Zone1 The abortion debate - Understanding Both Sides

How many actual forced stillbirths have happened?

Anyone can look up the stats online. 93% of abortions occur before the 15th week. Over 90% of the remaining 7% of abortions are due to medical reasons. Willy-nilly, abortions of convenience after the 15th week are very rare. The "pro-lifers" want people to believe later-term abortions for reasons other than medical reasons are common and that's simply not true.

Anyone can look up the stats online. 93% of abortions occur before the 15th week. Over 90% of the remaining 7% of abortions are due to medical reasons. Willy-nilly, abortions of convenience after the 15th week are very rare. The "pro-lifers" want people to believe later-term abortions for reasons other than medical reasons are common and that's simply not true.

Then why do abortion rights States pass laws making abortion legal right up to the point of birth for reasons as obscure as "the health of the mother"?

Oh wait, birthing person.

Then why do abortion rights States pass laws making abortion legal right up to the point of birth for reasons as obscure as "the health of the mother"?

Oh wait, birthing person.

What stats are you referring to? Despite whatever you're saying the facts are that 93% of abortions are performed before the 15th week of pregnancy, and abortions of convenience or for any reason other than for medical emergencies are rare. It's far from the norm. You can pretend otherwise, but what evidence do you have?

What stats are you referring to? Despite whatever you're saying the facts are that 93% of abortions are performed before the 15th week of pregnancy, and abortions of convenience or for any reason other than for medical emergencies are rare. It's far from the norm. You can pretend otherwise, but what evidence do you have?

There’s nothing in that article about why women are getting their abortion. Where are you getting that stat?

Me thinks that once again you’re full of shit

There’s nothing in that article about why women are getting their abortion. Where are you getting that stat?

Me thinks that once again you’re full of shit

Quoting the pew research article, under the title "When during pregnancy do most abortions occur?" :

" The vast majority of abortions – around nine-in-ten – occur during the first trimester of pregnancy. In 2019, 93% of abortions occurred during the first trimesterthat is, at or before 13 weeks of gestation, according to the CDC. An additional 6% occurred between 14 and 20 weeks of pregnancy, and 1% were performed at 21 weeks or more of gestation. These CDC figures include data from 42 states and New York City (but not the rest of New York) "

You're the one who is "full of shit".

Last edited:
That has zero to do with why dummy. Do try and keep up.
The stats that I cited with respect to how many and when abortions are performed. It's relevant to what I was referring to and you apparently are unable to comprehend it.

abortions of convenience or for any reason other than for medical emergencies are rare. It's far from the norm. You can pretend otherwise, but what evidence do you have?

The stats that I cited with respect to how many and when abortions are performed. It's relevant to what I was referring to and you apparently are unable to comprehend it.

that’s not you saying abortions of convenience are rare and that most abortions are for medical emergencies? Do you post so much BS that forget what you posted 20 minutes ago?

that’s not you saying abortions of convenience are rare and that most abortions are for medical emergencies? Do you post so much BS that forget what you posted 20 minutes ago?
I said late-term abortions of convenience are rare. The vast majority of late-term abortions are for medical reasons. You need to improve your reading comprehension skills.

Last edited:

Then again why are these States going overboard and protecting abortion for any reason right up to the moment of birth?

Then again why are these States going overboard and protecting abortion for any reason right up to the moment of birth?

I personally don't believe late-term abortions should be permitted other than to prevent a serious medical emergency. My main objection to the pro-life position is the fact that so many conservatives claim to be so concerned about the life of embryos and fetuses in the wombs of strangers but then support politicians that defund social programs that help single mothers raise their children. Food, housing, healthcare, job training, daycare, school lunch programs, school supplies, clothing..etc. These supposed defenders of life (i.e. "pro-life"), flippantly dismiss the needs of single mothers and their babies, yet are incredibly concerned about embryos and fetuses. No no..If you're going to genuinely be pro-life, then be pro-life, not just in the womb, but outside of the womb as well. Don't just defend and support the lives of embryos and fetuses, while completely disregarding the needs of single mothers and their children. That's hypocrisy. Many of these "pro-life" people claim to be disciples of Jesus Christ, yet they support government policies that hurt single mothers and their children.

If you're going to be pro-life, be pro-life both inside the womb and outside of it. Don't just be a champion and defender of fetuses, also be a champion and defender of single mothers and their babies. Not just embryos and fetuses.

I personally don't believe late-term abortions should be permitted other than to prevent a serious medical emergency. My main objection to the pro-life position is the fact that so many conservatives claim to be so concerned about the life of embryos and fetuses in the wombs of strangers but then support politicians that defund social programs that help single mothers raise their children. Food, housing, healthcare, job training, daycare, school lunch programs, school supplies, clothing..etc. These supposed defenders of life (i.e. "pro-life"), flippantly dismiss the needs of single mothers and their babies, yet are incredibly concerned about embryos and fetuses. No no..If you're going to genuinely be pro-life, then be pro-life, not just in the womb, but outside of the womb as well. Don't just defend and support the lives of embryos and fetuses, while completely disregarding the needs of single mothers and their children. That's hypocrisy. Many of these "pro-life" people claim to be disciples of Jesus Christ, yet they support government policies that hurt single mothers and their children.

If you're going to be pro-life, be pro-life both inside the womb and outside of it. Don't just be a champion and defender of fetuses, also be a champion and defender of single mothers and their babies. Not just embryos and fetuses.

Things like that can come from charities, it does not have to be a government function.

And Warren is a person trying to shut down the very thing you are talking about, the pregnancy centers, because they don't offer abortion.

And sorry, but you don't get to do the whole "if you support X you must support Y trope, especially when for someone like you all solutions come from an all powerful government.

Since we no longer know how to reasonably compromise, this issue was destined to become all-or-nothing, my-way-or-no-way.
Most states with compromise by having abortion available with restrictions.As such, there will be people on both ends of the issue unhappy.

If I can be arrested for having a spotted owl omelette, then I surely should be arrested for ending the life of this.
1658248735401.jpeg

The right defunds programs and infrastructure that support single mothers and address homelessness, which creates more societal

Life in the womb is alive, but that life isn't necessarily a human being or person. At least not in the early stages of pregnancy.
I quoted the whole thing

Forum List

Back