Teen girl denied medication refill under Arizona’s new abortion law

Welcome to Gilead

handmaid.jpg

The horrific consequences of politicians making reproductive health care decisions can already be seen in southern Arizona. The stakes in the midterms could not be higher

So she got the medication and was not ultimately denied and it was delayed one day. Seems the right decision was made and it was corrected. I take hydrocodone for pain and every couple months I get denied or delayed because of laws, it can be a problem however I plan for that and it is a pain but it is the way it is.

The script was approved.....Dumb shits here act as if they never had a prescription denied for some reason and then filled.

it was a legally authorized prescription by a board certified physician that was approved AFTER it was DENIED. the ONLY reason why it was denied was for one specific side effect - that it could cause harm to a growing fetus. it was not denied due to it needing a reauthorization or the insurance co didn't want to pay for it & 'suggested' a less costly alternative which are the normal reasons.

That said the residents of AZ should be able to vote the abortion issue up or down.

100% wrong. the one with the uterus does.

how so?

14 year old Emma Thompson has debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis which has kept her in and out of the hospital for most of her life. She relies on methotrexate to help tame the effects of the disease.

But methotrexate can also be used to end ectopic pregnancies, to induce an abortion and that’s where the problem arises.

“As a mother who has had to deal with my child being very ill most of her life, I was scared, I was really worried,” said her mother Kaitlin Preble. “I was shaking. I was in tears. I didn’t know what to do.”

The young girl’s physician, Dr. Deborah Jane Power said “this was the first pediatric patient that had been denied her medication.”

seems it's a pretty significant obstacle to her health, courtesy of some christofascists running that state.
The home-grown Taliban's jihad against Americans with wombs is obscene.

Their authoritarianism that arrogates individual liberty is unAmerican.

So she got the medication and was not ultimately denied and it was delayed one day. Seems the right decision was made and it was corrected. I take hydrocodone for pain and every couple months I get denied or delayed because of laws, it can be a problem however I plan for that and it is a pain but it is the way it is.
She was denied this medical care because she MIGHT use it for abortion. Think you would have been denied Papa?

it was a legally authorized prescription by a board certified physician that was approved AFTER it was DENIED. the ONLY reason why it was denied was for one specific side effect - that it could cause harm to a growing fetus. it was not denied due to it needing a reauthorization or the insurance co didn't want to pay for it & 'suggested' a less costly alternative which are the normal reasons.

100% wrong. the one with the uterus does.
LOL....Good luck holding your uterus only election. :laughing0301:

The home-grown Taliban's jihad against Americans with wombs is obscene.

Their authoritarianism that arrogates individual liberty is unAmerican.

so much for a smaller, less intrusive government - that is if it doesn't include a female's innards. & it's not gonna stop there.

so much for a smaller, less intrusive government - that is if it doesn't include a female's innards. & it's not gonna stop there.
DeSantis' dictating to local communities, businesses, medical caregivers, educators, etc. is an obscene example of the Trumped GOP abandoning its libertarian tradition and surrendering to rabid authoritarianism.

Forum List

Back