Tesla's Model S Sedan Named Safest Car In The History Of Cars

Kinda kills the whole point, don't it?

The real need now, is a way to recharge the batteries. Such as charging stations similar to gas stations.

The tech, works..and works well.

The real need now is to get from Point A to Point B in the most economical manner possible.

That effort is most efficiently delivered by hydrocarbons.

If TESLA is to survive beyond its novelty factor, it must appeal to the masses.

CNG (compressed natural gas) should be offered as an optional TESLA model. As should diesel and gasoline models. In this, they would cover all optional energies.

The company needs to move volume, generate revenues, and score more profit.

A broadened horizon would do just that.

It's a bargain at $71,070! Lease it for $916 a month!

Then find someplace to plug it in. That's the biggest problem. It can't go very far and many people do not have garages where they can install a charging station.

And thanks to big oil, they are resisting putting charging stations in gas stations. They've even successfully fought off bio fuels..for the most part.

Expound on this is you would...

We fight wars that cost our nation thousands of lives and trillions of dollars in treasure to protect oil.

Count that in the cost of oil.

Count you a whore bitch for stating such guttural swill.

Opec and nations like Saudi Arabia. We defend these because of oil. Tell me how I am wrong?

Tell ME how we defend THEM.

By guarding the Straits of Hormuz?

Military presence has many faces. (or in your case, feces).

OPEC is a shell of its former self, thanks to hydraulic fracturing in the U.S.

We guard many gates around the world. For reasons other than OIL.

You are a petrophobe. You have a fear of that which you know not.

Awesome! I have supported Tesla from the beginning. The electric car is the future. Yep the electric car is expensive (even the Volt is expense, esp when you consider it looks like the Chevy Cruze), but all 1st generation tech is expensive. I always point out how expensive the first computers and cell phones were. Heck the first cars were very expensive also!

I remember seeing this on a cable car show..

Tesla Roadster Takes on Porsche 911 Carrera And Wins (Video)

The driver was pretty impressed with the Tesla..but still favored the Porsche.

The tesla'S top speed is 125 the porsche's is 195.

According to this web site the porsche 911 0 to 60 is 3.1 sec

2014 Porsche 911 Turbo - Top Speed

The tesla model s 0 to 60 is 4.5 sec.

2013 Tesla Model S Performance Plus - Top Speed

The comparison was to the Tesla Roadster, not the Model S.

Roadster Features and Specifications | Tesla Motors

The AC induction motor and single speed gear box create instant torque from 0 rpm. Up to 295 lbs-ft of torque and 300 horsepower are produced as the car smoothly accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds.

The electric auto will, in less than a decade. replace most ICE's on the new car market. There are several companies that have already exceeded the present lithium ion batteries by a factor of two to ten in the lab. Of course, getting from the lab to manufacture is a difficult road. However, now we are talking Tesla's that go anywhere from 400 to 1500 miles on one charge. And Ford Focus's, and Chevy Sparkes with 200 to 1000 miles range.

2014 Ford Focus Electric Car | All Electric Battery Powered Vehicle | Ford.com

2014 Chevy Spark EV | Electric Vehicle | Chevrolet

And many more manufacturers coming out with EV's, even Mercedes and BMW.

I remember seeing this on a cable car show..

Tesla Roadster Takes on Porsche 911 Carrera And Wins (Video)

The driver was pretty impressed with the Tesla..but still favored the Porsche.

The tesla'S top speed is 125 the porsche's is 195.

According to this web site the porsche 911 0 to 60 is 3.1 sec

2014 Porsche 911 Turbo - Top Speed

The tesla model s 0 to 60 is 4.5 sec.

2013 Tesla Model S Performance Plus - Top Speed

The comparison was to the Tesla Roadster, not the Model S.

Roadster Features and Specifications | Tesla Motors

The AC induction motor and single speed gear box create instant torque from 0 rpm. Up to 295 lbs-ft of torque and 300 horsepower are produced as the car smoothly accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds.

It's about getting from point A to point B in the most economical manner, not acceleration or top speed.

Niche markets grab at straws, real markets grab volume sales.

As I've stated, in order for TESLA to survive they must embrace hydrocarbons.

Rollover? Thanks to the gigantic battery it needs to go 300 miles without a recharge the hunk of junk is a 6,000 pound cube of lead. It ain't about to roll over.

Amazing..

Tesla's Model S Sedan is the safest car ever tested, the company announced in a press release Monday. In independent testing by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the Model S received a 5-star safety rating overall and in every subcategory.

In fact, the car was so safe it out-scored the standard NHTSA 5-star overall rating, wrote Elon Musk, who Bloomberg Businessweek reported personally penned the release. The Model S actually achieved a combined score of 5.4 -- which is in fact possible, Mashable noted
Tesla's Model S Sedan Named Safest Car In The History Of Cars
Seems another benefit of not having a huge internal combustion engine with lots of volatile fluids on board your vehicle is..you have a greater chance of living if you wreck.

:eusa_whistle:

How is it amazing? They added lots of weight in the form of extra structural reinforcements because they can pretend that it doesn't use any extra energy, and idiots will go along with it.

Invest about 5 Grand in a vintage Vespa scooter if you want value and the same performance you would get in the 80 grand cube of lead that has no value but scrap once the battery goes dead.

The electric auto will, in less than a decade. replace most ICE's on the new car market. There are several companies that have already exceeded the present lithium ion batteries by a factor of two to ten in the lab. Of course, getting from the lab to manufacture is a difficult road. However, now we are talking Tesla's that go anywhere from 400 to 1500 miles on one charge. And Ford Focus's, and Chevy Sparkes with 200 to 1000 miles range.

They can talk all they want about pie in the sky numbers. Real world tests show the model S gets far less than the 260 range claimed by Tesla.

I don't have anything against electric cars, but right now they are so expensive. It also takes a lot to manufacture the batteries, energy wise that is.

Personally I hope it gets cheaper to produce them, so more people start driving them. Leaves more for gas guzzlers like me. :cool:

Forum List

Back