Texas boy, 12, hangs himself after battling depression amid COVID-19

Suicide among adolescents is an extremely complicated issue that has been studied for decades. Treating this tragedy in such a simplified way by blaming it on Covid is disrespectful and dishonest.

It’s complicated at any age, however after a decrease in suicides from 2018 and 2019, health professionals predict there will be an increase for not only suicides but other mental issues caused by the Covid-19 in 2020. The worst thing for depression is isolation, Covid-19 has spawned a drastic changes in our live. The fear that has stirred up, the masks, social distancing, these are major changes in our lives. This is added stress, stress can manifest itself in many ways. His parents seemed to believe that Covid-19 play a significant role in their sons suicide.

Not saying that isn’t a possibility, but the precautions taking related to Covid has also saved many lives.

The boy committed suicide at the early beginning of the pandemic?? He must have had prior health problems

Somehow this comment got glossed over and even drew a thumbs down. But it's a legitimate question. The lockdowns started in March 2020. Yet, this boy killed himself in April 2020? Read the article. There's a bit about how he broke a monitor and was anxious about it. Sounds like there were other issues.

The boy committed suicide at the early beginning of the pandemic?? He must have had prior health problems

Somehow this comment got glossed over and even drew a thumbs down. But it's a legitimate question. The lockdowns started in March 2020. Yet, this boy killed himself in April 2020? Read the article. There's a bit about how he broke a monitor and was anxious about it. Sounds like there were other issues.
Yes he was a head case way before

This is happening all over the nation due to this draconian lockdown
Thousands of kids have committed suicide and many adults are drug out of their minds
And ALL of it because of a government that wants more control. They've starved millions to death during this pandemic and more are dying daily as a result of their power-lust. They are feckin' EVIL.

And ALL of it because of a government that wants more control. They've starved millions to death during this pandemic and more are dying daily as a result of their power-lust. They are feckin' EVIL.
Which government was it, starved a million people to death?

Suicide among adolescents is an extremely complicated issue that has been studied for decades. Treating this tragedy in such a simplified way by blaming it on Covid is disrespectful and dishonest.
I lost a son to suicide

You have no idea how bad depression can be with young adults

We have to do better than this

Hayden Hunstable, of Aledo, took his own life three days before his 13th birthday in April 2020 because he didn’t know how to deal with the isolation and depression when the emerging disease caused a nationwide shutdown, the UK’s Metro reported.

The boy’s 9-year-old sister, Kinlee, found him hanged in his bedroom, according to the outlet.

A co-worker of mine's son has issues with the lockdown, and he had to take him to a doctor.

He realizes that he made a mistake in isolating the kid so much.

Me? I took EVERY opportunity to get my kid out and about.

I feel really good about that choice.

What a load of crap.

Any and all policies should be chosen based on if their benefits out weight their costs.

If a policies supporters are dishonestly DENYING the existence of the COSTS of the policy they are pushing,

that indicates that they are not motivated by the goal of benefitting society, but something else.

What is your motivation for supporting the lockdown?

Any and all policies should be chosen based on if their benefits out weight their costs.

If a policies supporters are dishonestly DENYING the existence of the COSTS of the policy they are pushing,

that indicates that they are not motivated by the goal of benefitting society, but something else.

What is your motivation for supporting the lockdown?

I refuse to answer that ridiculous question when you clearly know why it was done or an idiot for not knowing.

I refuse to answer that ridiculous question when you clearly know why it was done or an idiot for not knowing.

Supporting a policy because you think the benefits out weight the costs is valid.

DENYING THE COSTS is not valid. It reveals that you are not a good faith actor.

What is your motivation for supporting the lockdowns, since it is obviously NOT the well being of society?

One kid who could have been crackers and you imply a lockdown is destroying society in general.
Why don't you simply say, I'm a republican and I hate Biden.

You.... this is not the first example of this you have heard of, is it?

Correct me if I'm wrong but since he committed suicide, that young boy's soul did not go to heaven correct? I have heard some evangelical righties say you don't go to heaven if you commit suicide.

We have to do better than this

Hayden Hunstable, of Aledo, took his own life three days before his 13th birthday in April 2020 because he didn’t know how to deal with the isolation and depression when the emerging disease caused a nationwide shutdown, the UK’s Metro reported.

The boy’s 9-year-old sister, Kinlee, found him hanged in his bedroom, according to the outlet.

My last post was deleted because someone didn't like me connecting the OP with a thinly veiled swing at Biden.
I stand by that. Now opinions have become trolling. So much for free speech.

He suicided in April 2020

That's a long time ago.

Was COVID even a thing?

RIP little bro

Forum List

Back