Thanks to Obama Policies, DOW is up 8,000 points from Bush debacle

Actually closer to 9,000 - but why quibble.

America's 401K's and IRA's have doubled under Obama policies.

Excellent!

:)

Name the exact policies and how they have cause the DOW to climb.

Here are some:

The stimulus, winding down wars that never should have happened, higher income taxes on the overclass to help pay for social programs, helping the American auto makers.

Excellent!

Here are some:

The stimulus, winding down wars that never should have happened, higher income taxes on the overclass to help pay for social programs, helping the American auto makers.

How do those programs help the Dow Jones.

Excellent!

Did you notice when Bernanke hinted that the interest rate might rise how the market went into a tailspin? Only when Bernanke stated that it wouldn't be in the near future that the market stabilized? No, I doubt you would have noticed that....because trolls don't notice things like that. :eusa_whistle:

Excellent!

Here are some:

You left out the most important one, which is the fed buying hundreds of billions of dollars worth of toxic loans from the major banks (that screwed us all over in 2008), every month, for like the past 5 years, lol.

I admit, I was optimistic about Obama sometime in 2007. Not anymore. The man has done close to nothing to prosecute those crooks that put tens of millions of our fellow Americans out of work. He's just another two-faced politician.

You folks need to realize this, so we can work together to get someone genuine elected who will actually look out for the rest of us and not Monsanto or JP Morgan...

We're in this together, folks, time to wake the fuck up.

Last edited:
Black unemployment is still around 13%

Most of the 8 million jobs Bush and Republicans outsourced were unskilled, low wage jobs

These workers didn't go away anywhere near as fast as the jobs did.

But we notice the rash of bills Republicans have pushed through Congress to make jobs for these folks that they put on food stamps !

:(

Wow. So now you're saying that blacks under the O adminstration are nothing but unskilled workers.

Black unemployment is still around 13%

Most of the 8 million jobs Bush and Republicans outsourced were unskilled, low wage jobs

These workers didn't go away anywhere near as fast as the jobs did.

But we notice the rash of bills Republicans have pushed through Congress to make jobs for these folks that they put on food stamps !

:(

Wow. So now you're saying that blacks under the O adminstration are nothing but unskilled workers.

Drivebymedia bailed on this thread, the asswhoopin was to big.

Couldn't handle being asked to prove the statements he made.

Excellent!

I'm very happy with how my investments have performed the last 18 mos.

I suspect very few of the Tea Baggers and Mark Levin fans around here have any meaningful investments -- they are really missing out.

You're a delusional idiot.

That's it. That's all you have? No proof to dispute anything?

This ladies and gentlemen is all they have....."you're a delusional idiot". That's it?

By the way, this is why we won in 2012. It really is.

It's awesome for people like me. I don't see how this helps the little guy like you, but great for the financial industry.
No, it's not just the 1%. 42% of the workers in America have 401K's & IRA's and the vast majority of those workers have see their investments rise significantly. Since Obama took office the market has risen 73%. There is no way of knowing how much credit goes to Obama but one thing is for sure, the Republicans certainly can't take credit for it.

exactly and you won't here driveby giving bush credit for the highest dow in history at the time

Do you give credit to Herbert Hoover for having the highest DOW at the time?

I think not ....

i don't give credit or blame to presidents, they have very little, if any effect on wall street unless they specifically implement a policy on their own, which is unlikely as it would bypass congress.

please take civics 101

You're a delusional idiot.

That's it. That's all you have? No proof to dispute anything?

This ladies and gentlemen is all they have....."you're a delusional idiot". That's it?

By the way, this is why we won in 2012. It really is.

It's more than drivebymedia has handed us, it can answer a simple question and then continues to spew words he can't back up.

Traditional monetary theory has no easy classification for QE. At the zero lower bound traditional monetary theory, working through interest rates, is not functional and fiscal stimulus is not politically possible. Therefore the Fed has tried non-traditional monetary measures. I think it's fair to say that whatever good they may have achieved, they are not a good substitute for robust fiscal policy.

That said, the Fed's balance sheet and the Treasury's budget are two different animals. As I said, there is no direct effect on the deficit. Further, virtually all of the infusion from bond buying (what you are calling "stimulus") has gone to excess reserves at the Fed. Since this infusion has not left the banking system and entered the real economy, I don't see how it has much effect beyond a psychological one. I find it ironic that those who rail against the deficit and QE see no message when the markets have a panic attack when the Fed hints that at sometime the Fed will start reducing QE. What are they afraid of, losing the 0.25% per annum on their excess reserves?

I fail to see a cost to QE. The excess reserves will be reeled in by reversing how they were pushed out. A couple of conservative think tanks have looked at the issue and generally come to the conclusion that there does not seem to be any major problem in doing so. The Fed will sell bonds and soak up reserves, reducing possible inflationary pressure. But in the current liquidity trap, I don't see much danger of rising interest rates.

The direct cost is inflation. Arbitrarily increasing the money supply dilutes every dollar currently in existence. At $4 Trillion and counting, that's a medium term 4% hit over time so it's negligible (this assumes a value of $100 Trillion total domestic assets). An indirect set of costs is that of propping up the stock market. When earnings take a back seat while liquidity rules, we are already paying that cost in missing capital appreciation for innovative enterprises. We will pay the brunt of the cost when a robust economy causes sinking equity values due to discontinuing QE. At that point the $4 Trillion out of the total market cap of $18 Trillion will be much more significant, possibly 20% depending on the previous integration of this expansion through inflation.

I don't necessarily disagree with this approach, but there are costs involved with expanding the money supply to prop up equities.

First, I am pretty skeptical of using QE to inflate financial markets. It smells like a bubble to me, and that is a real danger.

But right now the infusion is sitting in the $2 trillion of excess reserves at the Fed, so there is no inflationary effect. The monetary base has expanded, but not the money supply ( at least not proportionately). We are not even reaching the Fed's too modest target for inflation. Severe inflation has been just around the corner (at least according to Feldman) for five years now. In predictions there has to be a difference between late and never.

While the level of the public debt has been increasing, the burden of the debt, measured by payments of interest on the debt, is actually going DOWN. In addition to "Operation Twist" as we refinance debt the average interest rate drops.

I don't think QE is having any adverse effect on capital formation. Interest rates are low and banks have plenty of reserves to lend out. The fact that they are not lending is attributable to a lot of things, none of which have to do with monetary policy.
Perhaps if you have the time, you would do the rational portion of this board a favor by opening a thread to discuss why banks are not lending?

Forum List

Back