Tennessee police chief tells officers who 'don't have an issue' with George Floyd arrest to turn in badges

That is a police chief who is getting ahead of the issue as he gives an ultimatum to his officers.

It is time to purge all police units of extremist right-wing elements who have embedded themselves in the police.

The black community may not keep taking a knee for long as the death list of black men and women in custody keeps increasing.

All police units need new training in racial sensitivity and humanity.

Tennessee police chief tells officers who 'don't have an issue' with George Floyd arrest to turn in badges

BY ARIS FOLLEY - 05/28/20 05:26 PM EDT 791

A police chief in Tennessee said on Wednesday that officers who “don’t have an issue” with the arrest of George Floyd, an unarmed black man who died earlier this week after a Minneapolis police officer pinned him to the ground by kneeling on his neck, should turn over their badges.

“There is no need to see more video,” Chattanooga Police Chief David Roddy tweeted on Wednesday. “There no need to wait to see how ‘it plays out.’ There is no need to put a knee on someone’s neck for NINE minutes. There IS a need to DO something.

“If you wear a badge and you don’t have an issue with this...turn it in,” he continued. ...

From what I see here, which is incomplete, I consider the Knee to his neck unacceptable. The crime he was accused of was non violent and his repeated statements that he was have breathing difficulties along with by statements from bystanders to let him breathe were ignored. That is stupid!

They were rightfully fired, should be charged with murder.

NO. Citizens need more training in what may happen to you if you don’t obey the law and/or police.
.....you can NEVER teach stupid people like that...they will always commit crimes.....until they change their culture [ which takes a LOOONG time and is very difficult ], they will breed criminals ..blacks, especially black youths, have HIGH crime rates

..they don't want to listen anyway---it's always WHITEY's fault
He was a martyr for the cause. Neutralize the police and the criminals have free reign in streets. This police chief has lost control of the city. It wont get better there

That is a police chief who is getting ahead of the issue as he gives an ultimatum to his officers.

It is time to purge all police units of extremist right-wing elements who have embedded themselves in the police.

The black community may not keep taking a knee for long as the death list of black men and women in custody keeps increasing.

A police chief in Tennessee said on Wednesday that officers who “don’t have an issue” with the arrest of George Floyd, an unarmed black man who died earlier this week after a Minneapolis police officer pinned him to the ground by kneeling on his neck, should turn over their badges.

“There is no need to see more video,” Chattanooga Police Chief David Roddy tweeted on Wednesday. “There no need to wait to see how ‘it plays out.’ There is no need to put a knee on someone’s neck for NINE minutes. There IS a need to DO something.

“If you wear a badge and you don’t have an issue with this...turn it in,” he continued. ...
I told you over and over...the police/corrections/judicial trioka is a fiefdom. The power is around them. They circle the wagons around themselves no matter the abuse of others. Honor, integrity and character is not of the individual. It is of the fiefdom.

Hmmm. If one is not under arrest is any order given by police lawful? What I'm getting at is what authority do those police have to order one from one's vehicle if one is not under arrest?

YES those orders are, and I believe failing to obey ANY order from a LEO should be a capital crime... with the officer acting as judge, jury and executioner. Thst is the only way to bring about a proper Society based on LAW and ORDER.

Based on the limited evidence we have so far it appears that the arresting cops used excessive force floyd

but we may not know the whole story

Chattanooga is a majority republican city, and therefore enjoys better management than far left democrat Minneapolis.

Extreme right-wing. You just destroyed any credibility you may have had in this thread.

The arrest, in my opinion, is not the issue. What took place after the handcuffs were placed on the man is the real problem.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly
....yes it is.....he was STRUGGLING with the police
this is NOT the movies where Wonder Woman uses a magical lasso---everyone complaining are hypocrites/etc because they think they could MAGICALLY arrest irrational jackasses by saying ''pretty please''
Lies.

He was handcuffed and motionless and pleading to be allowed to breathe.
...he struggled with the police--it's right there in the link.......a handcuffed person can endanger others
..he PROVED he was a danger when he resisted
Still, a person in handcuffs can only do so much and if more force is needed for some, okay, but was it really necessary how far the "cop" ended up going? Was there not another place on the guy that the cop could've gone to for sufficient enough restraint?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Perhaps cops should start carrying two pairs of hand cuffs, one for the hands and the other one can be for people's feet.

I was speaking mostly in general, but I do believe this gentleman had to be forcibly removed from his vehicle. That suggests to me an unwillingness to exit the vehicle voluntarily, which is Failure to Comply with a Lawful Order.
Link?

Up next - anyone who has a problem with criminals return their badge.

Anyone who doesn't have a problem with looting should mail in their American citizenship.

That's certainly a theory. But I don't see any proof of that at all.

In fact, 3 of the police officers looked like they were just minding their own beeswax. And I don't see any racial motive here at all. Neither of us know the history between Floyd and the officer.
How, in your brain, would any history between the two change anything?

YES those orders are, and I believe failing to obey ANY order from a LEO should be a capital crime... with the officer acting as judge, jury and executioner. Thst is the only way to bring about a proper Society based on LAW and ORDER.
Have you seen that recent video of a white woman totally disobeying LEO orders to the point of hitting him, and getting taxed, and the officer was still nice and kind to her? Have you seen this?

Have you seen that recent video of a white woman totally disobeying LEO orders to the point of hitting him, and getting taxed, and the officer was still nice and kind to her? Have you seen this?

No I haven’t. That officer showed far more patience than he should have. The instant she disobeyed him, she should have been shot. He made a ooor decision in my mind.

Poor baby
Don't be jelli.

That's certainly a theory. But I don't see any proof of that at all.

In fact, 3 of the police officers looked like they were just minding their own beeswax. And I don't see any racial motive here at all. Neither of us know the history between Floyd and the officer.
How, in your brain, would any history between the two change anything?

Back history would indicate something other than racism motivated it.

Like I've explained before, I used to drink with a police officer who was accused of Alleged Brutality. Not exactly the same case, the civilian lived and both parties were Honkies. However, the officer was exonerated when the investigators found out that the civilian had falsely accused the cop's mother of prostitution.

In this case, did Floyd and the officer have past interactions? Not saying there is, but there COULD BE very good reasons for what transpired.

Forum List

Back