Teen Sues Parents for Cash and College Tuition. Does She Have a Case?

Now that she's dropped the suit and gone back to her parents, can we hear from those who said she was being abused? That we weren't giving her a fair shake? That we didn't understand?

I'm right here, and still :disagree:

Her dropping the suit proves nothing except who has the upper hand. It's over though.

Funny. Why do they want to hear from us now, when they ascribed no value to what we had to say before? Sounds a bit off, IMO.

:cuckoo:

Now that she's dropped the suit and gone back to her parents, can we hear from those who said she was being abused? That we weren't giving her a fair shake? That we didn't understand?

Her dropping the suit proves nothing except who has the upper hand. It's over though.

Funny. Why do they want to hear from us now, when they ascribed no value to what we had to say before? Sounds a bit off, IMO.

Because your theorems on the situation of the case turned out to be factually deficient.

You fell for the classic failure of analysis where when all you have is a hammer, every problem out there looks like a nail.

Because your theorems on the situation of the case turned out to be factually deficient.

You fell for the classic failure of analysis where when all you have is a hammer, every problem out there looks like a nail.

Uh-huh. Okay. So you have a really low opinion of my perceptions and how I process them. Therefore I will ask you again - why would you want to hear from me at this point in time?

Uh-huh. Okay. So you have a really low opinion of my perceptions and how I process them. Therefore I will ask you again - why would you want to hear from me at this point in time?

Not a low opinion, just an observation that you have difficulty detaching your experiences from your view of a similar, but actually different situation. Applying your own experience to a similar situation is not wrong, but when faced with compelling evidence to the contrary, one has to be able to discard it for a more unbiased view.

I would hope this might be a learning experience for you.

Not a low opinion, just an observation that you have difficulty detaching your experiences from your view of a similar, but actually different situation. Applying your own experience to a similar situation is not wrong, but when faced with compelling evidence to the contrary, one has to be able to discard it for a more unbiased view.

You would? Awwww! How sweet is that?

:thanks:

Bless your little pea-pickin' heart!

“doubt is a skill. credulity ,by contrast, appears to be something very like an instinct”
― Kathryn Schulz, Being Wrong

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I don't always HAVE to be an asshole.

and I'm not sure if your response is sincere, sarcasm, or a weird mix of both, but I'm OK will all those outcomes.

As for the original story, I think the most telling thing is the other sisters didn't come to the older sister's defense, either officially or through back channels. If something really bad was going on in the house, you would think something would leak out from them.

I don't always HAVE to be an asshole.

and I'm not sure if your response is sincere, sarcasm, or a weird mix of both, but I'm OK will all those outcomes.

As for the original story, I think the most telling thing is the other sisters didn't come to the older sister's defense, either officially or through back channels. If something really bad was going on in the house, you would think something would leak out from them.

I would respond, but my experiences would be discounted as hearsay.

Okay if I end the interaction, - well yeah, of course it is. Just because some people have to 'win the Internet' doesn't change anything on that front.

Pleasure as always, Marty. :thup:

I second that!

Forum List

Back