Tesla's Model S Sedan Named Safest Car In The History Of Cars

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Amazing..

Tesla's Model S Sedan is the safest car ever tested, the company announced in a press release Monday. In independent testing by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the Model S received a 5-star safety rating overall and in every subcategory.

In fact, the car was so safe it out-scored the standard NHTSA 5-star overall rating, wrote Elon Musk, who Bloomberg Businessweek reported personally penned the release. The Model S actually achieved a combined score of 5.4 -- which is in fact possible, Mashable noted

Seems another benefit of not having a huge internal combustion engine with lots of volatile fluids on board your vehicle is..you have a greater chance of living if you wreck.

:eusa_whistle:

You just have to respect Eon Musk ;) The guy is kicking ass in internet payments, cars and in private space!

The guys making the world a better place...One day he will be spoken within the class room next to the greats like Henery ford, John D. Rockefeller and bill gates.

and....
it actually has a rumble (jump) seat:
2012-tesla-model-s-inline-3-429-photo-425767-s-original.jpg

2012 Tesla Model S First Ride ? Reviews ? Car and Driver

Last edited:
LOL......for 58K, I can get a brand new Coyote powered GT Mustang and take the extra 20+ grand and buy a used Terminator with 35,000 miles.

Hmmm........which is a better way to invest my $$???:eusa_think::eusa_think::up:

Amazing..

Tesla's Model S Sedan is the safest car ever tested, the company announced in a press release Monday. In independent testing by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the Model S received a 5-star safety rating overall and in every subcategory.

In fact, the car was so safe it out-scored the standard NHTSA 5-star overall rating, wrote Elon Musk, who Bloomberg Businessweek reported personally penned the release. The Model S actually achieved a combined score of 5.4 -- which is in fact possible, Mashable noted

Seems another benefit of not having a huge internal combustion engine with lots of volatile fluids on board your vehicle is..you have a greater chance of living if you wreck.

Awesome! I have supported Tesla from the beginning. The electric car is the future. Yep the electric car is expensive (even the Volt is expense, esp when you consider it looks like the Chevy Cruze), but all 1st generation tech is expensive. I always point out how expensive the first computers and cell phones were. Heck the first cars were very expensive also!

Amazing..

Awesome! I have supported Tesla from the beginning. The electric car is the future. Yep the electric car is expensive (even the Volt is expense, esp when you consider it looks like the Chevy Cruze), but all 1st generation tech is expensive. I always point out how expensive the first computers and cell phones were. Heck the first cars were very expensive also!

I remember seeing this on a cable car show..

Tesla Roadster Takes on Porsche 911 Carrera And Wins (Video)

The driver was pretty impressed with the Tesla..but still favored the Porsche.

It's a bargain at $71,070! Lease it for $916 a month!

Then find someplace to plug it in. That's the biggest problem. It can't go very far and many people do not have garages where they can install a charging station.

Amazing..

I remember seeing this on a cable car show..

Tesla Roadster Takes on Porsche 911 Carrera And Wins (Video)

The driver was pretty impressed with the Tesla..but still favored the Porsche.

The tesla'S top speed is 125 the porsche's is 195.

According to this web site the porsche 911 0 to 60 is 3.1 sec

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/porsche/2014-porsche-911-turbo-ar112478.html

The tesla model s 0 to 60 is 4.5 sec.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/tesla/2013-tesla-model-s-performance-plus-ar154763.html

Then find someplace to plug it in. That's the biggest problem. It can't go very far and many people do not have garages where they can install a charging station.

And thanks to big oil, they are resisting putting charging stations in gas stations. They've even successfully fought off bio fuels..for the most part.

Americans don't want gay electric cars. Its that simple. The progressives need to get over it.

Everytime I hear a person say this I think about the article my dad told me about that when he was much younger. The thesis of the article was the Personal Compurter Will Never be Mainstream, it's too large, too expensive to make and too expensive to buy! Boy was the article DEAD WRONG!

The electric car is the future. The early adopters are buying the new tech at a primo price. That primo-prices makes the current tech look more attractive to many. More adapters will buy it 2nd gen and 3rd gen it will be mainstream!

Last edited:

And thanks to big oil, they are resisting putting charging stations in gas stations. They've even successfully fought off bio fuels..for the most part.

Yeah, great idea: so if I own a gas station, you think I want to...
...spend a bunch of money to install chargers.
...maintain them, repair them after the inevitable vandalism.
...pay to charge people's cars, and either eat the cost or go through all sorts of bullshit to let me sell metered power.
...have a car blocking a spot in my lot (which could easily be 1/5 of my parking!) for however long the damn thing is plugged in.

Are you fucking STUPID, boy?!

Forum List

Back