Teenagers have no respect

When I was in High School I have seen teachers get cussed out many times, I recall one time the kid called the teacher an asshole, and one kid told our creative writing teacher fuck you, not much really happened. They were taken to the office on both occasions, the kid in my creative writing class got switched to a different class but nothing happened the kid who called the teacher an asshole, neither of them was suspended.

Good thing they weren't Nuns ...... :eek:

Maybe the teachers were assholes?

It DOES Happen, ya know.

I've had asshole teachers, but i enough decency not to call them an asshole, well, not in the middle of class anyway......

It DOES Happen, ya know.

I've had asshole teachers, but i enough decency not to call them an asshole, well, not in the middle of class anyway......

Exactly and if you had a boss who was an asshole or a ****, you can't exactly call them that to their face unless you want to be fired.

Yeah, and your point, I suppose, is that school is just like employment?

Sorry to break this to you, but the kids know the difference. They don't get paid to be in school, and it is almost impossible to expel them.

Exactly and if you had a boss who was an asshole or a ****, you can't exactly call them that to their face unless you want to be fired.

Sorry to break this to you, but the kids know the difference. They don't get paid to be in school, and it is almost impossible to expel them.

School is not a job but school is supposed to be getting these kids ready for the real world, even though I think it is totally failing in that regard.

School is not a job but school is supposed to be getting these kids ready for the real world, even though I think it is totally failing in that regard.

If school was REALLY supposed to "get kids ready for the real world," then there would be real consequences for sleeping on the job, much less cussing out the instructor.

If school was REALLY supposed to "get kids ready for the real world," then there would be real consequences for sleeping on the job, much less cussing out the instructor.

Exactly which is why they are failing in that regard, when you get to the high school level im my opinion they should be taught proper dress for work, how to conduct yourself during a job interview, how to prepare a resume, balance a check book etc but they learn none of that, the high school kids I see now think they know it all but really know fuck all.

Fuck. We'd have been paddled if we said anything close to asshole to a teacher.

Good thing they weren't Nuns ...... :eek:

It DOES Happen, ya know.

See that's just it. They call teachers assholes, bitch or whatever and what's the consequence? Nothing. So they learn that disrespecting adults is ok because the adults don't do anything about it. Nice life lesson there. :rolleyes:

Were I a teacher and some brat talked to me that way? One day in-school detention, all electronic gadgetry taken away, sit in the principals office doing nothing. For each future occurrence of disrespect another day will be added to this punishment. No way would they get a suspension . . . . stupid punishment if you ask me.

It DOES Happen, ya know.

See that's just it. They call teachers assholes, bitch or whatever and what's the consequence? Nothing. So they learn that disrespecting adults is ok because the adults don't do anything about it. Nice life lesson there. :rolleyes:

Were I a teacher and some brat talked to me that way? One day in-school detention, all electronic gadgetry taken away, sit in the principals office doing nothing. For each future occurrence of disrespect another day will be added to this punishment. No way would they get a suspension . . . . stupid punishment if you ask me.

Being suspended from school is a reward, most of them get to hang out all day at home while their parents at work, so what do they learn from being suspended?

I let the wife go out with some friends, so I decided to take the kids to McDonalds. I don't like to take them there a lot, but the indoor enclosed play area makes it easy to watch three little ones.

In the area these four teenagers come in and are eating. No problem, but they start dropping F-Bombs and N-Bombs (keep in mind these kids are white) left and right. With the place packed with children. A mother asks them to have a little respect and watch their language. One of the little punk tells her to "fuck off." The stunned woman gets manager and he kicks them out. On the way out he calls the women a "fat bitch!"

Unbelievable, I hope I wasn't that disrespectful when I was a teen!

Like this retard?

One of the protesters who is known as "lotion man."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3aqv7TYSM0]Danny Cline is Lotion Man - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got $5 that says the kids' parents in the OP voted for obama in '08 and the kid Sunshine mentioned lives in a Conservative home.

Of course I would have no way to know. But respect and politeness is just part of the culture here.

Teens are built to be barrier pushers.

Its part of the cycle.

They have to fight the world to try and find their place in it.

BTW those two things in red in your post say a couple of thi ngs about your lack of respect for others

Anyone who expects "respect" from a teen in todays society is being silly.

We dont give them much to respect these days.

That is utter BULLSHIT! What teens don't get these days isn't respect, it's upbringing. Kids don't know how to act because they haven't been TAUGHT how to act.

I was in a Dollar Store in Farmington KY last week. Checking out in front of me was a young lad, I'd say about 14 or so. The clerk asked him a question about his purchase. He replied, "I think so, ma'am." Then when she finished she said "Have a nice day." He replied, "Yes, ma'am. You too ma'am." I said to the clerk, "what a well mannered young man!" And we have some VERY well mannered teenagers around here.

If I had taken that bunch of little heathens out they would have been back home in 5 minutes flat after the first infraction! I think the fact that the person who started this thread allowed it to go on and put up with it in public until someone else intervened speaks far louder than anything he has to say.

You can not force a person to respect you.

You can only gain their respect.

The kids you so despise because they dont respect you ma'am dont respect you for a reason.

They see the world today for what it is.

Crumbling schools with poorly paid teachers and parents scrambling to make a living.

NO JOBS for them and nothing but huge debt if they try to go to college.

No training available for a better prospect and nothing but adults who failed to create a decent prospect fro them all hanging arround excpecting them to grovel to them because they are older.

You dont get it at all.

Now back to nature, they have to emotionally break from their parents to feel the power in themselves to handle the world on their own.

It is human nature.

Now what do they do with this human nature when there is very little prospect of being able to be on their own because the right in this country insisted on distroying the world economy?

You have just lost about 20 pounds, all of it brown, running down your legs, and sitting just behind your heels. None of that has one thing to do with why a bunch of little hellions act like little hellion. There was a time when there were NO public schools in this country, everyone in the family had to work like dogs just to survive, few if any had the opportunity to go to college, young men were expected to serve their country, and in colonial days to be a military may and to be educated were not mutually exclusive. This country went through a Great Depression, and the kids of that day didn't go ferel.

The problem with adolescents who act like the ones in the OP is that they have had NO upbringing. They have been allowed to run like wild animals, and therefore, the act like wild animals.

Last edited:

It DOES Happen, ya know.

If I were a teacher today, in contrast to worst case scenarion I would be fairly content being called a bitch or an asshole. It would get a little dicey when they tried to poison me though, as some youth of his day have actually done.

Forum List

Back