking the world has yet seen?

I don't deny it brings comfort. And different things bring comfort to different people.

And you know that how?
Duh.

I don't deny it brings comfort. And different things bring comfort to different people.
It brings way more than comfort.

And you know that how?
Duh.

Yes, it brings delusion. Which can be very comforting.

Duh.

Clearly you don't know science. You are familiar with natural selection, right? As in functional advantage and transfer of functional advantage? How about the happiness advantage? Are you familiar with that? And the similarities between people of faith and how one trains his mind for the happiness advantage? Surely you don't believe that Western Civilization was an accident or blind luck, right?

But putting all that aside, who do you think would know better? Someone who has experienced both sides or someone who has only experienced one side?

Clearly you don't know science. You are familiar with natural selection, right? As in functional advantage and transfer of functional advantage? How about the happiness advantage? Are you familiar with that? And the similarities between people of faith and how one trains his mind for the happiness advantage? Surely you don't believe that Western Civilization was an accident or blind luck, right?

But putting all that aside, who do you think would know better? Someone who hasexperienced both sides or someone who has only experienced one side?
You just described the benefits of comfort and happiness, not necessarily those of belief in gods or spiritualism. Different things bring different people comfort and happiness.

Are you trying to say one cannot be just as happy, without these things? Or, just, that it's "harder"?

No, both are absurd. So this evolutionary advantage of which you speak is not the providence if religion alone.

But putting all that aside, who do you think would know better? Someone who hasexperienced both sides or someone who has only experienced one side?
You just described the benefits of comfort and happiness, not necessarily those of belief in gods or spiritualism. Different things bring different people comfort and happiness.

Are you trying to say one cannot be just as happy, without these things? Or, just, that it's "harder"?

No, both are absurd. So this evolutionary advantage of which you speak is not the providence if religion alone.
I described the natural condition of faith and spirituality.

I am saying that the natural condition of faith and spirituality naturally leads to happiness and happiness naturally leads to success. There's science on this.

You are literally arguing against Darwin here. How can you not believe that faith is Darwinian? Do you believe that behaviors cannot be Darwinian?

by Andre Doshim Halaw

Chaos

Pemba

Does self becoming God follow self excusing justification for any act? After all how can God do wrong? This cycles back to Judeo-Christian tenets in using Judeo-Christian definition of all powerful God to in turn define the state of Nothingness as omnipotent and Origin. All this effort to escape Christianity and we find there still isn't enough fuel in your rocket to leave the atmosphere.

ChristianIISadist. Hedonist. Masochist. Satanist. Atheist. Secular Humanist.llChristian

Next

Does self becoming God follow self excusing justification for any act? After all how can God do wrong? This cycles back to Judeo-Christian tenets in using Judeo-Christian definition of all powerful God to in turn define the state of Nothingness as omnipotent and Origin. All this effort to escape Christianity and we find there still isn't enough fuel in your rocket to leave the atmosphere.

ChristianIISadist. Hedonist. Masochist. Satanist. Atheist. Secular Humanist.llChristian

Next

it never rises to the level of any need for excuse or justification does it? Why would it? Atheists have nothing beyond themselves, no accountability with the exception of possible retribution.... and enough body guards and big enough army will solve that inconvenience.

Forum List

Back