Texas Led the Country in New Renewable Energy Projects Last Year!

We are getting to be fucked by this silly ass Green technology just like the Europeans are being fucked right now. It is terrible technology that will never come anywhere close to supplying any significant power needs to a developed country like the US,

Response II (the first was you were just Wrong. Europe got ******because their Gas/Fossil Fuel was cut Off by RUSSIA)

"...During a brutal Texas cold snap last winter, Gov. Greg Abbott Wrongly blamed wind and solar power for the state’s massive grid failure, which was vastly larger than California’s. In fact, renewables outperformed the grid operator’s forecast during 90% of the blackout, and in the rest, fell short by at most one-fifteenth as much as gas plants. Instead, other causes — such as inadequately weatherized power plants and Natural Gas Shutting Down because of frozen equipment — led to most of the state’s electricity shortages...."

Last edited:
You are Completely OFF TOPC. Now Twice.
If you wish to start a China/"Chicom"-Biden thread, do it where appropropriate and I will respond.
You Lost the Climate debate and were unable to back a single thing you wrongly said/alleged/burped.
`

That topic is very relevant.

How come Potatohead is fucking this country with the Green New Deal? Running up the debt to pay for worthless shit?

It is clear his Chicom buddies that made him filthy rich wants him to destroy America's economy just like Europe is being destroyed with their stupid Green initiatives. The Chinese sure as hell aren't doing it. They are building fossil fuel power stations.

Potatohead is a disaster for this country and the Chinese are pleased as punch. Remember how they cheered when the election was stolen from Trump? Their investment in the Biden Crime Syndicate paid off.

That topic is very relevant.

How come Potatohead is fucking this country with the Green New Deal? Running up the debt to pay for worthless shit?

It is clear his Chicom buddies that made him filthy rich wants him to destroy America's economy just like Europe is being destroyed with their stupid Green initiatives. The Chinese sure as hell aren't doing it. They are building fossil fuel power stations.

Potatohead is a disaster for this country and the Chinese are pleased as punch. Remember how they cheered when the election was stolen from Trump? Their investment in the Biden Crime Syndicate paid off.
You're mostly OFF Topic, and I have remarked in this thread and others that PRIVATE INDUSTRY Is going Gung Ho for Renewables.
From 2/3 of new generation in 2016, to 85% last year, WITHOUT LEGISLATION/GND because renewables are now Cheaper.
Solar costs are down 90% in the last decade.

You're a partisan JERK and ergo (along with low IQ) a Topical wasteland.
You post NO Backing for your CLOWN assertions.

Here are a few of many from me.

`
`

Last edited:
That's Right. King Oil going cleaner and Cheaper... BIG!
CNBC - Feb 18, 2022

KEY POINTS
  • Texas led the country in new renewable energy projects last year, according to a report released this week by the American Clean Power Association.
  • Texas installed 7,352 megawatts of new wind, solar and energy installation projects last year, significantly outpacing California, which installed 2,697 megawatts of storage projects.
  • Republicans for decades have overseen the the energy sector in Texas, which still ranks 10th in the country for fossil fuel consumption, as nearly 90% of its energy is derived from fossil fuels.

....Texas also surpassed other states in the amount of Storage it has under construction or in advanced development, reaching nearly 20,000 megawatts, followed by California at nearly 14,000 megawatts.

Texas is experiencing a rise in renewable energy deployment Not necessarily due to concerns over human-caused climate change, but rather because of the Low Costs of renewable energy sources like solar and wind development......

`
Retard we do not have enough electricity NOW for our needs without converting every vehicle to electric when we do that, we will be VERY VERY short on power, and renewables can't make up the difference.

What a crock of lying shit.......

Flat out WRONG.........

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Windmills---extremely expensive to operate- Requires an A AND P license to repair. Breaks down in cold weather--fluids freeze.....many are just dismantled just because of the cost and waste of time.

EV CARs---oh my gawd the stupidity. Put all the demand on electric--talk about rolling black outs and let us not forget their damn environmentally unfriendly batteries.
Wind is probably going faster than Solar.
The Plains states are going Nuts.
45% of Oklahoma's Power and even higher further North
I believe IOWA is 56%.
Farmers Love em too.
getting 5,000-15,000 per Turbine/
May become the USA's biggest Cash Crop!!

`

Wind is probably going faster than Solar.
The Plains states are going Nuts.
45% of Oklahoma's Power and even higher further North
I believe IOWA is 56%.
Farmers Love em too.
getting 5,000-15,000 per Turbine/
May become the USA's biggest Cash Crop!!

`
Thought they were free?

CNBC - Feb 18, 2022

KEY POINTS
  • Texas led the country in new renewable energy projects last year, according to a report released this week by the American Clean Power Association.
  • Texas installed 7,352 megawatts of new wind, solar and energy installation projects last year, significantly outpacing California, which installed 2,697 megawatts of storage projects.
  • Republicans for decades have overseen the the energy sector in Texas, which still ranks 10th in the country for fossil fuel consumption, as nearly 90% of its energy is derived from fossil fuels.

....Texas also surpassed other states in the amount of Storage it has under construction or in advanced development, reaching nearly 20,000 megawatts, followed by California at nearly 14,000 megawatts.

Texas is experiencing a rise in renewable energy deployment Not necessarily due to concerns over human-caused climate change, but rather because of the Low Costs of renewable energy sources like solar and wind development......

`
I am usually supportive of stewardship of the earth, and I'm proud when any American tries to save the earth and make people comfortable, too. But the reason I can't go with some of the "save the earth" ideas is because I love birds, the study of birds, their beauty and diversity, and their contribution to fertilizing wild areas, prairies, forests, and roadsides that have green grass and flowers due to birds, some of which even pollinate and increase wildflower survival.

It came to my attention years ago that energy derived from windmills nearly decimated several species of raptors, and stories of how cleanup crews found birds under windmills due to curiosity and death when they flew too close or landed in a place where they got sliced to death, both causing their bodies to fall below windmills upon their deaths. With solar panels showing up too frequently, birds again are under the gun for being either confused by their glare or electrocution or burning up on landing in or around the area of solar panels. :(

If we're going to "save the earth" by killing birds, we will see desolate areas instead of flower-lined roads. The gross death of birds across a nation that sends confusing signals out to migratory birds is particularly heart-rending for me, because birds are frequently better guardians of the wild lands than we human beings are. As I understand it, there is a verse in the Old Testament that we humans be good stewards of God's beautiful gift of the earth as he created it. Even if not religious, I would consider it most banal to invent schemas that looked good but removed wildflowers from fields, killed off grasslands and threatened the extinction of species who bless places humans don't go to very often with beautiful flowers, erosion-defying plants that keep lands beautiful with saving plants that may someday be found to cure currently incurable human ills and protect the earth from eroding. The presence of birds is far beyond what we know, but we continually find birds make nature diverse and avoid beautiful land from having topsoil winding up in a stream on a rainy day due to erosion caused by plants that die from the roots up that kept the earth in place when they were plentiful. They're not plentiful without fertilizer and pollination of birds and flying insects who assist pollinating flowers that seed the earth with plants of all sizes, green color, flowers, and fall emblazonment. the joys of spring and fall sights and aromas.

It came to my attention years ago that energy derived from windmills nearly decimated several species of raptors, and stories of how cleanup crews found birds under windmills due to curiosity and death when they flew too close or landed in a place where they got sliced to death, both causing their bodies to fall below windmills upon their deaths. With solar panels showing up too frequently, birds again are under the gun for being either confused by their glare or electrocution or burning up on landing in or around the area of solar panels. :(

I agree with the sentiment, entirely, but arriving at your conclusions seems to have involved some faulty information.

Bird_mortality_chart.jpg

15195.jpeg

Infographic: Wind Turbines Are Not Killing Fields for Birds

The number of birds killed by wind turbines is roughly one ten-thousandth that killed by domestic cats, one twenty-five-hundredth that killed by windows and buildings. If you want to protect birds, wind turbines are not where you want to spend your time and capital.

I agree with the sentiment, entirely, but arriving at your conclusions seems to have involved some faulty information.

Bird_mortality_chart.jpg

15195.jpeg

Infographic: Wind Turbines Are Not Killing Fields for Birds

The number of birds killed by wind turbines is roughly one ten-thousandth that killed by domestic cats, one twenty-five-hundredth that killed by windows and buildings. If you want to protect birds, wind turbines are not where you want to spend your time and capital.
Well, if someone took up the drums in the band, they could remind people to place shades or even lace curtains in the windows to warn birds not to land in the living room, bedroom, kitchen, or anywhere else birds would bang on the windows as the last thing they ever did. I have every window in my house shaded one way or another. I just have to remind my dufus pals and caregivers to not leave them down when they leave the house. People just don't know that windows are dangerous, while ornithologist wannabes simply know to put curtains, metal and pull down shades in every windows, and we forget to educate others. If builders would add shades to their buildings as soon as they go up, it would save a lot of avians. it will get somewhat worse with inflation erasing options normal people have had. :( But thanks for the list.

My source on wind turbines shows as follows: "an estimated 554,000 birds of all species were killed by turbines in 2019." https://esajournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/ecs2.3531

Before 2009, I lived in the State of Wyoming where there are amazing raptors throughout the state, especially near large lakes throughout the state and up Yellowstone way, starting at Dubois and throughout North/Western states:
Cornell's page on Ospreys (my favorite raptor when we lived in Wyoming for 35 years) gives a good idea where their migratory lands are as follows:
137797491-720px.jpg

Credits: Osprey Overview, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology
Ospreys are like no other bird in flight. They are the apex of grace in the air. You'd have to see them to appreciate them.
1680213286326.jpeg
1680213311826.jpeg
1680213337456.jpeg
images

In or around 2007-2009, I read a report on the travesty on Ospreys that were found beneath windmill farms from Wyoming to northern Texas panhandle. It
said that the Osprey specie was under a terrible threat when some ornithologists reviewed some of the Wind Turbine bird graveyards. It worried me and still does.
The article at Cornell Lab of Ornithology doesn't mention the Wind Turbines, but that article always followed me around because I loved the species for their grace and beauty so.

And because of Ospreys and other victims found on the prairie floor beneath Wind Turbines, I have not been fond of man-made "solutions" in Green solutions to get rid of fossil fuels, while heralding Wind Farms, even though most of them are regularly seen in less populated areas, most of them were built with no knowledge that migratory birds may frequent these "barren" areas between their winter and summer habitats. So I also have an attitude toward mindless green pushers who do not pay attention to the welfare of endangered species and chalk it off to the general nonimportance of things that they didn't think of first. It's funny how that works, but I'm neither laughing nor impressed.

Going Fishing:
osprey-hunt-dive-photos-chen-chengguang-1-5e0ef13a3bfe1__700.jpg

Osprey: The Glorious Pursuit of Unbridled Determination Hardcover – November 12, 2021​

by Mark Smith (Author)​

Last edited:
Well, if someone took up the drums in the band, they could remind people to place shades or even lace curtains in the windows to warn birds not to land in the living room, bedroom, kitchen, or anywhere else birds would bang on the windows as the last thing they ever did. I have every window in my house shaded one way or another. I just have to remind my dufus pals and caregivers to not leave them down when they leave the house. People just don't know that windows are dangerous, while ornithologist wannabes simply know to put curtains, metal and pull down shades in every windows, and we forget to educate others. If builders would add shades to their buildings as soon as they go up, it would save a lot of avians. it will get somewhat worse with inflation erasing options normal people have had. :( But thanks for the list.

My source on wind turbines shows as follows: "an estimated 554,000 birds of all species were killed by turbines in 2019." https://esajournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/ecs2.3531

Before 2009, I lived in the State of Wyoming where there are amazing raptors throughout the state, especially near large lakes throughout the state and up Yellowstone way, starting at Dubois and throughout North/Western states:
Cornell's page on Ospreys (my favorite raptor when we lived in Wyoming for 35 years) gives a good idea where their migratory lands are as follows:
137797491-720px.jpg

Credits: Osprey Overview, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology
Ospreys are like no other bird in flight. They are the apex of grace in the air. You'd have to see them to appreciate them.
View attachment 771121View attachment 771122View attachment 771123
images

In or around 2007-2009, I read a report on the travesty on Ospreys that were found beneath windmill farms from Wyoming to northern Texas panhandle. It
said that the Osprey specie was under a terrible threat when some ornithologists reviewed some of the Wind Turbine bird graveyards. It worried me and still does.
The article at Cornell Lab of Ornithology doesn't mention the Wind Turbines, but that article always followed me around because I loved the species for their grace and beauty so.

And because of Ospreys and other victims found on the prairie floor beneath Wind Turbines, I have not been fond of man-made "solutions" in Green solutions to get rid of fossil fuels, while heralding Wind Farms, even though most of them are regularly seen in less populated areas, most of them were built with no knowledge that migratory birds may frequent these "barren" areas between their winter and summer habitats. So I also have an attitude toward mindless green pushers who do not pay attention to the welfare of endangered species and chalk it off to the general nonimportance of things that they didn't think of first. It's funny how that works, but I'm neither laughing nor impressed.

Going Fishing:
osprey-hunt-dive-photos-chen-chengguang-1-5e0ef13a3bfe1__700.jpg

Osprey: The Glorious Pursuit of Unbridled Determination Hardcover – November 12, 2021​

by Mark Smith (Author)​
We have a great deal of osprey's in South Florida, where I live. I found, surprisingly, that despite them commonly being called "sea eagles" or "fish eagles" they are not in the eagle family. That feet first dive for fish is almost unique but looks like a deadly way to fish. After these guys we have Red-Tail and Cooper's hawks and a few other tropical exotics. Saw a Crested Caracara once. Just once.

Anyway, the birds that get killed from wind turbines are a tragedy, even if it is a tiny portion of the numbers that get killed via other means. More birds get killed by hunters. There's something we could work to reduce. If it's not possible to make folks realize that killing animals for fun is just a poor idea all around, I'll eat my hat.

I think a real good case could be made that the full results of fueling the planet with petroleum products and coal will do more harm to birds and the rest of the planet's biota than a million wind turbines. And there are a number of methods being tried out to cut down on those numbers: Bird tracking radar that would shut turbines down when flocks approach. Paying more attention to migratory paths when siting wind farms. A variety of flashing lights, whistles and sirens to warn birds away. There are actually a lot of smart people trying to figure out how to avoid killing birds. It might take a while, but I have confidence that they'll get there.

There was one other thing I noticed in your earlier post (and, btw, you write really well). Solar farms that put up thousands of mirrors to focus the sun on a heat exchanger, did not perform well. No one is building them anymore. Solar PV (photovoltaic) have become much cheaper and more efficient and so have taken over virtually all solar energy development. Solar PV panels are black as night and usually lain back at a low angle. They do not present a large collision threat to birds and such systems will not burn birds even under the brightest sun. And very, very few birds get electrocuted by power facilities or high tension wires. To get shocked you have to touch two wires that are typically kept several feet apart and well off the ground.

There is a bird we get here from about now to late June. The Swallow-Tailed Kite. Incredibly beautiful bird and beautiful flyer. They almost never touch down any where besides their nests. In Medieval times it was a common belief that swifts had no feet. The Kites feed in low passes at high speed across field, meadows and ponds. But they're difficult to fnd until they swoop right over your head while you have no camera on you. The one on the left is a phone pic of one floating over me and my dog as we walked. The close up is from the local rehab shelter. Fellow has a broken wing and can't leave.

1680222285504.jpeg
1680222333653.jpeg

Shut up, fake Arab! I have you on ignore now. I suggest you do the same for me. It will sooth your butthurt!

1. You're Lying.
2. Nah, I'll continue destroying your Stupid posts on every topic. I post a lot of Topical meat. You, a RW Joke who just posts one-liners. Never even posted a paragraph.
3. You are welcome to Dishonorably Discharge yourself AGAIN.
4. Because you are WAY too stupid - almost a decade worth - you never Googled 'abu afak.'
`

Last edited:
CNBC - Feb 18, 2022

KEY POINTS

"Texas is experiencing a rise in renewable energy deployment Not necessarily due to concerns over human-caused climate change, but rather because of the Low Costs of Renewable energy sources like Solar and Wind development......"

`
BackAgain elektra

`

It's Windy across across much of the Plains/mountain states.
It's windy in alot of places onshore and offshore.
And it's Very Sunny across most of the Southwest and Southeast.

IOWA is now 63% renewable, almost all Wind.
S Dakota 55%
Oklahoma 45%
`
And all unreliable

Yes, about half your posts are Almost a word, or almost a sentence you Illiterate POS ConspiracYst.
You have NO info related to this section.. or any section.
You're simply a noxious RW Troll.
`
Better than your novels of nothing

Forum List

Back