The 20-year-old woman drowned after her father stopped lifeguards saving her at a beach in Dubai as

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
So sad to think that a father didn't want his daughter saved because she would be touched by a lifeguard.

Dubai drowning: 'More women could die without female lifeguards' says safety chief after dad stops daughter's rescue
The 20-year-old woman drowned after her father stopped lifeguards saving her at a beach in Dubai as it would have caused 'dishonour'
  • 2782 Shares

• The 20-year-old woman drowned after her father stopped lifeguards saving her at a beach in Dubai as it would have caused 'dishonour'

" data-content-image="http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5144883.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/Holidays.png">Share
  • The 20-year-old woman drowned after her father stopped lifeguards saving her at a beach in Dubai as it would have caused 'dishonour'

" data-content-image="">Tweet

" data-content-image="">+1

" data-content-image="http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5144883.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/Holidays.png">Pinterest
Holidays.png

Drowning: The 20-year-old died after getting into difficulty off the coast of Dubai
A Dubai safety chief has warned more people could drown in the city unless female lifeguards are hired to save struggling women and girls.

A woman drowned off the coast of Dubai when her father stopped male lifeguards trying to save her because it would 'dishonour' her.

The man reportedly grappled with lifeguards as they tried to save the 20-year-old woman as he did not want them to touch her.

Continue reading at:
Dubai drowning More women could die without female lifeguards says safety chief after dad stops daughter s rescue - Mirror Online?

This hyperpatriarchy crap is some seriously sick shit. May this guy be haunted forever.

So sad to think that a father didn't want his daughter saved because she would be touched by a lifeguard.

Dubai drowning: 'More women could die without female lifeguards' says safety chief after dad stops daughter's rescue
The 20-year-old woman drowned after her father stopped lifeguards saving her at a beach in Dubai as it would have caused 'dishonour'
  • 2782 Shares

" data-content-image="http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5144883.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/Holidays.png">Share

" data-content-image="http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5144883.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/Holidays.png">Pinterest
Holidays.png

Drowning: The 20-year-old died after getting into difficulty off the coast of Dubai
A Dubai safety chief has warned more people could drown in the city unless female lifeguards are hired to save struggling women and girls.

A woman drowned off the coast of Dubai when her father stopped male lifeguards trying to save her because it would 'dishonour' her.

The man reportedly grappled with lifeguards as they tried to save the 20-year-old woman as he did not want them to touch her.

Continue reading at:
Dubai drowning More women could die without female lifeguards says safety chief after dad stops daughter s rescue - Mirror Online?

You can find the same and similar in the U.S. People who's religious beliefs don't allow them to get medical help for their children. Or keep them from getting their children vaccinated.

You want to talk about a line between freedom of religion and life? Well which is it? Should someone be forced, against their religious beliefs, to save their life? Isn't allowing your child to die because of your religious beliefs a form of abortion?

• 2782 Shares

Holidays.png

Continue reading at:

You can find the same and similar in the U.S. People who's religious beliefs don't allow them to get medical help for their children. Or keep them from getting their children vaccinated.

You want to talk about a line between freedom of religion and life? Well which is it? Should someone be forced, against their religious beliefs, to save their life? Isn't allowing your child to die because of your religious beliefs a form of abortion?

Blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah.

Astute, profound and lucid. Clearly the rest of us are intellectually overmatched here.

Islam, where brain cells go to die.

Where do you get "Islam" out of this, speaking of brain cells?
Where in fact does it mention religion at all?

i was talking to a moron who claimed that you find the same or similar to this in the U.S.

"No matter what barbarism occurs in the world, the U.S. Is always guilty of the same if not worse." There's a specific group that always says that. They go out of their way equating everything. I suppose you're part of this enlightened group of people.

Yes, Islam does cause these abominations to occur. It is a violent, intolerant, and chauvinistic faith.

Blah blah blah.

Astute, profound and lucid. Clearly the rest of us are intellectually overmatched here.

i was talking to a moron who claimed that you find the same or similar to this in the U.S.

No matter what barbarism occurs in the world, the U.S. Is always guilty of the same if not worse. There's a specific group that always does that. I suppose you're part of this enlightened group of people.

Yes, Islam does cause these abominations to occur. It is a violent, intolerant, and chauvinistic faith.

Again -- WHERE do you see "Islam", or any religion, mentioned anywhere here at all?

Is that question inconvenient?

Patriarchal culture perversion (PCP) caused this abomination to occur. It ain't got shit to do with religions. It's the same knuckledragging bullshit that brought us the wonders of "honor killings" and female genital mutilations. The local officials -- who presumably are themselves Muslims -- arrested this idiot and put him in the clink.

• 2782 Shares

Holidays.png

Continue reading at:

Not really the same thing, as the parents practice what they preach. This guy let a kid die in a situation where HE would probably be expected to be rescued.

Blah blah blah.

No matter what barbarism occurs in the world, the U.S. Is always guilty of the same if not worse. There's a specific group that always does that. I suppose you're part of this enlightened group of people.

Again -- WHERE do you see "Islam", or any religion, mentioned anywhere here at all?

I already explained it to you. The Muslim faith considers women lower than dirt, they are like goats and cattle to men. Is it any coicidence that the countries where women suffer the most abuse are all if not most Muslim nations and societies? You liberals crack me up. You whine about women's rights but are the first to defend those that are the most abusive toward women.

• 2782 Shares

Say Sally --- is there a point in posting the same bullet point five times, complete with image codes?

Blah blah blah.

I already explained it to you. The Muslim faith considers women lower than dirt, they are like goats and cattle to men. Is it any coicidence that the countries where women suffer the most abuse are all if not most Muslim nations and societies?

"All if not most"? Did we miss our coffee today?

AGAIN -- WHERE do you see any mention of anybody's religion here?

Are we lost on what the word "where" means?

It says he was a tourist, describing him only as "Asian". Far as I know "Asian" is not a religion.

You liberals crack me up. You whine about women's rights but are the first to defend those that are the most abusive toward women.

And WHERE do you see such a "defense" here?
Got a quote? Where? Oh sorry, didn't mean to use a big word...

Last edited:
So sad and cruel.
The more they abuse/kill their women, that's one less muslim born. Bet they haven't thought of that.
Stupid religion.

There's no religion mentioned here Gracie. The guy's a tourist described only as "Asian". Doesn't say what his religion is, if any, although based on the "honor" idiocy the Indian subcontinent would be a good guess.

This is not a religion thing -- never was. It's an ancient cultural holdover from millennia ago, way older than any religion. Same as so-called "honor killings" and bride burnings and female circumcisions. They're ancient (as in really really old) traditions put in place to control women. And that comes from a time way before they thought of father-god religions to serve the same purpose.

Blah blah blah.

I already explained it to you. The Muslim faith considers women lower than dirt, they are like goats and cattle to men. Is it any coicidence that the countries where women suffer the most abuse are all if not most Muslim nations and societies? You liberals crack me up. You whine about women's rights but are the first to defend those that are the most abusive toward women.

It says he was a tourist, describing him only as "Asian". Far as I know "Asian" is not a religion.

Aw come on, get real here, we are in a Muslim country, and the lifeguards because they were male were not allowed to save the girl. You're grasping at straws here. It's not like this barbaric faith hasn't caused Muslims to do this kind of barbarity before.

BBC News MIDDLE EAST Saudi police stopped fire rescue

BBC News | MIDDLE EAST | Saudi police 'stopped' fire rescue
Saudi Arabia's religious police stopped schoolgirls from leaving a blazing building because they were not wearing correct Islamic dress, according to Saudi newspapers.
In a rare criticism of the kingdom's powerful "mutaween" police, the Saudi media has accused them of hindering attempts to save 15 girls who died in the fire on Monday.

About 800 pupils were inside the school in the holy city of Mecca when the tragedy occurred.

According to the al-Eqtisadiah daily, firemen confronted police after they tried to keep the girls inside because they were not wearing the headscarves and abayas (black robes) required by the kingdom's strict interpretation of Islam.

One witness said he saw three policemen "beating young girls to prevent them from leaving the school because they were not wearing the abaya".

The Saudi Gazette quoted witnesses as saying that the police - known as the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice - had stopped men who tried to help the girls and warned "it is a sinful to approach them".

The father of one of the dead girls said that the school watchman even refused to open the gates to let the girls out.

"Lives could have been saved had they not been stopped by members of the Commission for Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice," the newspaper concluded.

Relatives' anger

Families of the victims have been incensed over the deaths.

Most of the victims were crushed in a stampede as they tried to flee the blaze.

The school was locked at the time of the fire - a usual practice to ensure full segregation of the sexes.

The religious police are widely feared in Saudi Arabia. They roam the streets enforcing dress codes and sex segregation, and ensuring prayers are performed on time.

Those who refuse to obey their orders are often beaten and sometimes put in jail.

So sad and cruel.
The more they abuse/kill their women, that's one less muslim born. Bet they haven't thought of that.
Stupid religion.

There's no religion mentioned here Gracie. The guy's a tourist described only as "Asian". Doesn't say what his religion is, if any, although based on the "honor" idiocy the Indian subcontinent would be a good guess. This is not a religion thing -- never was. It's an ancient cultural holdover from millennia ago, way older than any religion. Same as so-called "honor killings". They're ancient, as in really really old, traditions put in place to control women. And that comes from a time way before they thought of father-god religions to serve the same purpose.

Asian as in Malaysian or Indonesian. It won't be Chinese or Vietnamese. LOL wow.

So sad and cruel.
Stupid religion.

There's no religion mentioned here Gracie. The guy's a tourist described only as "Asian". Doesn't say what his religion is, if any, although based on the "honor" idiocy the Indian subcontinent would be a good guess. This is not a religion thing -- never was. It's an ancient cultural holdover from millennia ago, way older than any religion. Same as so-called "honor killings". They're ancient, as in really really old, traditions put in place to control women. And that comes from a time way before they thought of father-god religions to serve the same purpose.

Asian as in Malaysian or Indonesian. It won't be Chinese or Vietnamese. LOL wow.

That makes even less sense. All of those are Asian countries, and there are a lot more.
My guess is the subcontinent (India/Pakistan/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka) but that's just a stab in the dark based on the knowledge that these hyperpartriarchal practices persist there. But I wouldn't be stupid enough to claim I know that based on only having the adjective "Asian".

The story is apparently also nineteen years old:

>> Apparently the article – which originated on the website Emirates 24/7 – was from an interview in which lifeguards were asked to recount the strangest things that had happened to them. As someone who bothered to check out where it came from tells Monkey: “They mentioned this case of the Asian man who prevented his daughter’s rescue, but, and here’s the catch – it was from 1996.” <<

Aw come on, get real here, we are in a Muslim country, and the lifeguards because they were male were not allowed to save the girl. You're grasping at straws here. It's not like this barbaric faith hasn't caused Muslims to do this kind of barbarity before.

And AGAIN .... the officials IN that country, ON the scene, who are presumably themselves Muslims, tried to rescue the girl, were stopped by the intervening "Asian" father, and then arrested and sued him for what he did.

>> Lt. Col. Burqibah added that the girl’s father was later arrested by Dubai Police for stopping the rescue team from saving his daughter’s life and doing their job.

““This is one of the incidents which I cannot forget. It shocked me and many others who were involved in the case.

... Lt. Col. Burqibah added that the girl’s father was later arrested by Dubai Police for stopping the rescue team from saving his daughter’s life and doing their job.
"He was prosecuted and sued by the concerned authorities.” --- Emirates 24/7 <<​

Col. Burquibah was apparently relating a story from two decades ago that still haunts him.. For exactly the same reason it haunts us.

--- And yet somehow you want to blame "Islam". In a story that makes no mention of any kind of religion at all.

What's wrong with this picture?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back