Texans vs Browns

There seems to be more and more of a trend to sell entertainment and even news content piecemeal. Both Fox News and CNN have additional subscription channels now. Even trusty old Newsmax has added a subscription channel. I feel in my bones that sooner or later it will be all subscription. As we struggle to pay our cable bill now, I can't see how we can afford that and probably will just ditch cable altogether.

I've checked it. My family is from that area and are all serious Chiefs fans.
As I said, I have IPTV and get every NBC network in almost every city, so I'll check back in with you on game day in this thread.👍

If they are in or near one of the two local markets, that is probably why they can see it on NBC. Do let us know what you actually find as last weekend, they made it clear that the only way you were seeing the KC/Dolphin game was EXCLUSIVELY on Peacocks Streaming.

Just last night, my local sportscasters said they were making a big mistake, and should have offered viewers an option to get Peacocks just for 24 hours for $1 and most people might have gone for that.

I feel in my bones that sooner or later it will be all subscription.

I was in telecom and saw this years ago and designed a backdoor out of it. I have no need to subscribe to anything. The only way this streaming subscription crap will succeed is if people bend over and subscribe to it! If folks don't subscribe like good little kneejerk consumers, this sort of thing will fail. This is a money-driven business and they will not sit there operating Peacocks for a loss if no one shows up to buy it!

Same reason why I will not pay hundreds (thousands?) of dollars to go see a live game, pay $20 to park my car, and $5 for a hot dog and $10 for a beer.

All this shit is so expensive ONLY because the market has shown idiots will pay it.

This is not just "how things are now" but how the consumers themselves are letting it be taken.

Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 6.23.38 PM.png

Texans getting a nice lead and pulling away. Could have been an even bigger lead if Stroud connects on a wide open shot down field.

Houston is a completely different team with Stroud under center...

And Cleveland more often than not folds when it counts...

A perfect storm.

If you live in Kansas City or Miami, I expect they will broadcast the game picked up from Peacock locally for the home audiences. But if you are anywhere else, you are shit outta luck. Pay up or don't watch. I choose not to pay. NFL is already making money hand over fist. It is really insulting they would try to extort viewership during the playoffs. Worse, this may violate anti-trust laws.

I have a notion to call my local NBC affiliate and tell them to go pound salt. I hope NBC and their Peacock lose HUGELY doing this. Fuck them.

No one plays me.
Meh. I wanna see that game. So, I pay one month. All I need to do is cancel the peacock subscription in 28 days. And notion my calendar so I don’t forget.

It’s like enjoying that game for a $6.00 ticket price without the weather. 👍

There was a stumble. The pass was just out of reach. There is a connection.

Cleveland's defense is absolute trash on the road, just garbage.
They have some injuries, I think. DC coach Jim Schwarz has improved it this year. Cleveland needs this step in this direction.

Forum List

Back