Thank you FDR

No. I have done it many times on this board. If you don't know the truth about FDR, then you need to get informed.

Some people just don't want to accept the truth. They prefer lies.
It is important you get your truths to the next group of noted historians that rate the presidents before they rate again. If they rate FDR as a great president, as they have since 1948, we know you didn't follow through.
Wish I could see the expressions on those historian's faces when they read your truths.

Same old logical fallacy over and over and over and....
And who decides a logical fallacy?

Classical Logic (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Let me know when you need help understanding this.
Some people can't think for themselves, so they let others do it for them.

His argument is classic appeal to authority.
So to prove "appeal to authority" is wrong, an appeal to authority, the encyclopedia, is used for proof.

So to prove "appeal to authority" is wrong, an appeal to authority, the encyclopedia, is used for proof.
That's called a citation, there fella. Points of fact aren't arguments--fallacious or otherwise.
OK evidence. When the knit picking starts, the misspelled words, the punctuation, the name calling, or a change of subject becomes the mode it's pretty much over.

That's called a citation, there fella. Points of fact aren't arguments--fallacious or otherwise.
OK evidence. When the knit picking starts, the misspelled words, the punctuation, the name calling, or a change of subject becomes the mode it's pretty much over.
Dispute these FACTS:

1. FDR imprisoned Japanese Americans without trial. Many lost their livelihoods and property. He did not imprison German or Japanese Americans. So, he is not only a lawless POTUS, but a racist.
2. FDR tried to pack the SC so that he could do whatever he wanted. That makes him a tyrant.
3. His unconditional surrender requirement of Germany and Japan lead to thousands of unnecessary deaths. That makes him a murderous fool.
4. FDR was warned several times of commie spies within his administration. He did nothing. That makes him a dumb ass fool.
5. He ignored Washington's rule of no more than two terms for the POTUS. Running for a third and fourth term, even though he was terribly unhealthy. That makes him an egotistical fool.
6. He did all he could to get Japan to strike first by refusing to negotiate with them and imposing sanctions on them. He knew they were going to strike, because we had broken their code prior to Pearl Harbor. He did not warn the commanders and then scapegoated them. That makes him a traitor.
7. His absurd economic programs of scarcity lead to the destruction of livestock and crops, all while many Americans were starving during the Great Depression. Fool again.

Do you find these actions by a POTUS, admirable?

Now try to use your OWN brain to answer that question, and not those of statist historians.

Dispute these FACTS:

1. FDR imprisoned Japanese Americans without trial. Many lost their livelihoods and property. He did not imprison German or Japanese Americans. So, he is not only a lawless POTUS, but a racist.
2. FDR tried to pack the SC so that he could do whatever he wanted. That makes him a tyrant.
3. His unconditional surrender requirement of Germany and Japan lead to thousands of unnecessary deaths. That makes him a murderous fool.
4. FDR was warned several times of commie spies within his administration. He did nothing. That makes him a dumb ass fool.
5. He ignored Washington's rule of no more than two terms for the POTUS. Running for a third and fourth term, even though he was terribly unhealthy. That makes him an egotistical fool.
6. He did all he could to get Japan to strike first by refusing to negotiate with them and imposing sanctions on them. He knew they were going to strike, because we had broken their code prior to Pearl Harbor. He did not warn the commanders and then scapegoated them. That makes him a traitor.
7. His absurd economic programs of scarcity lead to the destruction of livestock and crops, all while many Americans were starving during the Great Depression. Fool again.

Now try to use your OWN brain to answer that question, and not those of statist historians.
After careful reading of your charges I find the historians agree with me, America's greatest president. I wonder if the historians know of those charges, so as I have asked others, please get that information to the historians as quick as possible, rating season is coming up, and last time FDR was rated number one. To help your case I would suggest you ask Congress to investigate the Pearl Harbor attack first. Wonder why they never investigated?

Dispute these FACTS:

After careful reading of your charges I find the historians agree with me, America's greatest president. I wonder if the historians know of those charges, so as I have asked others, please get that information to the historians as quick as possible, rating season is coming up, and last time FDR was rated number one. To help your case I would suggest you ask Congress to investigate the Pearl Harbor attack first. Wonder why they never investigated?

Same logical fallacy over and over and over and over...

Since this is not working for you, why not try thinking for yourself? Might be a nice change of pace.

Dispute these FACTS:

Since this is not working for you, why not try thinking for yourself? Might be a nice change of pace.
I just have this feeling that 238 of America's most noted historians might know more history than even I do. In addition, the most noted historians since 1948 which by this time must number in the thousands continue to agree with me. Of course, I have a choice, believe those thousands of America's best historians or some posters on the message boards that claim they think for themselves which seems to mean they create their own historical facts that oddly seem like opinion.

Dispute these FACTS:

I just have this feeling.....

Save your feelings. Try thinking for a change.

Dispute these FACTS:

If you
Dispute these FACTS:

Dispute these FACTS:

Stop pouting. You got burned, accept it.

Dispute these FACTS:

They did investigate, but as is typical of statists, they ignored the damning facts just like you do.

I bet you think Oswald killed Kennedy....cause the state told you so.

Dispute these FACTS:

Are suggesting we simply use our own brain or opinions to create history, and after creating our own history we then create the reasons for the actions of the people involved, and then go a step further and label the actions as treason or other. Is this what historians do?

Dispute these FACTS:

Are suggesting we simply use our own brain or opinions to create history, and after creating our own history we then create the reasons for the actions of the people involved, and then go a step further and label the actions as treason or other. Is this what historians do?
The facts are posted above. Can you make conclusions from them or continue to appeal to authority for your opinion?

Dispute these FACTS:

The facts are posted above. Can you make conclusions from them or continue to appeal to authority for your opinion?
Those are not facts. They are distortions and opinions based on speculation and/or conspiracy theories. You are taking an ounce of truth and adding 15 ounces of agenda driven drivel to create a pound of bullshit.

Dispute these FACTS:

Those are not facts. They are distortions and opinions based on speculation and/or conspiracy theories. You are taking an ounce of truth and adding 15 ounces of agenda driven drivel to create a pound of bullshit.
most absurd...and you have proven you know nothing about FDR.

You think he did not try to pack the SC....did not imprison Japanese Americans...did not instigate war with Japan....did not know of the attack beforehand...did not have commie spies in his administration....did not impose ridiculous economic policies that harmed the economy...

You are utterly uninformed.

Dispute these FACTS:

You think he did not try to pack the SC....did not imprison Japanese Americans...did not instigate war with Japan....did not know of the attack beforehand...did not have commie spies in his administration....did not impose ridiculous economic policies that harmed the economy...

Those are what I said they were. They are distortions presented in a biased fashion to portray your agenda. I conceded there was some basis of truth to your list of distortions, but you are unable to give academic and intellectual or even rational explanations of you charges. It has been tried over and over on this site and it always ends up the same. Your list is opinion based and/or agenda driven and/or unproved speculative theories and/or distortions.

Did FDR try to pack the SC. Depends on how you look at it and how deep you look. He used packing the court and the threat of promoting an amendment to force the justices into retirement at age 70. Those threats led to the SCOTUS falling in line behind his policies and ruling in his favor more often instead of constantly challenging his executive authority and encroaching on executive authority to set policy.

He did imprison Japanese during the war. But he did it with the full advice and support of the west coast military commanders and support from the American people. It was a mistake, but it was a mistake shared by the whole nation. He gets the blame because he signed the EO and was the guy in charge. A blemish on his record.

Did he instigate the war with Japan? No, Japan had invaded China and was expanding to encompass and conquer vast territories. The western nations, including the US wanted clean hands and no part in the war that was creating atrocities and setting the Pacific region on fire. They refused to sell oil to Japan. The US refused to sell oil to a country that was invading other countries. FDR happened to think the US had the right to sell or not sell product to whatever country they decided to sell or not sell to. Kind of similar to telling Germany the US could ship products to any country in Europe that we wanted to. FDR refused to allow the US to be extorted or threatened. Standing up your countries sovereign rights is not instigating a war. It is standing up for your countries sovereign rights.

Commie spies? Ya, it happens. Especially during WWII. We find spies during all administrations. It was WWII. FDR led the nation to victory and you are worried about some spies. He won the war and got unconditional surrenders from everyone he defeated. Well, Japan got to keep it's Emperor God, but that kind of falls on Truman and maybe MacArthur.
Imposing ridiculous economic policies that harmed the economy? Pure bullshit. We are still traveling on the bridges and though the tunnels and going to the post offices and schools FDR built to relieve unemployment and give people jobs during what was a global depression. FDR took a four year long depression begun during the previous administration in 1929 and stabilized the downfall while he began a process of building an economy that rescued Americans and was more than just welfare and handouts. He had people in need of relief and assistance work to build infrastructure that we are still using over 80 years later. Using it to this very day. He did it by handing out long term loans to the individual states, all of which were paid back in full. No other President has that kind of legacy.

What else you got?

I have it on good authority that FDR didn't eat his veggies.

The Republicans certainly have their work cut out for them trying to make one of America's greatest presidents into a failure. Few liberals try to make Lincoln a failure, but it seems some conservatives would put FDR and Lincoln in the same fail position.
FDR was number one in the hearts of the people of his period; they elected him four times in a row, and that, thanks to Republicans, will be a record for some time.
I am not a con, but I know Stalin's Stooge and Dishonest Abe were our worst presidents. How could you not know this?

Care to elaborate on these accusations?
No. I have done it many times on this board. If you don't know the truth about FDR, then you need to get informed.

Some people just don't want to accept the truth. They prefer lies.

Best prez, worst prez, pretty subjective and mostly opinions. Now to be more specific..... Reagan administrations Iran Contra - breaking the law. Reagan administrations many felonies, the most of any administration. Dick Nixon and Watergate.. Real crimes. You have nothing, just name calling like a typical loon.

Dispute these FACTS:

You're pretty well uninformed yourself to say that FDR's policies harmed the economy.

Dispute these FACTS:

You're pretty well uninformed yourself to say that FDR's policies harmed the economy.
Gipper and those who say things like him never explain what they mean. They just quote some random numbers such as the Lebergott unemployment figures. When you mention Darby's method of calculating the unemployment figure they shut down. Don't know what they would do if you brought up the competing Kendrick method. Hell, Kendrick's numbers have the unemployment figures ending the depression almost before before WWII.

Forum List

Back