Teen girl denied medication refill under Arizona’s new abortion law

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
The horrific consequences of politicians making reproductive health care decisions can already be seen in southern Arizona. The stakes in the midterms could not be higher

No, another nothing burger
how so?

14 year old Emma Thompson has debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis which has kept her in and out of the hospital for most of her life. She relies on methotrexate to help tame the effects of the disease.

But methotrexate can also be used to end ectopic pregnancies, to induce an abortion and that’s where the problem arises.

“As a mother who has had to deal with my child being very ill most of her life, I was scared, I was really worried,” said her mother Kaitlin Preble. “I was shaking. I was in tears. I didn’t know what to do.”

The young girl’s physician, Dr. Deborah Jane Power said “this was the first pediatric patient that had been denied her medication.”

seems it's a pretty significant obstacle to her health, courtesy of some christofascists running that state.

The horrific consequences of politicians making reproductive health care decisions can already be seen in southern Arizona. The stakes in the midterms could not be higher

Methotrexate is a cancer drug my grandson has been taking for years. It sounds to me like the doctors are fucked up and not the law,

how so?

14 year old Emma Thompson has debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis which has kept her in and out of the hospital for most of her life. She relies on methotrexate to help tame the effects of the disease.

But methotrexate can also be used to end ectopic pregnancies, to induce an abortion and that’s where the problem arises.

“As a mother who has had to deal with my child being very ill most of her life, I was scared, I was really worried,” said her mother Kaitlin Preble. “I was shaking. I was in tears. I didn’t know what to do.”

The young girl’s physician, Dr. Deborah Jane Power said “this was the first pediatric patient that had been denied her medication.”

seems it's a pretty significant obstacle to her health, courtesy of some christofascists running that state.

Funny how you commies are ignoring the fact that the prescription was approved, it really sounds like a pharmacist wanted their 15 minutes of fame, or had a political agenda.

Funny how you commies are ignoring the fact that the prescription was approved, it really sounds like a pharmacist wanted their 15 minutes of fame, or had a political agenda.

it was approved AFTER BEING DENIED.
which it should NOT HAVE BEEN DENIED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

The script was approved.....Dumb shits here act as if they never had a prescription denied for some reason and then filled.

That said the residents of AZ should be able to vote the abortion issue up or down.

Residents? How about the state legislature? That's how it works in most states.

I know you said you had me on ignore, but I thought the other posters would like to see where you are incorrect.

Snake oil? I'm sorry, but where did you get your medical degree?
Nowhere.

Same as playtime .

I thought they wanted to do that thing where we talk out of our asses as if we knew anything.

I guess you're doing that thing where you just act like a grumpy old man and jump into other people's conversations?

That's what I love about political forums! Everybody can do their own thing.

Forum List

Back