Texas Gov. Rick Perry Indicted For Abuse Of Power

Believe it or not, the specifics of her offense is not relevant to Perry's abuse of his power since there's not some kind of sliding scale of acceptability to when a governor can or can't use the budget to force other public officials out of office. Keep in mind that Lehmberg was not a Perry political appointee nor was she a member of his administration. My understanding is that District Attorneys are elected by the counties in which they serve.

An equivalent on the national level would be if any President tried to use the budget to force an elected State official (like a State Attorney General) to resign. I'm sure that YOU would agree that would be an abuse of power for the President of the United States, who's the head of the Federal Gov't, to try to force the State Attorney General of Texas to resign. Or do you think that would be okay?

You didn't answer my question. Did you watch the videos of her?

Aside from the prosecution, this appears weak, at best. Excercising powers of an office oone is elected to fill........same with the 'impeachment' of Obama. Skating on thin ice.

More like plain old harassment. Thanks to Soros for fucking with TEXAS.:evil::evil::evil:

Actually breaking the law as he did isn't funny but that's business as usual for GOPers with no morals so you say, move along, nothing to see here.

A governor exercising his veto power is breaking the law? Democrats are going to look like the fools they are.
It's not the veto, it's the fact that he was blackmailing her with it.

Blackmailing her with what ? Everything was public knowledge.

Believe it or not, the specifics of her offense is not relevant to Perry's abuse of his power since there's not some kind of sliding scale of acceptability to when a governor can or can't use the budget to force other public officials out of office. Keep in mind that Lehmberg was not a Perry political appointee nor was she a member of his administration. My understanding is that District Attorneys are elected by the counties in which they serve.

An equivalent on the national level would be if any President tried to use the budget to force an elected State official (like a State Attorney General) to resign. I'm sure that YOU would agree that would be an abuse of power for the President of the United States, who's the head of the Federal Gov't, to try to force the State Attorney General of Texas to resign. Or do you think that would be okay?

You didn't answer my question. Did you watch the videos of her?

Nah.. They don't want to see old liberal fat girl slurring all over the place, falling when trying to doing the sobriety test, lying over and over, kicking and screaming, threatening to spit on police officers.. THE LIBERAL WHO RUNS THE INTEGRITY UNIT lmfao.. Rick Perry said NO, I WILL NOT FUND THE INTEGRITY UNIT of this DA who refused to resign.. so he vetoed the spending bill.. and they indict him in DEMOCRATLAND.. I am loving it because like so many Dems have said over the past 24 hrs, this is going to come back to haunt these idiots..

Yep, they're a lying pack of deranged cockroaches.

Last edited:
A governor exercising his veto power is breaking the law? Democrats are going to look like the fools they are.

Yep, and the Grand Jury noticed...

black·mail
noun \ˈblak-ˌmāl\

: the crime of threatening to tell secret information about someone unless the person being threatened gives you money or does what you want

: something (such as money) that is received through blackmail
Full Definition of BLACKMAIL
: a tribute anciently exacted on the Scottish border by plundering chiefs in exchange for immunity from pillage
a : extortion or coercion by threats especially of public exposure or criminal prosecution

Last edited:

black·mail
noun \ˈblak-ˌmāl\

: the crime of threatening to tell secret information about someone unless the person being threatened gives you money or does what you want

: a tribute anciently exacted on the Scottish border by plundering chiefs in exchange for immunity from pillage
a : extortion or coercion by threats especially of public exposure or criminal prosecution

you're a retard, your own link proves you don't know what blackmail is

I'm a consultant, to a lot of people who are almost as stupid as you are. It's big GOP territory here. The really moronic ones make me smile when I cash their checks. They pay to do what they can't understand.

Cool. I'm extremely wealthy, look like George Clooney, own four homes scattered throughout the world, have a fleet of luxury cars and a yacht, and my girlfriend is Miss Arkansas.
As expected. The truth is presented, and you reject it out of hand.

Dude, you wouldn't know the truth if it bit your foot off!

black·mail
noun \ˈblak-ˌmāl\

See the "especially" part, that's not required, but it's common so they mentioned it. Exposure or criminal prosecution are the usual threats, in this case it was withholding money...

Last edited:

black·mail
noun \ˈblak-ˌmāl\

See the "especially" part, that's not required, but it's common so they mentioned it. Exposure or criminal prosecution are the usual threats, in this case is was withholding money...

:lol::lol::lol:

lame------with holding money :lol::lol:

See the "especially" part, that's not required, but it's common so they mentioned it. Exposure or criminal prosecution are the usual threats, in this case is was withholding money...

:lol::lol::lol:

lame------with holding money :lol::lol:
Withholding is one word there big guy...

Says the Nazi who sports a racist sig line .. as if anyone cares about your obsession with correcting people's typos.. Get a new job Haji.

Rick Perry will win this HANDS DOWN with ease.. He has EVERY FUCKING right to not fund her office when she refused to step down.. EVERY RIGHT..

RICK PERRY DID THE RIGHT THING..

Liberals stand with the drunk bat demanding taxpayers close their eyes, let her stay in the top law enforcement job.. LIBERALS ARE USELESS and would overlook murder for one of their own.

The house should quit funding Obama too.

Common Sense says that once your DA has been arrested and in jail,someone has to do something about it.Lehmberg showed poor judgement and such disdain for Law enforcement she obviously should have resigned but that would have been respectful and dignified.

Here's an interesting question: why was she not DISBARRED for this? (Which would make her resignation a moot point.)

Forum List

Back