The American problem? Our "poor" have it too easy.

When the educated "did everything right" former middle class workers can't even find a job, how in the hell do you expect the poor to do so? I have news for you, sparky. Working 2 or even 3 minimum wage jobs does not exactly catapult you into the middle class (or even make up for one living wage job). Add in a family, and you're stuck. EXACTLY HOW DO YOU EXPECT PEOPLE TO CLIMB OUT OF POVERTY WHEN THERE ARE NO DECENT JOBS???

Uhhhh....maybe get a job and work your ass off so you move up in the company? Let me guess your one of those people who think working the drive thru at Micky D's is a career choice.
When I started working in machine shops at age 20 I swept the floors I deburred I cleaned the bathrooms...I did whatever was asked of me. And you know what? Twenty five years later I was able to retire.......because I worked my ass off and wasnt to proud to take instuction from people who knew more then me.
The whole attitude of people who are poor generaly sucks !!!!!!They have a chip on there shoulder and refuse to listen to there betters....so they stay poor because of there ego.
And thats the truth,i've seen it a million times!!! They are to proud to clean floors or scrub a toilet.
So I say FUCK EM !!!!!! They care more about street cred then there familys!!!It's there attitude that got them where they are.
I cant count the times i've heard some punk say he's not working any harder because they don't pay him enough.
HELLOOOOO....How about you work harder and show you deserve a raise you egotistical piece of shit.
I have zero sympathy for these people!!! In fact I have nothing but contempt for them!!!
Again I say......FUCKEM!!!!!!

No kidding. And that's why Republicans are going to be such winners.

Did you read anyhing other then the highlighted part? Because if you did and still dont have contempt for people like that.............your a union member. Oh....and a moron.
Cherry pick much?

I am sure that you and everyone else on this board is willing to trade places with them

I was one of them. I grew up poor. And thank God I grew up as a "poor" person in America............because unlike the rest of the world, I had all the opportunities to work myself into a middle class life. I took advantage of a free public education and my parents made me get good grades (or else!). Took advantage of several chances to improve my future, and did so.

Had I grown up poor in just about any other country on Earth, I'd have remained poor.

But in America, staying in our poor class is a choice. That choice is much easier made in youth, and the choice to get out of it gets harder as one gets older.

Ah yes....I have NO doubt that our veterans living on the streets and eating out of garbage cans, CHOOSE to do so. Twit.

A good share of them do ... its less complicated and they disappear.

Actually..the opposite is true.

The rich have to much money.

It's kind of like Plumbing...put to much water down one pipe..and it will back up.

How do you define "rich"?
How much is "too much money"?
Who does the defining? Government?:(

It's kind of like Plumbing...put to much water down one pipe..and it will back up.

"Greed" = wanting/having more than you "need"
"Need" = what a liberal feels you should be allowed to have.

I remember when my kids were in elementary school. We had one teacher that punished my son for bringing a trail mix of chocolate, nuts and raisins for snack time. Many of the other kids wanted some and he only had enough for himself. The teacher sent a note home stating that he could not bring anymore because it was not fair that he did not bring enough for all of the kids. The other kids "needed" to be able to enjoy the extra treat he had just like he was able to. He could only bring it unless he brought enough for "everyone". I asked him what he wanted to do. "I am bringing it again Dad and will suffer the consequences".

I remember when my kids were in elementary school. We had one teacher that punished my son for bringing a trail mix of chocolate, nuts and raisins for snack time. Many of the other kids wanted some and he only had enough for himself. The teacher sent a note home stating that he could not bring anymore because it was not fair that he did not bring enough for all of the kids. The other kids "needed" to be able to enjoy the extra treat he had just like he was able to. He could only bring it unless he brought enough for "everyone". I asked him what he wanted to do. "I am bringing it again Dad and will suffer the consequences".

Reminds me of getting caught chewing gum on line......"Do you have enough for everyone?"..........Commie

I was one of them. I grew up poor. And thank God I grew up as a "poor" person in America............because unlike the rest of the world, I had all the opportunities to work myself into a middle class life. I took advantage of a free public education and my parents made me get good grades (or else!). Took advantage of several chances to improve my future, and did so.

Had I grown up poor in just about any other country on Earth, I'd have remained poor.

But in America, staying in our poor class is a choice. That choice is much easier made in youth, and the choice to get out of it gets harder as one gets older.

Ah yes....I have NO doubt that our veterans living on the streets and eating out of garbage cans, CHOOSE to do so. Twit.

It's mostly true. It's a known fact that the majority of homeless people are homeless in large part to drug use. So the homeless CHOOSE to do drugs, thus, spend money on dope, not hope.

As far as vets, they got out of the military. They CHOSE to leave a steady job, or CHOSE to act in a way to get kicked out. If they are disabled, then they have means to get by without being homeless, unless they are spending that disability money on drugs.

I'd argue 99.9% of poor people are STILL poor or BECAME poor because of bad choices. No one is forced to be or remain poor.

You are an asshole and an idiot. The asshole comment is self explanatory. As far as drug addicts...you are an idiot. By far and away most homeless are alcoholics or have mental health issues. There are a small percentage of drug abusers. The vast majority of people accepting assistance such as food stamps, cash or medical assistance are not homeless. They are desperately struggling to maintain a home and family in unfortunate circumstance. Your observations are astoundingly vacant of compassion and intelligence.

Good kid.
Pathetic teacher.

Better yet...
What type of success warrants being rich?

Is Sean Penn afforded the right to be rich over say...Sam Waldman (Is Sam his name?)

How about Oprah Winfrey? I trust everyone on the left that adore her realize that the reason she is rich is her fame attracts advertisers...and those advertisers pay lots of money that Harpo Productions insists upon so they can advertise to Americans...and the American Consumer pays for those ads with the prices they pay.

You all do realize that Oprah is rich becuase she feeds off of corporate America that can pay the prices she insists on?

Is Oprah given a pass?

How about the money Obama got for his books? Michelle with her slaary as a hospital board member? Are they allowed to be rich?

What makes someone deemed as too rich?

Is this thread evidence of the rich engaging in class warfare?

Well the OP isnt rich but you know what I mean

Is this thread evidence of the rich engaging in class warfare?

Well the OP isnt rich but you know what I mean

I see it more as those that do not want to enagge in class warfare defending against those that do.

Most posters on here, from the right, such as myself, are not rich....maybe comfortable as I am...but not rich.

It's mostly true. It's a known fact that the majority of homeless people are homeless in large part to drug use. So the homeless CHOOSE to do drugs, thus, spend money on dope, not hope.

As far as vets, they got out of the military. They CHOSE to leave a steady job, or CHOSE to act in a way to get kicked out. If they are disabled, then they have means to get by without being homeless, unless they are spending that disability money on drugs.

I'd argue 99.9% of poor people are STILL poor or BECAME poor because of bad choices. No one is forced to be or remain poor.

You are an asshole and an idiot. The asshole comment is self explanatory. As far as drug addicts...you are an idiot. By far and away most homeless are alcoholics or have mental health issues.
....And/or, have COMBAT-TIME under-their-belt......

Last edited by a moderator:

You are an asshole and an idiot. The asshole comment is self explanatory. As far as drug addicts...you are an idiot. By far and away most homeless are alcoholics or have mental health issues.
....And/or, have COMBAT-TIME under-their-belt......

Ya.. I was going to mention veterans. Many homeless have served and fought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good kid.
Pathetic teacher.
....If it ever happened, at all.

"I am bringing it again Dad and will suffer the consequences".

Yeah....that really sounds like an Elementary School student's quote.

Are ALL 'Baggers frustrated, wannabe soap-opera-stars????

:eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Uhhhh....maybe get a job and work your ass off so you move up in the company? Let me guess your one of those people who think working the drive thru at Micky D's is a career choice.
When I started working in machine shops at age 20 I swept the floors I deburred I cleaned the bathrooms...I did whatever was asked of me. And you know what? Twenty five years later I was able to retire.......because I worked my ass off and wasnt to proud to take instuction from people who knew more then me.
The whole attitude of people who are poor generaly sucks !!!!!!They have a chip on there shoulder and refuse to listen to there betters....so they stay poor because of there ego.
And thats the truth,i've seen it a million times!!! They are to proud to clean floors or scrub a toilet.
So I say FUCK EM !!!!!! They care more about street cred then there familys!!!It's there attitude that got them where they are.
I cant count the times i've heard some punk say he's not working any harder because they don't pay him enough.
HELLOOOOO....How about you work harder and show you deserve a raise you egotistical piece of shit.
I have zero sympathy for these people!!! In fact I have nothing but contempt for them!!!
Again I say......FUCKEM!!!!!!

No kidding. And that's why Republicans are going to be such winners.

Did you read anyhing other then the highlighted part? Because if you did and still dont have contempt for people like that.............your a union member. Oh....and a moron.
Cherry pick much?

I don't just read highlighted parts...but I DO highlight them because I feel they need to see the light of day more....and it's pretty amazing how posters (like you, maybe?) get all hostile when their own words are highlighted like that. You'd think, since they wrote them, they'd be willing to stand by them......odd how it seems to generate hostility as if people were ashamed of their own words suddenly.

And I'm not in a union...nor an employee...I am an employer...a rather successful one at the moment....tho it is odd for you to rant about "your a union member" when this is a thread about America's poor. Did you take a wrong thread turn somewhere?

You are an asshole and an idiot. The asshole comment is self explanatory. As far as drug addicts...you are an idiot. By far and away most homeless are alcoholics or have mental health issues. There are a small percentage of drug abusers. The vast majority of people accepting assistance such as food stamps, cash or medical assistance are not homeless. They are desperately struggling to maintain a home and family in unfortunate circumstance. Your observations are astoundingly vacant of compassion and intelligence.

Huggy, I normally agree with you about 99% of the time.
You are so correct about the homeless as they are primarily mental health issue related and alcohol as alcohol is the cheapest drug.
But the vast majority accepting food stamps, free lunches for kids, housing assistance and Medicaid are dead beats. They are lazy and will not work in most cases.
The exception are SHORT TERM people that apply for assistance. Long term assistance is LIFE STYLE. I agree with you on the folks accepting short term assistance but when you have generations of a family on assistance it is because they ARE DEAD BEATS.
And they are the overwhelming majority. Brood mares should get no $$$.

Huggy, I normally agree with you about 99% of the time.
You are so correct about the homeless as they are primarily mental health issue related and alcohol as alcohol is the cheapest drug.
But the vast majority accepting food stamps, free lunches for kids, housing assistance and Medicaid are dead beats. They are lazy and will not work in most cases.The exception are SHORT TERM people that apply for assistance. Long term assistance is LIFE STYLE. I agree with you on the folks accepting short term assistance but when you have generations of a family on assistance it is because they ARE DEAD BEATS.
And they are the overwhelming majority. Brood mares should get no $$$.

You do know alot of people on food stamps, medicaid, and whose kids get the free lunches are people who work right?

Blame the poor for our downfall because they control so much of our economy.

How massively self deluded does someone have to be to manage to accept such silliness?

The poor dont control enough power to take us down.

Maybe you should look at the people who actually have power if you want to know how we got here.

The poor aren't holding us down or pulling us down.

The mindset of charity that our middle and upper class have towards the poor is what allows for a society that will not allow the poor to starve to death in our streets. We as a society have such charitable hearts that we allow our gov't to nearly go bankrupt by having massive entitlements to ensure a relatively easy life for our "poor".

However, there are far too many who take advantage of that as a way to never take responsibility for themselves. So when a time like now comes, where entitlements are really bankrupting us, we cannot cut them without a lot of heartache. Too many people are too dependent on them. We created a culture of dependency. And thats a problem.

We have a 13 trillion dollar economy and under 300 million people living in this country.

There should NOT be any poor people.

This ain't a hippie commune, swallow.... If you don't earn and provide for yourself, guess what, you're poor... regardless of how much others can and do make.... we have the freedom to succeed that goes and in hand with the freedom to fail

Forum List

Back