The 2020 Election: Is Common Sense Making a Comeback?

Who gets your vote in 2020?

• Any Democrat candidate who wins the nomination

• A Democrat if he/she is a common sense candidate

• President Trump the Republican

• President Trump who has earned a second term

• President Trump the common sense candidate

• Any Republican who wins the nomination

• Any Republican who is a common sense candidate

• Somebody else

• I won't vote

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why do you kids always want links for shit that is common knowledge?
The sky is blue. You don't need a damn link.
/——-/ Trump has never filed for personal bankruptcy. That’s why I asked for a link knowing you couldn’t provide one. It’s like playing wack a mole with you libtards. BTW
Trump’s four corporate bankruptcies were Chapter 11 reorganizations (named for its location in federal bankruptcy code), which are designed to restructure businesses without shutting them down completely. The purpose is to "save" the business, as opposed to other forms of bankruptcy which would liquidate the company, said Michael Venditto, a partner at the ReedSmith law firm who has extensive experience with Chapter 11.
Fact-checking claims about Donald Trump's four bankruptcies
Don't be silly, those corporate bankruptcies are filed to protect his personal property from his business failures. They are his bankruptcies.

Stop defending the orange fool.
/—-/ The purpose of a corporation is to protect the owners personal property even if it goes belly up. Don’t you remember that from Business 101? Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

One question. Who file for bankruptcy on those properties? Let me answer it for you...... Trump.
So it doesn’t matter how you defined these and that turn it upside down and up ... ...... it’s own by Trump.
/——/ The corporations filed for bankruptcy you nincompoop, not Trump. You understanding of business is comical. Trump would file for personal bankruptcy, which he never did. Corporations are separate entities and they filed for Chapter 11 reorganization.

I never said anything different from you just posted......
You are trying to twist the technicalities. Yes Trump did not file for personal bankruptcies. He filed bankruptcy for his business. So it doesn’t matter it’s owned by Trump. It’s owned by Trump. Period.

Are you telling me then if that business made money..... It doesn’t go to Trump?

Why do you kids always want links for shit that is common knowledge?
The sky is blue. You don't need a damn link.
/——-/ Trump has never filed for personal bankruptcy. That’s why I asked for a link knowing you couldn’t provide one. It’s like playing wack a mole with you libtards. BTW
Trump’s four corporate bankruptcies were Chapter 11 reorganizations (named for its location in federal bankruptcy code), which are designed to restructure businesses without shutting them down completely. The purpose is to "save" the business, as opposed to other forms of bankruptcy which would liquidate the company, said Michael Venditto, a partner at the ReedSmith law firm who has extensive experience with Chapter 11.
Don't be silly, those corporate bankruptcies are filed to protect his personal property from his business failures. They are his bankruptcies.

/—-/ The purpose of a corporation is to protect the owners personal property even if it goes belly up. Don’t you remember that from Business 101? Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

One question. Who file for bankruptcy on those properties? Let me answer it for you...... Trump.
So it doesn’t matter how you defined these and that turn it upside down and up ... ...... it’s own by Trump.
/——/ The corporations filed for bankruptcy you nincompoop, not Trump. You understanding of business is comical. Trump would file for personal bankruptcy, which he never did. Corporations are separate entities and they filed for Chapter 11 reorganization.

Also... Why the hell you keep giving me a funny ratings?
That proved that you are weak and a pussy. Is that supposed to be your dumb rebuttal that I just kicked your ass all the time?

I know this will just get blown off and probably provoke attacks on me, but I am NOT asking anybody to agree with the OP, but simply to comment on why you will vote for who you think you'll vote for come November 2020. And why.

If we could not make this one more thread to insult each other and/or recite assigned partisan rhetoric and talking points and catch phrases, it would be really appreciated.

For me, President Trump IS the common sense candidate. He lays out common sense goals and objectives whether or not those are politically expedient. And he has done a tremendous job of accomplishing many of those goals and objectives so far in the short 2-1/2 years he has had to do that. And he has done it in the most hostile environment and against the most vicious opposition against a President that I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. (And my lifetime is probably considerably longer than most of yours.)

I didn't vote for him because he was proper or elegant or politically correct or shared my ideological perspective. I certainly did not vote for him as a paragon of virtue or role model for children and grandchildren. I see him as a flawed person but a decent person who has sinned as we all have, and also a person who happens to have great ability and a noble sense of purpose.

I voted for him because he offered a vision that I could believe in, and laid out specific objectives to accomplish that vision that I could mostly agree with. Yes he has had to abandon Plan A and go on to Plan B or C or D or whatever now and then. Yes he has had misspeaks and missteps along the way. Sometimes I think he makes the wrong choice. All Presidents do from time to time. But overall, his job performance scores very well in accomplishing what he said he intended to do.

And because of that, unless something significantly changes, I fully plan to vote for him again next year.

Simple question.

Is Trump corrupt?

That is not a simple question. In my opinion, as President, no he hasn't been and he is not. In his personal life I don't know what he may or may not have done that some might interpret as 'corrupt' but unless it affects me and mine or America, it is none of my business.

It’s not your business?

It’s my business because it makes a big difference to me if my president is corrupt or honest. He can’t even show his tax returns. Just imagine if everyone does that?
/——-/ Really? Because I recall libtards lecturing us that Bill Clinton’s personal sex life was none of our business and he could bang as many women he wanted as long as it didn’t affect his job.

We are not talking about Clinton. Clinton is no longer the POTUS..

Trump had NOTHING to do with the US Energy independence. Absolutely NOTHING. The USA started increasing production under Bush, and accelerated it greatly under Obama. Energy production under the Trump Administration has actually slowed.

Is U.S. Energy Independence In Sight?

I love how you fools just openly give Trump credit for the economy, and energy production.
/——/ Yes Trump did. He removed regulations that hampered the industry. Obozo blocked oil exploration on public land but he couldn’t stop it on private land. So production increased in spite of Obozo. Remember Drill Baby Drill?

Bull fucking shit dude. Trump did nothing to make us independence from oil industry.
It takes years of investments.

What regulations that Trump removed? Show me a link or proof.

Trump wrote an EO to drill west coast off shore.... but that has not even started yet dude. Not a single oil flat form even constructed. You don’t know what you are talking about.

Why would you build more oil flat form when there are Hundreds of them sitting idle for years? Most of them are located in the south east. Some of these oil companies filed bankruptcy because oil is very cheap.

Trump had NOTHING to do with the US Energy independence. Absolutely NOTHING. The USA started increasing production under Bush, and accelerated it greatly under Obama. Energy production under the Trump Administration has actually slowed.

I love how you fools just openly give Trump credit for the economy, and energy production.
/——/ Yes Trump did. He removed regulations that hampered the industry. Obozo blocked oil exploration on public land but he couldn’t stop it on private land. So production increased in spite of Obozo. Remember Drill Baby Drill?

Obama ended drilling leases on public lands that had not been used. If the lessee hadn’t drilled, the lease was ended.

The increases in oil and gas production are tailing off under Trump. Trump hasn’t increased oil and gas production at anywhere near the rates that Obama did. His deregulation is a bust.

Like the economy the job creation and other Obama achievements that Trump is now claiming full credit for, energy production was better under Obama
/——/ Obozo said it wasn’t possible to increase production yet you give him credit for what private companies did. Obama Was Wrong on Oil. We Did ‘Drill Our Way Out of the Problem.’

Why in the world are you using these kind of sites for your opinions?
These sites are known to be .......

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.

I know this will just get blown off and probably provoke attacks on me, but I am NOT asking anybody to agree with the OP, but simply to comment on why you will vote for who you think you'll vote for come November 2020. And why.

If we could not make this one more thread to insult each other and/or recite assigned partisan rhetoric and talking points and catch phrases, it would be really appreciated.

For me, President Trump IS the common sense candidate. He lays out common sense goals and objectives whether or not those are politically expedient. And he has done a tremendous job of accomplishing many of those goals and objectives so far in the short 2-1/2 years he has had to do that. And he has done it in the most hostile environment and against the most vicious opposition against a President that I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. (And my lifetime is probably considerably longer than most of yours.)

I didn't vote for him because he was proper or elegant or politically correct or shared my ideological perspective. I certainly did not vote for him as a paragon of virtue or role model for children and grandchildren. I see him as a flawed person but a decent person who has sinned as we all have, and also a person who happens to have great ability and a noble sense of purpose.

I voted for him because he offered a vision that I could believe in, and laid out specific objectives to accomplish that vision that I could mostly agree with. Yes he has had to abandon Plan A and go on to Plan B or C or D or whatever now and then. Yes he has had misspeaks and missteps along the way. Sometimes I think he makes the wrong choice. All Presidents do from time to time. But overall, his job performance scores very well in accomplishing what he said he intended to do.

And because of that, unless something significantly changes, I fully plan to vote for him again next year.

Simple question.

Is Trump corrupt?

That is not a simple question. In my opinion, as President, no he hasn't been and he is not. In his personal life I don't know what he may or may not have done that some might interpret as 'corrupt' but unless it affects me and mine or America, it is none of my business.

It’s not your business?

It’s my business because it makes a big difference to me if my president is corrupt or honest. He can’t even show his tax returns. Just imagine if everyone does that?
/——-/ Really? Because I recall libtards lecturing us that Bill Clinton’s personal sex life was none of our business and he could bang as many women he wanted as long as it didn’t affect his job.

Which raises a common sense point. If previous Presidents cannot be used for comparison, then Trump's tax returns are not an issue, he can't be compared to anybody else, and nobody else is a factor on anything that is happening now.

And President Trump gets ALL the credit for every good thing happening in America that is any way connected to Presidential policy.

Deal?

Obama ended drilling leases on public lands that had not been used. If the lessee hadn’t drilled, the lease was ended.

The increases in oil and gas production are tailing off under Trump. Trump hasn’t increased oil and gas production at anywhere near the rates that Obama did. His deregulation is a bust.

Like the economy the job creation and other Obama achievements that Trump is now claiming full credit for, energy production was better under Obama
/——/ Obozo said it wasn’t possible to increase production yet you give him credit for what private companies did. Obama Was Wrong on Oil. We Did ‘Drill Our Way Out of the Problem.’

The Daily Signal. What a joke.

Daily Signal - Media Bias/Fact Check

Let's try:

President Obama's Energy Report Card
/—-/ The only joke is Obozo saying we can’t drill our way to oil independence. We did it anyway

That information came from your funny link.

Let's try:

/—-/ The only joke is Obozo saying we can’t drill our way to oil independence. We did it anyway

Yes, and President Obama, H Clinton, and even RINOS are also all on the record that America's manufacturing base is gone and won't come back. We did lessen energy dependence during the Obama Administration, but it has to be galling to them that we achieved energy independence under President Trump. And that the bleeding of manufacturing jobs has mostly stopped and we are actually gaining manufacturing jobs again.

Turning around the coal industry is tougher because of so much previous transitioning out of coal energy, but the bleeding has stopped there too and coal jobs have modestly increased. More businesses are returning to the USA than are leaving now because of President Trump's business friendly policies and a tax code that encourages them to use their operating and venture capital here instead of overseas.

These are all positive metrics for America and Americans. And Trump haters hate it because they hate him so much they want the news to be all doom and gloom to make President Trump look bad. But then these are the same people who actually resent or disparage America, some even loathe it, and a Make America Great Again or Keep America Great concept is repugnant to them.

Obama didn't do all bad things and it is wrong of his opposition to characterize his administration as worse than it was. All of Hillary's proposals weren't terrible and it is wrong of her opposition to criticize her where it isn't warranted.

But the fact is, Obama was not a good friend to America. I honestly believe he was among those who thought other countries far superior in many ways as he rarely said good things about his country but more often apologized for it and put it down. Obama's policies included good and bad but also produced a lackluster, stagnant economy that benefited mostly the rich. And Hillary's platform included no vision or ideas to do anything any differently.

Under President Trump there is consumer and business confidence that we haven't seen for a very long time. Unemployment went down under Obama but so did labor participation. President Trump has continued to lower unemployment, and his policies have also lowered unemployment among blacks, Hispanics, Asians, women, youth, the hard core unemployed to historic levels while wages and benefits have significantly improved for many. Last month the labor participation rate ticked up despite record numbers of baby boomers who are now retiring. I am seeing a lot of long vacant commercial buildings filling up again.

By almost every metric, President Trump's score card looks a lot better than President Obama's.

That’s just a pile of cow dung.

1. Did Trump brought his products back to be made in US? That makes him what? A totally HYPOCRITE.

2. Coal industry is a dying industry that your sleaze bag trying to salvage for the sake of his buddies. Every one is trying to switch reusable energy. To produce clean air. The whole world is switching to that direction. Trump is going back wards.
3. Trump has nothing to do with with the current booming economy. It’s Obama’s economy. It happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Under Trump, US jobs are moving overseas even faster than before
By Tim FernholzDecember 1, 2017

We’re just shipping company after company after company is leaving this country and leaving jobs behind,” president Donald Trump said on the campaign trail last year. “And I’m going to get it stopped.”

So far, not so good. A group that advocates for federal workers says government records show (pdf) more than 10,000 jobs at federal contractors have been sent over overseas since Trump was elected. That’s more than double the average annual amount during Barack Obama’s presidency. The organization, Good Jobs Nation, funded by unions and faith groups, wants the White House to hold these contractors accountable.

Is President Donald Trump losing his fight to save coal? Third major company since May files for bankruptcy

KRISTIN LAM | USA TODAY | 8:20 pm EDT July 4, 2019

Nearly 2,000 miners across four states may lose their jobs after yet another major coal company filed for bankruptcy this week – the third since May and fourth since last October.

I posted and asked several times all over.......
1. What regulations that Trump abolished that helped the economy?

2. What did he do that helped the booming economy?

But not a single Trump supporters can give me an honest answer.

Let's try:

Yes, and President Obama, H Clinton, and even RINOS are also all on the record that America's manufacturing base is gone and won't come back. We did lessen energy dependence during the Obama Administration, but it has to be galling to them that we achieved energy independence under President Trump. And that the bleeding of manufacturing jobs has mostly stopped and we are actually gaining manufacturing jobs again.

Turning around the coal industry is tougher because of so much previous transitioning out of coal energy, but the bleeding has stopped there too and coal jobs have modestly increased. More businesses are returning to the USA than are leaving now because of President Trump's business friendly policies and a tax code that encourages them to use their operating and venture capital here instead of overseas.

These are all positive metrics for America and Americans. And Trump haters hate it because they hate him so much they want the news to be all doom and gloom to make President Trump look bad. But then these are the same people who actually resent or disparage America, some even loathe it, and a Make America Great Again or Keep America Great concept is repugnant to them.

Obama didn't do all bad things and it is wrong of his opposition to characterize his administration as worse than it was. All of Hillary's proposals weren't terrible and it is wrong of her opposition to criticize her where it isn't warranted.

But the fact is, Obama was not a good friend to America. I honestly believe he was among those who thought other countries far superior in many ways as he rarely said good things about his country but more often apologized for it and put it down. Obama's policies included good and bad but also produced a lackluster, stagnant economy that benefited mostly the rich. And Hillary's platform included no vision or ideas to do anything any differently.

Under President Trump there is consumer and business confidence that we haven't seen for a very long time. Unemployment went down under Obama but so did labor participation. President Trump has continued to lower unemployment, and his policies have also lowered unemployment among blacks, Hispanics, Asians, women, youth, the hard core unemployed to historic levels while wages and benefits have significantly improved for many. Last month the labor participation rate ticked up despite record numbers of baby boomers who are now retiring. I am seeing a lot of long vacant commercial buildings filling up again.

By almost every metric, President Trump's score card looks a lot better than President Obama's.

1. Did Trump brought his products back to be made in US? That makes him what? A totally HYPOCRITE.

2. Coal industry is a dying industry that your sleaze bag trying to salvage for the sake of his buddies. Every one is trying to switch reusable energy. To produce clean air. The whole world is switching to that direction. Trump is going back wards.
3. Trump has nothing to do with with the current booming economy. It’s Obama’s economy. It happened to be at the right place at the right time.

We’re just shipping company after company after company is leaving this country and leaving jobs behind,” president Donald Trump said on the campaign trail last year. “And I’m going to get it stopped.”

So far, not so good. A group that advocates for federal workers says government records show (pdf) more than 10,000 jobs at federal contractors have been sent over overseas since Trump was elected. That’s more than double the average annual amount during Barack Obama’s presidency. The organization, Good Jobs Nation, funded by unions and faith groups, wants the White House to hold these contractors accountable.

Is President Donald Trump losing his fight to save coal? Third major company since May files for bankruptcy

Nearly 2,000 miners across four states may lose their jobs after yet another major coal company filed for bankruptcy this week – the third since May and fourth since last October.

Coal jobs are still up under President Trump. Hillary Clinton lost the West Virginia vote when she proudly bragged that they would be closing down a lot of coal mines. So think it would have been any better under her?

More jobs are coming back to the USA than are leaving. I think it probably would have been very different with Hillary as President.

I enjoy having a President that gives me things to cheer about. I feel sorry for those who see only doom and gloom because that is what they are told to do.

I'm voting for Trump in 2020 with as much, if not more enthusiasm as in 2016. We need him for a second term, take back the House, increase the Senate and pave the way for a Pence presidency.

MAGA!

/——-/ Get your Google fixed so you can do your own research. Trump Has Repealed Hundreds Of Obama-Era Regulations
...federal agencies delayed 282 regulations going through the rule making process and halted rulemaking for another 109 regulations. OMB also reports a 50 percent drop in “economically significant” regulations — rules costing $100 million or more.

Simple question.

Is Trump corrupt?

It’s not your business?

/—-/ Nice Try, Spanky. Now justify your hypocrisy. Why are Dems sex lives private matters but not Republicans?

When we are considering common sense, let's focus on one single concept at a time. This time let's focus on. . .

What is more profitable for Americans as a whole?

A. A person working for and meriting a paycheck and thereby increasing his/her wealth along with that of his/her employer?

B. Taking resources from one person in order to provide another with a government check?

Which choice most increases the economy?
Which choice requires the least involuntary contributions from others?
Which choice costs the taxpayers the most in bureaucracy?
Which choice is more likely to produce a sense of self worth, responsibility, accountability, pride of accomplishment?
Which choice more likely narrows the wealth inequality gap?
Which choice empowers people more?
Which choice empowers government more?

And once common sense is applied, which candidate makes the most sense in 2020? President Trump? or whomever among the current field of candidates the Democrats nominate?

Last edited:

You are trying to twist the technicalities. Yes Trump did not file for personal bankruptcies. He filed bankruptcy for his business. So it doesn’t matter it’s owned by Trump. It’s owned by Trump. Period.

Are you telling me then if that business made money..... It doesn’t go to Trump?
/----/ Once again, the corporations filed for reorganization. And what is wrong with that? 4 out of 500 ain't so bad. It happens all of the time. Now if he filed for personal bankruptcy, then that would be a big deal, but he never did.
The Companies Owned by Donald Trump
Businesses You May Not Know
Many of Trump's businesses have flown under the radar. Indeed, Trump has full or partial ownership of approximately 500 companies in the United States alone. Many of these companies focus their efforts on developing Trump's real estate ventures abroad, although they are headquartered in the U.S. Some of Trump's lesser-known companies include:

Let's try:

1. Coal jobs are still up under President Trump. Hillary Clinton lost the West Virginia vote when she proudly bragged that they would be closing down a lot of coal mines. So think it would have been any better under her?

2. More jobs are coming back to the USA than are leaving. I think it probably would have been very different with Hillary as President.

3. I enjoy having a President that gives me things to cheer about. I feel sorry for those who see only doom and gloom because that is what they are told to do.

1. Once again. Trump lied to coal industry people just to get their votes. He knows whatever he does coal industries will die. Because of reusable energy and cheap natural gas products that are easier, cheaper, cleaner to extract and process. Most are coming from Permian Basin.
And it doesn’t matter who is the president the coal industry will go on as it existed till it die by itself. Hillary did not say stop producing coal. No one will say stop producing coal. That is the reality. Not the lying bull crap that you and Trump trying to twist and lie to people.

2. NO and NO. Business owners like me will make decisions what is good for the business. It doesn’t matter who is the POTUS. That is the reality. I’m in the medical instruments business. My consumables are made in China and Europe. My answering service and dispatch after hours is in Makati, Philippines.
The same like Trump. His products are made in China, Bangladesh and Mexico.
So why is he not brought his products to be made in here in US? That makes him what a total HYPOCRITE. Right?

3. Good for you. Items 1 and 2 I mentioned above alone makes me puke.

/——-/ Get your Google fixed so you can do your own research. Trump Has Repealed Hundreds Of Obama-Era Regulations
...federal agencies delayed 282 regulations going through the rule making process and halted rulemaking for another 109 regulations. OMB also reports a 50 percent drop in “economically significant” regulations — rules costing $100 million or more.

No dude. That is a fantasy general list. Give me specifics.

Anybody especially how your fake messiah manipulate and lie things can easily made those things up.

/----/ Once again, the corporations filed for reorganization. And what is wrong with that? 4 out of 500 ain't so bad. It happens all of the time. Now if he filed for personal bankruptcy, then that would be a big deal, but he never did.
The Companies Owned by Donald Trump
Businesses You May Not Know
Many of Trump's businesses have flown under the radar. Indeed, Trump has full or partial ownership of approximately 500 companies in the United States alone. Many of these companies focus their efforts on developing Trump's real estate ventures abroad, although they are headquartered in the U.S. Some of Trump's lesser-known companies include:

What the hell is wrong with you? I never said your fake messiah sleaze bag filed personal bankruptcy.

His business filed bankruptcy and it doesn’t matter how you try to twist the technicalities he owned the business. Period. He filed bankruptcy. Period.

So let me asked you one last time. If that business is making money. He will not benefit or take the money?

1. Coal jobs are still up under President Trump. Hillary Clinton lost the West Virginia vote when she proudly bragged that they would be closing down a lot of coal mines. So think it would have been any better under her?

2. More jobs are coming back to the USA than are leaving. I think it probably would have been very different with Hillary as President.

3. I enjoy having a President that gives me things to cheer about. I feel sorry for those who see only doom and gloom because that is what they are told to do.

1. Once again. Trump lied to coal industry people just to get their votes. He knows whatever he does coal industries will die. Because of reusable energy and cheap natural gas products that are easier, cheaper, cleaner to extract and process. Most are coming from Permian Basin.
And it doesn’t matter who is the president the coal industry will go on as it existed till it die by itself. Hillary did not say stop producing coal. No one will say stop producing coal. That is the reality. Not the lying bull crap that you and Trump trying to twist and lie to people.

2. NO and NO. Business owners like me will make decisions what is good for the business. It doesn’t matter who is the POTUS. That is the reality. I’m in the medical instruments business. My consumables are made in China and Europe. My answering service and dispatch after hours is in Makati, Philippines.
The same like Trump. His products are made in China, Bangladesh and Mexico.
So why is he not brought his products to be made in here in US? That makes him what a total HYPOCRITE. Right?

3. Good for you. Items 1 and 2 I mentioned above alone makes me puke.

1. No he didn't.

2. Business owners like me closed up shop or scaled back due to the anti-business and destructive policies of the Obama Administration. Not because our business's failed, but it was too risky to keep our operating capital vulnerable. There were a lot of us. Those who survived and got back in the game are liking Trump policies a lot.

3. Too bad that more instead of less coal jobs and that more jobs are coming back into the USA than are leaving makes you puke. That's really really sad.

This is so funny ( from your post above) ... ...... federal agencies delayed 282 regulations going through the rule making process blah blah blah.

What a pile of cow dung.

Those regulations existed during Obama years. So why is the economy is already ( recovery from recession) very good in 2015 and 2016? Especially in 2016. Can you explain that?

All I know Trump dismantling Obama’s regulations just for the hell of doing something to show he is doing something. Those regulations created was mean for something. Like Obama prohibits mentally retarded people purchase guns. Trump dismantled that because he is NRA lap dog.

Like Michele Obama’s food programs at public school lunches. Less salt because of childhood obesity. Trump dismantled that. What the hell?

Forum List

Back