Texas Judge Almost Blocked From Voting Because Of New Voter ID Law

Many married women do not update their IDs after taking their spouse’s surnames, as the process is arduous and costly.

I really LOVE this LIE.

costly :lol: 25$ it costs in my state.
and all it takes is a trip to the DMV

the dimocraps lies never stop.
and if one needt the new ID so they can apply for foodstamps they won't consider it "arduous and costly" just quickly go and do it

More hoops....

Just $25....

Just a trip to the DMV...Actually Repubs now love the DMV for its efficiency *wink wink*

Just have to bring Papers too

Jump jump jump

What about when the Mother goes to enroll her kid in School or an after school program where an ID is required (assuming she's not a dimocrap that's already murdered her kid in her disgusting womb)....?

What about insurance papers? What about when the fat pig bitch slut goes to the E-Room with Insurance papers that show John Smith and Family as the Insured and she has an ID that shows Suzy Creamcheese?

What about when she's driving her husband's car and gets pulled over by the Cops?

The registration and Insurance papers say "John Smith" and her DL says "Stupid Bitch"?

You're an ignorant douche, CC.

Besides that, I'm going to tell you like it is...

Hundreds of thousands of good men and women died horribly to preserve the PRIVILEGE of voting for Americans.

MILLIONS more were disfigured, lost limbs, were crippled, were burned beyond recognition, had holes shot through them and suffer, to this day, from Traumatic Stress and....

You're too lazy to get off your fat fucking ass to get your ID straight so you can vote?

Know what? Fuck you. You don't deserve to vote.

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Get back to us when it actually blocks someone from voting.

After they're blocked? Seems too perfect don't you think

No one is being blocked. the worst than happens is you cast a provisional ballot while they check out if you are who you say you are.

So no vote is denied if it is valid.

He said he'll only worry about AFTER someone is blocked. Keep up

Texas Judge Almost Blocked From Voting Because Of New Voter ID Law | ThinkProgress

A Texas district judge who has been voting for the past five decades was almost barred from the polls Tuesday, thanks to the state’s newly implemented, stricter voter ID law. The law kicked in on Tuesday as early voting in Texas’ November 5 election began.

As she told local channel Kiii News, 117th District Court Judge Sandra Watts was flagged for possible voter fraud because her driver’s license lists her maiden name as her middle name, while her voter registration form has her real middle name. This was the first time she has ever had a problem voting in 49 years. “What I have used for voter registration and for identification for the last 52 years was not sufficient yesterday when I went to vote,” she said.

Watts worried that women who use maiden names or hyphenated names may be surprised at the polls. “I don’t think most women know that this is going to create a problem,” the judge said. “That their maiden name is on their driver’s license, which was mandated in 1964 when I got married, and this. And so why would I want to use a provisional ballot when I’ve been voting regular ballot for the last 49 years?”

Many married women do not update their IDs after taking their spouse’s surnames, as the process is arduous and costly. Women must present original documents verifying their name change, such as a marriage license, or pay $20 to obtain new copies. Under the new voter ID law, these women are potential voter fraud risks.

Watts is hardly the only woman who has encountered problems. ThinkProgress’ Scott Keyes interviewed 84-year-old Dorothy Card, who was denied a voter ID three times even though she has voted for more than 60 years and provided extensive proof of identity.

While Watts, as an experienced judge, is familiar with the intricacies of election law, the people most likely to be stopped at the polls will be less informed about their rights. Low-income voters, minorities, students and seniors disproportionately lack the required identification — a fact that prompted the Justice Department and several federal judges to block the law under now-defunct provisions in the Voting Rights Act. After public outcry, Texas officials said they would distribute a free voter ID to eligible recipients who applied for one. As of this week, however, just 41 people received free IDs, out of the 1.4 million Texas voters who lack the required documents.

Original Story here:
Voter ID Law May Cause Problems for Women Using Maiden Names - KiiiTV3.com South Texas, Corpus Christi, Coastal Bend

Republicans response: Stop bitching and jump through these new hoops we created.

Cant Jump? Too bad

Didn't know about the new hoops? Too Bad

You've been voting no problem? Too bad...jump

'Merica!

OMG I HAZ TO UPDATE MY IDEEEZ!!!

Just like when you move. so so tough.

I know right? Try going through the process of purchasing and registering a firearm, then let's have a discussion about constitutional rights. OMG! You'd think the left has a phobia of receiving a paper cut from having to fill out a form to update their information. How lazy do they want to project themselves with these excuses?

After they're blocked? Seems too perfect don't you think

No one is being blocked. the worst than happens is you cast a provisional ballot while they check out if you are who you say you are.

Your contention is that the person's only recourse would be after they are blocked from voting. However under the laws NO ONE is blocked from voting, but required to provide a provisional ballot until thier elegibility is determined.

So what you need to produce is someone who's provisional ballot was rejected, and rejected for a wrong reason.

Until then your claims of votes being blocked is invalid.

Your contention is that the person's only recourse would be after they are blocked from voting. However under the laws NO ONE is blocked from voting, but required to provide a provisional ballot until thier elegibility is determined.

So what you need to produce is someone who's provisional ballot was rejected, and rejected for a wrong reason.

As is their existence

I think she should be feeling pretty foolish about now.

this is all false "outrage" or the dimocrap scum lies.

she voted on a provisional ballot.

So her rights were not violated one iota?

Wow. I thought voter ID was the end of democracy as we know it.

/sarcasm.

At least it would be an easier fix to update and register for a photo ID than trying to purchase health care on a website. One mandatory government provision the left has no objection to forcing Americans to comply, but mention photo IDs and liberals will end up finding more excuses than the size of the new Health Care bill.

Last edited:

Is there a echo in here? I said only AFTER someone is blocked. Thanks for repeating it, I think

My parents gave me a middle name that is a family tradition. It is not my maiden name, which is also not my middle name. I have a driver's license that bears it out. I'm voting under my traditional name until the day I die, and a pox on anyone's house who doesn't let me vote because of it.

Americans have little incentive to vote nowadays, when strongarm tactics to favor whoever liberals pick to be the leader by voting 30 times apiece in some areas is done.

Why lose sleep when Congress plays dumb when it comes to controlling voter fraud?

Then just make sure your voter registration reflects the name you have on your ID.

Is there a echo in here? I said only AFTER someone is blocked. Thanks for repeating it, I think

Has anyone been "blocked?" And being made to fill out a provisional ballot is not being blocked.

Has anyone been "blocked?" And being made to fill out a provisional ballot is not being blocked.

Ok, I think you are stuck on repeat.

Many married women do not update their IDs after taking their spouse’s surnames, as the process is arduous and costly.

I really LOVE this LIE.

and if one needt the new ID so they can apply for foodstamps they won't consider it "arduous and costly" just quickly go and do it

More hoops....

Just $25....

Just a trip to the DMV...Actually Repubs now love the DMV for its efficiency *wink wink*

Jump jump jump

yes, jump. life is not fair and then we die, ya know

I really LOVE this LIE.

More hoops....

Just $25....

Jump jump jump

What about when the Mother goes to enroll her kid in School or an after school program where an ID is required (assuming she's not a dimocrap that's already murdered her kid in her disgusting womb)....?

What about insurance papers? What about when the fat pig bitch slut goes to the E-Room with Insurance papers that show John Smith and Family as the Insured and she has an ID that shows Suzy Creamcheese?

What about when she's driving her husband's car and gets pulled over by the Cops?

The registration and Insurance papers say "John Smith" and her DL says "Stupid Bitch"?

You're an ignorant douche, CC.

Besides that, I'm going to tell you like it is...

Hundreds of thousands of good men and women died horribly to preserve the PRIVILEGE of voting for Americans.

MILLIONS more were disfigured, lost limbs, were crippled, were burned beyond recognition, had holes shot through them and suffer, to this day, from Traumatic Stress and....

You're too lazy to get off your fat fucking ass to get your ID straight so you can vote?

Know what? Fuck you. You don't deserve to vote.

^ meltdown

Ok, I think you are stuck on repeat.

Answer the question. Is there evidence of a person being blocked from voting due to less than satisfactory ID?

No, whats your point? That we have to wait until it happens?...like I said 3 posts ago?

"IF" it happens. and happens in a systemic way. So far there is zero evidence that anyone who is eleigble to vote has been blocked from voting. at worst they had to fill out a provisional ballot, and the election entitiy had to verify thier ID.

I really LOVE this LIE.

More hoops....

Just $25....

Jump jump jump

yes, jump. life is not fair and then we die, ya know

Either I can predict the future or you're predictable

In other words, no one was stopped from voting because of the ID law.

So you're making a big deal about nothing.

I appreciate the poll workers verifying that I am me before I vote.

In other words, no one was stopped from voting because of the ID law.

So you're making a big deal about nothing.

I appreciate the poll workers verifying that I am me before I vote.

leftards LIE.

that's all they do.

Forum List

Back