Terri Schiavo's Husband: Jeb Bush 'Put Me Through Hell'

rev_schiavo.jpg

CLEARWATER, Fla.—Sitting recently on his brick back patio here, Michael Schiavo called Jeb Bush a vindictive, untrustworthy coward.

For years, the self-described “average Joe” felt harassed, targeted and tormented by the most important person in the state.

“It was a living hell,” he said, “and I blame him.”

Michael Schiavo was the husband of Terri Schiavo, the brain-dead woman from the Tampa Bay area who ended up at the center of one of the most contentious, drawn-out conflicts in the history of America’s culture wars. The fight over her death lasted almost a decade. It started as a private legal back-and-forth between her husband and her parents. Before it ended, it moved from circuit courts to district courts to state courts to federal courts, to the U.S. Supreme Court, from the state legislature in Tallahassee to Congress in Washington. The president got involved. So did the pope.

But it never would have become what it became if not for the dogged intervention of the governor of Florida at the time, the second son of the 41st president, the younger brother of the 43rd, the man who sits near the top of the extended early list of likely 2016 Republican presidential candidates. On sustained, concentrated display, seen in thousands of pages of court records and hundreds of emails he sent, was Jeb the converted Catholic, Jeb the pro-life conservative, Jeb the hands-on workaholic, Jeb the all-hours emailer—confident, competitive, powerful, obstinate Jeb. Longtime watchers of John Ellis Bush say what he did throughout the Terri Schiavo case demonstrates how he would operate in the Oval Office. They say it’s the Jebbest thing Jeb’s ever done.

The case showed he “will pursue whatever he thinks is right, virtually forever,” said Aubrey Jewett, a political science professor at the University of Central Florida. “It’s a theme of Jeb’s governorship: He really pushed executive power to the limits.”

Read more: Jeb Put Me Through Hell - POLITICO Magazine

I remember this case very well. It was supreme government overreach by Governor Bush and President Bush.

His inability to understand 'braind eath,' and 'vegetative state' was what put him through hell.

"Well if you're all dead there's only one thing you can do."

"What's that?"

"Go through their pockets and look for loose change."

- "The Princess Bride"

Horseshit faux bump for a dead thread...

Why is it dead? He owes us an explanation if he wants to be president.

Why?

He owes us an explanation as much as Obama owed us his college records – the ONLY people asking are those that have absolutely zero chance of voting for him. Everyone else does not give a damn.

I sort of understand why NaziCon zombies would appreciate someone who fights to keep brain-dead people alive.

...I sort of understand why NaziCon zombies would appreciate someone who fights to keep brain-dead people alive.

Oh, puh-leeeeezeee...

TaylorLaughing.gif

You're like... what?... 10 years old... in a 60 year old body?

By the way... The Left called and left a message for you: "Please stay off our side."

Awesome. I like Jeb more with every post you submit about him, Pocahontas.

I'm sure you do - but the OP is a tragic story that he should have avoided as Governor of Florida.
The tragic part of it was the beating that took place, her subsequent abuse, and ultimate murder.
What a nutty conservative you are. :cuckoo: Please detail all of the bruises the attending EMS (whom Michael called), and the ER staff, found on Teri when she was rushed to the hospital......

Either you can demonstrate that or you once again expose yourself as the fruit loop dingus you are. :thup:

in nc they no longer do it where the spouse decides...when i was going in the hospital they ask for directives....so i called my lawyer and told her just to put its all up to my hubby.....period......but they dont do that now...its up to the doctors involved

Horseshit faux bump for a dead thread...

Why is it dead? He owes us an explanation if he wants to be president.

Why?

He owes us an explanation as much as Obama owed us his college records – the ONLY people asking are those that have absolutely zero chance of voting for him. Everyone else does not give a damn.

I sort of understand why NaziCon zombies would appreciate someone who fights to keep brain-dead people alive.

You're kinda lucky they do. Just sayin.

in nc they no longer do it where the spouse decides...when i was going in the hospital they ask for directives....so i called my lawyer and told her just to put its all up to my hubby.....period......but they dont do that now...its up to the doctors involved

That is asinine.

There is a reason that I married my wife and no one else on the planet knows or understands me better than she does. If you do not trust your spouse with that kind of decision then you should likely not get married OR have an advanced directive that takes such power away. Should I ever be in that situation I can only hope that my wife is both capable and allowed to decide the best course of action.

o i trust the spouso.....matter of fact i told the lawyer to put it totally up to him.....i didnt care if the doctors said there was a 99% chance i would recover if he opted to unplug me.....so be it...but in a way it does relieve the burden of killing your spouse....i mean i know him...his biggest fear in life is losing me....he is all kinds of sweet and cute that way....wont even discuss the issue....but he knows.....if things go south.....let me go....

i have told my son....he has nothing to do with any of it....all up to my hubby.....a child should not have to make those choices...even if he is a grown ass man now...

no body wants to go....i dont want him to be alone...anymore than i would want to be alone....

as i have said before...there are days i understand why the ladies stayed on the titanic...with their hubby....if i knew i was gonna die in minutes....i would want to die in his arms...simple as that...and other days i totally empathize with 'deadly women'

and no my death is not just around the corner.....they just make you decide all these things for any procedure now....and fuck that procedure stuff....you are putting me under and cutting on my body lets just be old fashioned and call it an operation or surgery

Forum List

Back