Tennessee police chief tells officers who 'don't have an issue' with George Floyd arrest to turn in badges

That is a police chief who is getting ahead of the issue as he gives an ultimatum to his officers.

It is time to purge all police units of extremist right-wing elements who have embedded themselves in the police.

The black community may not keep taking a knee for long as the death list of black men and women in custody keeps increasing.

All police units need new training in racial sensitivity and humanity.

Tennessee police chief tells officers who 'don't have an issue' with George Floyd arrest to turn in badges

BY ARIS FOLLEY - 05/28/20 05:26 PM EDT 791

A police chief in Tennessee said on Wednesday that officers who “don’t have an issue” with the arrest of George Floyd, an unarmed black man who died earlier this week after a Minneapolis police officer pinned him to the ground by kneeling on his neck, should turn over their badges.

“There is no need to see more video,” Chattanooga Police Chief David Roddy tweeted on Wednesday. “There no need to wait to see how ‘it plays out.’ There is no need to put a knee on someone’s neck for NINE minutes. There IS a need to DO something.

“If you wear a badge and you don’t have an issue with this...turn it in,” he continued. ...
I'd have thought officers who don't have an issue with the other officers present at the incident who did nothing about it are more of a worry. Without them enabling it such behaviour couldn't exist.

That is a police chief who is getting ahead of the issue as he gives an ultimatum to his officers.

It is time to purge all police units of extremist right-wing elements who have embedded themselves in the police.

The black community may not keep taking a knee for long as the death list of black men and women in custody keeps increasing.

A police chief in Tennessee said on Wednesday that officers who “don’t have an issue” with the arrest of George Floyd, an unarmed black man who died earlier this week after a Minneapolis police officer pinned him to the ground by kneeling on his neck, should turn over their badges.

“There is no need to see more video,” Chattanooga Police Chief David Roddy tweeted on Wednesday. “There no need to wait to see how ‘it plays out.’ There is no need to put a knee on someone’s neck for NINE minutes. There IS a need to DO something.

“If you wear a badge and you don’t have an issue with this...turn it in,” he continued. ...

We really haven't heard the officer's side of the story, or seen the official Autopsy results yet in the case of the alleged death of Mr. Floyd. Suppose the officer testified that the deceased accused the officer's mother of being a skank or even a prostitute? Suppose the deceased allegedly accused the officer, or even worse his dad, of buggery? Wouldn't that make a difference?
We don't need to we saw what the cops did.

So the reason for it isn't relevant to you?

I'd say its dam relevant.

Police officers are human beings, they can be pushed over the edge too.

I was speaking mostly in general, but I do believe this gentleman had to be forcibly removed from his vehicle. That suggests to me an unwillingness to exit the vehicle voluntarily, which is Failure to Comply with a Lawful Order.
Hmmm. If one is not under arrest is any order given by police lawful? What I'm getting at is what authority do those police have to order one from one's vehicle if one is not under arrest?

sure--we don't want the police to arrest criminals--real smart
Was George Floyd a criminal?
Yes, he was trying to pass a counterfeit $20 bill.
We do not know that, I have a lot of 20s and I do not know if they are fake or not.

Even if it was intentional , a man is dead and the cops are rogue and should be in jail.
he resisted arrest--that's a crime--and a DANGEROUS one

We do not know that, I have a lot of 20s and I do not know if they are fake or not.

Even if it was intentional , a man is dead and the cops are rogue and should be in jail.
Hint...
If you hold any bill up to the light, you will see a security strip on an authentic bill. It will have “USA” and the Bill’s denomination, aka “USA 20” running vertically on the bill.

We really haven't heard the officer's side of the story, or seen the official Autopsy results yet in the case of the alleged death of Mr. Floyd. Suppose the officer testified that the deceased accused the officer's mother of being a skank or even a prostitute? Suppose the deceased allegedly accused the officer, or even worse his dad, of buggery? Wouldn't that make a difference?

No its not relevant. so if a Democrats kills tramp is it relevant due to something he said??

What about the extreme left in those police departments? That's ok, though - right?

Leftists don't join police forces. They are more employable than right-wing extremists and have more profitable options than policing.
your hatred and idiocy are showing

By exposing your right-wing extremism?
more silliness from you
...you people are living in fairytale land/etc...the MSM has your brainwashed
..if a cop so much as verbally abuses someone, I say he should be, in the least, fired
....but if they are trying to LEGALLY arrest someone, and they resist, tough shit if you get hurt--that's what happens when police are FORCED to use FORCE--it's a law of nature
....especially when that someone STARTS the problem

The George Floyd video evidenced murder by cop.

Right-wing extremists fear that this could grow to encompass Trump and further reduce his chances of reelection.
hahahahhahahahhaahha
either you are joking or you are completely insane from TDS

I didn't see that in any video. One cop got him out of the car and put handcuffs on him.

I didn't see that in any video. One cop got him out of the car and put handcuffs on him.
says it right there in the report

We are simply not compatible

Probably not. I’m not compatible with most people in this day and age.

You folks have traded Justice and Punishment for some sad version of Legality thst has all the rigidity of overcooked spaghetti. If that’s really what you believe in, then I feel sorry for you.

jesus F christ--this guy had problems with the law before---and you think he's going to be an angel now????!!!!!!!
wake up people--you are in DreamLand

No its not relevant. so if a Democrats kills tramp is it relevant due to something he said??

When did President Trump ever make personal accusations against anyone's parents?

Most dims actually like Trump. Your scenario is irrelevant.

Billyboom George Floyd was murdered by four race soldiers for being black. Plain and simple.

That's certainly a theory. But I don't see any proof of that at all.

In fact, 3 of the police officers looked like they were just minding their own beeswax. And I don't see any racial motive here at all. Neither of us know the history between Floyd and the officer.

Forum List

Back