Texas spends more than $12 million to bus migrants to Washington, DC, and New York...great value for taxpayers?

The Anonymous one.

" the NCO, who requested anonymity because he feared retaliation from Guard leaders, said in a text to Army Times and The Texas Tribune. His employees all quit"

Ah, gotcha'. Still on my first cup.

Personally, I always view "anonymous" with skepticism...

Let alone the moron wasted millions on the Texas National Guard, defending his state, that couldn't do ANYTHING.

Faced with a humanitarian crisis along the Rio Grande, pressured by conservative rivals and chided by right-wing cable pundits, Gov. Greg Abbott decided last fall to move thousands of troops to the border as quickly as possible. And the Texas Military Department, which oversees the state’s National and State Guard branches, did all it could to comply — with haste.

Never before has Texas — or any other state — involuntarily activated so many troops under state active duty authority for such a long-term mission. Nor has it been done so quickly.

A few days after being told he’d likely sit the deployment out, the NCO was ordered to report within 72 hours, he said. If he didn’t, his commanders told him, the state would issue an arrest warrant.

“I had to cancel $60,000 worth of business contracts,” the NCO, who requested anonymity because he feared retaliation from Guard leaders, said in a text to Army Times and The Texas Tribune. His employees all quit.

After “three weeks of sitting on my ass with zero task or purpose,” he was sent home.

“Instead of solving [pay, lack of equipment, and family or employer hardships], more energy was spent on hiding or covering up problems rather than fixing them,” Featherston argued. “Families [have been] impacted forever.”

Just another RWNJ stunt.
That RWNJ stunt exposed what we knew all along that if these bragging “sanctuary” cities were overloaded with illegals like Texas was, they too would resist.

I wonder what it has cost Texans just to feed care for and house these folks in Texas.... its a bargain to pay to ship them east if for nothing else but to see the looks on the sanctuary city leaders faces....

Ah, gotcha'. Still on my first cup.

Personally, I always view "anonymous" with skepticism...
Of course, discounted from....................the Military Times.
Not surprising from a Trumptard.

"EVERYONE is LYING", except the orange grifter and his cult.

CNN is trying to get Texans all upset about how their tax dollars are being spent yet the majority of Texans don’t want the economic burden of being overloaded with illegals. What is being exposed is that neither do NYC or DC after they bragged about being Sanctuary cities.

I love how utterly ignorant you right wingers truly are. The northern cities aren't upset about the illegals being sent to the cities because they don't want them, they're upset because they don't have the infrastructure or resources to deal with all of these people. They don't have refugee intake services, or housing banks set up, and they don't have the refugee courts to deal with them either.

Trump dismantled all of the refugee services at the Southern Border and simply locked up anyone crossing the border, legally or otherwise. The reason Biden hasn't reopened the border is because he has few resources at the border to deal with refugees.

Greg Abbott and Ron DeSantis are making up bullshit about illegals to gin up outrage among the stupid and the gullible. Your food prices are going up because you have no one to plant or harvest. YOU NEED IMMIGRANTS.

Of course, discounted from....................the Military Times.
Not surprising from a Trumptard.

"EVERYONE is LYING", except the orange grifter and his cult.

What?

What a stupid thing for you to say.

I view anonymous comments from the right with equal skepticism as those from the left...

That RWNJ stunt exposed what we knew all along that if these bragging “sanctuary” cities were overloaded with illegals like Texas was, they too would resist.
So, why didn't Abbott stop it?
Why didn't Abbott bus them to Mexico?

Millions of tax payer $$$ wasted on politics, it's the Trumptard way.
Then whine about the deficit.

How many elderly people have died in Texas due to the heat, this year???? What is Abbott doing about the electrical grid in Texas?

I see the Uvalde Families demonstrating outside Abbott's house because he's done NOTHING about mass shootings in Texas.

How much money did he spend sending the Texas National Guard to the border? Another expensive boondoggle that cost the taxpayers millions.

Abbott seems to spend a lot of time and Texans' money on "performative politics" and precious little on making life in Texas better. My American friends in Texas say its a real hell-hole.
Weak deflection attempt noted and ignored.

As long as people aren’t forced to these locations I have no issues with this. Taxpayers can elect other leaders if they don’t like the expense.

I wouldn’t want to live in the shithole state of Texas if I came from El Salvador. It’s barely an upgrade.
Apparently, those who decide to immigrate (you know, the ones with actual first-hand experience in El Salvador) rather vehemently disagree with you.

Abbott is limited in what he can do. The border is the federal government's concern and area of authority. To do what you whine that he should have done would have been illegal.

I wonder what it has cost Texans just to feed care for and house these folks in Texas.... its a bargain to pay to ship them east if for nothing else but to see the looks on the sanctuary city leaders faces....

It cost Texans nothing because immigration is a federal matter. But Trump dismantled the federal system, which is why Biden hasn't reopened the border.

Maybe Greg Abbott should try working with the feds to rebuild the system instead of performing political theatre to boost his re-election hopes on the taxpayers' dime.

I love how utterly ignorant you right wingers truly are. The northern cities aren't upset about the illegals being sent to the cities because they don't want them, they're upset because they don't have the infrastructure or resources to deal with all of these people. They don't have refugee intake services, or housing banks set up, and they don't have the refugee courts to deal with them either.

Trump dismantled all of the refugee services at the Southern Border and simply locked up anyone crossing the border, legally or otherwise. The reason Biden hasn't reopened the border is because he has few resources at the border to deal with refugees.

Greg Abbott and Ron DeSantis are making up bullshit about illegals to gin up outrage among the stupid and the gullible. Your food prices are going up because you have no one to plant or harvest. YOU NEED IMMIGRANTS.
Had an obligation to make up a few random things that sound like they might be plausible in an alternative universe this morning?

It cost Texans nothing because immigration is a federal matter. But Trump dismantled the federal system, which is why Biden hasn't reopened the border.

Maybe Greg Abbott should try working with the feds to rebuild the system instead of performing political theatre to boost his re-election hopes on the taxpayers' dime.
And here I thought we'd been told that illegal immigrants were needed. Didn't you just say that? Now you're saying we can't handle so many of them. Heck, time for the northern states to pay their fair share and take these illegal immigrants in.

What makes you think Southern Border states like Texas has or wants the infrastructure? If northern states and cities who purport to be Sanctuary cities and want to handle the overload influx of immigrants choosing to bypass US immigration laws, then those cities can build the infrastructure themselves.

You keep glossing over the fact that Sanctuary cities are rebuffing immigration overload just like Texas is doing. To use a term from your post, they are “whining” about it.

Abbott is limited in what he can do.
NO, they aren't.

February 8 2022
Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich claims in a new legal opinion that Republican Gov. Doug Ducey can declare the Grand Canyon State to be under “invasion” in order to begin deporting suspected illegal immigrants — but Ducey appears reluctant to do so.

Republican Arizona state Rep. Jake Hoffman requested the opinion, which was published Monday night, after former Trump administration officials Ken Cuccinelli and Russ Vought proposed last year that border states like Arizona dust off an obscure provision in the Constitution to address the border crisis.

Cuccinelli told The Post that “this obviously turns attention now not just to Gov. Ducey in Arizona — though that’s the logical first place — but over to Texas and people asking, ‘Well, why don’t you do this?'”

High-profile former Trump administration officials are urging border states such as Texas to declare that they’re under “invasion” by illegal immigration and use state law enforcement to return to Mexico people suspected of illegally entering the US.

The provocative policy idea is outlined by Ken Cuccinelli, a former acting deputy director of the Department of Homeland Security, in a paper published by the Center for Renewing America, which is led by former White House budget director Russ Vought.

Cuccinelli and Vought said in a statement that Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott should adopt the policy.

The border is the federal government's concern and area of authority.
Of course, typical..........blame others.
To do what you whine that he should have done would have been illegal.
That's Trumptards job, waste $$$, then whine about it.

Forum List

Back