Teen Sues Parents for Cash and College Tuition. Does She Have a Case?

CaféAuLait;8742439 said:
CaféAuLait;8741872 said:
I read what her statement was about the phone call on a facebook page, I don't know if it is 100 percent true or even true at all, since it is not in the paper but this is supposedly what her certification said she heard after Rachel had to call her parents, because once again she was caught drinking and was being suspended from school:

Since it didn't show up in court, we have to assume this is just another one of her lies. And what is this about being put "back in the hospital?" Has she been committed once already?

IDK if she was committed. The court pleadings mention issue with bulimia because she was losing weight for a dance and her mother finding bags of vomit hidden in her room. Then mom and dad 'sought help' , IDK if this was in a hospital setting or not, and it also states that she is on medication for that condition...

The interesting part is her parents contend that the people she is living with are not making her take those medications as well. Something ordered by her physician sometime before this behavior started.

Well, if you read the links I posted as to childhood abuse, you would have seen that ONE of the results are eating disorders.

Funny thing about parenting. 90% is all about showing up. Cheerleading helps, but listening, really listening with an interested and appreciative ear keeps them coming back.

You people on this thread want to talk about entitlement, but you fail to understand the GIFT a child is, the HONOR that is bestowed on the recipient OF that gift, or that the guardianship of that life is not about it's reflection on YOU, but on what YOU did or did not do to see that the potential of this precious person was reached - that you did or did not recognize that that potential WAS precious.

THAT is the pass/fail test of parenthood.

That most of you would, given the chance, EAT your young is all too evident.

Shame ON most of you.

Yes, children are a gift. But there comes a time when they have to leave the nest. For Rachel Channing, as with most children, that time came when she refused to abide by their rules.

So THEY say - So YOU accept with little evidence in their favor.

Unless, you read the court pleadings and evidence.

Social Work Services: No evidence of abuse letters.
Emails from Rachel apologizing asking for forgiveness, stating she was trying to stop her bad behavior and KNEW IT WAS MOSTLY HER FAULT.
Emails where Rachel states she will not move back in and comply with their rules.
School suspensions and school punishments being kicked off sports and clubs...

Far more than 'little evidence".

[MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION]
[MENTION=40954]Antares[/MENTION]

Would you guys please stop fighting in this thread?

Maybe they aren't.

Let's work with what we know.

We HAVEN'T been working with "what we know" though, but what Rachel's parents have, with no more say so than Rachel's word, have presented the court. So what the fuck, DUDE, where is that same, "Let's work with what we know." towards those who paint RACHEL as the devil, huh?

When I approach news for the first time, everyone is neutral.

Reading that a kid has the gall to sue her parents to force them to continue supporting her rebellious, 18-year-old un-dimpled hiney, does.

Let's work with actions and facts, instead of assumptions and unrelated experiences, when it comes to make assertions of fact here.

FUCK YOU. and everyone who looks like you. the ONLY one whose actions HERE are receiving a critical eye is the kid. That is a fact from the beginning of this thread.

Just keep opening Antares' links and see where they go.

:lol:

There is only one link Jake and it goes right to the page where you typed your words, poor Jakey. ;)

You typed my supposed words but you can't post anything where I typed any admission.

Your lie is so easy to out.

No wonder your profession is going under: such stupidity. :lol:

I voted for McCain and Obama.

Your industry is getting what it earned, Antares.

Tuff dat.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...care-affects-their-premiums-deductible-6.html

Poor Jakey, these are your words.

We HAVEN'T been working with "what we know" though, but what Rachel's parents have, with no more say so than Rachel's word, have presented the court. So what the fuck, DUDE, where is that same, "Let's work with what we know." towards those who paint RACHEL as the devil, huh?

When I approach news for the first time, everyone is neutral.

Reading that a kid has the gall to sue her parents to force them to continue supporting her rebellious, 18-year-old un-dimpled hiney, does.

Let's work with actions and facts, instead of assumptions and unrelated experiences, when it comes to make assertions of fact here.

FUCK YOU. and everyone who looks like you. the ONLY one whose actions HERE are receiving a critical eye is the kid. That is a fact from the beginning of this thread.

Were you abused?
Is that why you are blinded to this stupid little girls lies?

CaféAuLait;8742439 said:
Since it didn't show up in court, we have to assume this is just another one of her lies. And what is this about being put "back in the hospital?" Has she been committed once already?

IDK if she was committed. The court pleadings mention issue with bulimia because she was losing weight for a dance and her mother finding bags of vomit hidden in her room. Then mom and dad 'sought help' , IDK if this was in a hospital setting or not, and it also states that she is on medication for that condition...

The interesting part is her parents contend that the people she is living with are not making her take those medications as well. Something ordered by her physician sometime before this behavior started.

Well, if you read the links I posted as to childhood abuse, you would have seen that ONE of the results are eating disorders.

I'm well aware of such. But just because that is one reason, does not make it true, now does it?

All eating disorders are complex problems, and experts do not really know what causes them. But they may be caused by a mix of family history, social factors, and personality traits. You may be more likely to have bulimia if:

Other people in your family are obese or have an eating disorder.
You have a job or do a sport that stresses body size, such as ballet, modeling, or gymnastics.
You are the type of person who tries to be perfect all the time, never feels good enough, or worries a lot.
You are dealing with stressful life events, such as divorce, moving to a new town or school, or losing a loved one.

Bulimia is most common in:

Teens. Like other eating disorders, bulimia usually starts in the teen years. But it can start even earlier or in adulthood.
Women. But boys and men have it too.

While bulimia often starts in the teen years, it usually lasts into adulthood and is a long-term disorder.

Bulimia Nervosa-Topic Overview

Rachel was a "teenager", in Cheerleading which "stresses body size" she also was in a "new school", she was also experiencing a "separation/divorce" of her parents ( ironically caused by her trying to get rid of her mother)... She also seemed to be a "perfectionist" given all the sports and clubs. Social work services found no proof of abuse, the letters from them are in the evidence presented in court.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8742439 said:
CaféAuLait;8741872 said:
I read what her statement was about the phone call on a facebook page, I don't know if it is 100 percent true or even true at all, since it is not in the paper but this is supposedly what her certification said she heard after Rachel had to call her parents, because once again she was caught drinking and was being suspended from school:

I care if she was committed. The wealthy and connected use the threat of that to keep free thinkers in line, and to keep those that have been abused silenced.

They used to do it to their wives, and now they do it to their children.

Jesus h CHRIST on a popsicle stick.

Are ANY of you TRULY " pro-life?

Oh yes and I bought my Airline Tickets and paid for my Room at the El Cid Marina in Mazatlan today...all in cash ;)

Might as well spend it since those days are coming to an end.

Jake you have my permission to post my words saying lied about you..c'mon Jakey Boy.... do it.

Right here above you posted them in your own words.

Anybody can check your and my sigs for further evidence.

Your a loser, and always have been on the Board. :lol:

Ok. Warning shot. I'm going to start neg-repping members who keep fighting in and derailing my thread, even after I go out of my way to ask them kindly to stop.

CaféAuLait;8742519 said:
CaféAuLait;8742439 said:

I'm well aware of such. But just because that is one reason, does not make it true, now does it?

All eating disorders are complex problems, and experts do not really know what causes them. But they may be caused by a mix of family history, social factors, and personality traits. You may be more likely to have bulimia if:

Other people in your family are obese or have an eating disorder.
You have a job or do a sport that stresses body size, such as ballet, modeling, or gymnastics.
You are the type of person who tries to be perfect all the time, never feels good enough, or worries a lot.
You are dealing with stressful life events, such as divorce, moving to a new town or school, or losing a loved one.

Bulimia is most common in:

Teens. Like other eating disorders, bulimia usually starts in the teen years. But it can start even earlier or in adulthood.
Women. But boys and men have it too.

While bulimia often starts in the teen years, it usually lasts into adulthood and is a long-term disorder.

Bulimia Nervosa-Topic Overview

Rachel was a "teenager", in Cheerleading which "stresses body size" she also was in a "new school", she was also experiencing a "separation/divorce" of her parents ( ironically caused by her trying to get rid of her mother)... She also seemed to be a "perfectionist" given all the sports and clubs. Social work services found no proof of abuse, the letters from them are in the evidence presented in court.

We're suppose to disregard the evidence and believe Rachel because she is a teen and may have been abused. We are not suppose to look at her lies and consider that if she lied about those things, she may have lied about other things. According to Barb, the parents are responsible for this 18 year old suing them and they should pay her whatever she asks and more. After all, she's just a child and her parents abused her even if there is no evidence for that whatsoever, just the fact that Rachel claims she was abused is enough for Barb and is suppose to be enough for the rest of us. We're not suppose to look at the evidence in court and believe those emails are facts because they were presented by the parents. Doesn't matter that they were not challenged, they are lies, according to Barb. According to Barb, a proven liar is more reliable than a parent with concrete proof.

CaféAuLait;8742439 said:

I care if she was committed. The wealthy and connected use the threat of that to keep free thinkers in line, and to keep those that have been abused silenced.

They used to do it to their wives, and now they do it to their children.

Jesus h CHRIST on a popsicle stick.

Are ANY of you TRULY " pro-life?

Where did you get I did not care if she had been committed? Humm? The threat to keep in her "in line" or HEALTHY and stop her towards a path of self destructive alcoholism and bulimia?

What are you going off about? I hate to say it, and I feel for your past, the issues you have stated you have gone though, I really do. But you are projecting in my opinion on this issue. Not to mention you are implying that those who are speaking against this girl are only 'right wing' with your 'pro life' comment.

Someone else said it earlier, this thread is one of the first in a very long time where left, right and middle all agree this girl is wrong.

Last edited:
Ok. Warning shot. I'm going to start neg-repping members who keep fighting in and derailing my thread, even after I go out of my way to ask them kindly to stop.

Warning shot? Silly poster.

Back to the OP. The judge weighed the evidence and came down squarely on the side of the parents.

The girl is now free to go off and make her own life.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8742439 said:

Going off of those meds could explain a lot.

Indeed, and the people she is living with condoning such should be considered 'abuse'.

CaféAuLait;8742616 said:
CaféAuLait;8742439 said:

Going off of those meds could explain a lot.

Indeed, and the people she is living with condoning such should be considered 'abuse'.

The parents certainly have grounds now to start a civil suit for immense claims for familial interference, emotional stress and damage, and so forth.

Forum List

Back