Teen fatally shot on way to school

We have 8-9,000 gun murders a year...sometimes more sometimes less....and we have, on average 1.6 million times a year that guns are used to stop violent criminal attack and save lives.....

We have 6-700 accidental gun deaths a year....and 1.6 million times a year a gun is used to stop a violent criminal attack and save lives....

I will assume you can do the math....

Which is the bigger number....

8-9,000 or 1.6 million

6-700 or 1.6 million....

We have 11.1 million people with concealed carry permits...who aren't killing people...

Do the math.....

:link::link::link:

Keep in mind this FBI table goes up to 2012.....that gives you just over 8,000 gun murders in 2012...but their numbers can be off...but it is what we have....

FBI mdash Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Now here are a bunch of studies of defensive gun uses...I added them together and then averaged them...to get the 1.6 million times a year guns are used to stop violent criminal attack and save lives....the link to the break down of the studies is given as well...I just highlight the researchers, the year of the study, and the number they came up with.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys
Field...1976....3,052,717
DMIa 1978...2,141,512
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68
Kleck...2.5 million
Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544
DMIb...1978...1,098,409
Hart...1981...1.797,461
Mauser...1990...1,487,342
Gallup...1993...1,621,377
DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million
Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043
Gallup...1991...777,152
Tarrance... 1994... 764,036
Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

NCVS (National Crime Victimization Survey)....108,000

Notice, the 3 different groupings of stats from the research listed so far.....not one of them approaches the NCVS number of 100,000.....

Just try to remember...

There's no gun culture in the USA...
... no gun culture in the USA...

What do you mean...there is a vibrant gun culture in the United States..

No shit Sherlock. Like that? I call it "sarcasm".

It's a mocking repetition of what I keep hearing on these forums. Absolutely we have a gun culture --- I've been making that point since literally the day I joined this site.

Duh.

Just try to remember...

There's no gun culture in the USA...

What do you mean...there is a vibrant gun culture in the United States..if there wasn't, you irrational anti gun nuts would have had us disarmed years ago....

We have a law abiding gun culture in the United states....over 40 million people own guns, 11.1 million people have concealed carry permits....( that is a low number since many states do not require a permit to carry a gun so there numbers are unknown ) and of the over 310 million guns in private hands...only 8-9,000 people are murdered with guns each year....that is an incredible number.....we have a very responsible gun culture....

If you want to fix the gun murder problem.....look to democrat controlled inner cities that have created gangs and drug dealers....who commit most of the gun murders in the country in a very small, geographic area of these cities......

Blame the criminals....not the law abiding gun owners......

Like that? I call it "sarcasm".

It's a mocking repetition of what I keep hearing on these forums. Absolutely we have a gun culture --- I've been making that point since literally the day I joined this site.

Duh.

But is wrong....there is a vibrant, healthy gun culture in the United States.....there are also cities controlled by democrats that create the highest gun murder rates in the country......

Here...Bill Whittle lists the 13 cities with the worst murder rates in the U.S.....they are all controlled by democrats....

A 17-year-old boy that police said was fatally shot early Monday morning in the parking lot of the Forest Park Apartments, in Algiers, was a student at Landry-Walker High School, the chief of the Algiers Charter School Association confirmed.
The victim, whom authorities did not immediately identify, appeared to be on his way to school when he was gunned down at approximately 7:45 a.m., New Orleans police said. Witnesses said he was wearing a school uniform, and a blue backpack was strewn on the ground at the crime scene in the 3700 block of Garden Oaks Drive. The apartment complex is about 2.5 miles from the victim’s school.
NOPD spokesman Officer Garry Flot said the teen sustained multiple gunshot wounds and died shortly after being transported to Interim LSU hospital. Police homicide detectives searched for clues around the parking lot, which remained cordoned off until 10:20 a.m. Several shell casings were recovered.
Algiers teen fatally shot on way to school was student at Landry-Walker High NOLA.com
This sh#t happens in America every day. What will we say? "Oh, it's awfull - find the killers..." But don't you consider that this kind of incidents happens too often.
The Government must revise the 2nd Amendment and reduce guns' selling. We are not living in Somalia where schoolchildren may be shot easily at any time.
What we must do is execute murderers within 30 days of conviction. Free room and board seems to have failed as a deterrent.

We could just lock them up and keep them locked up...well worth the money....I am not against executing them, however.....that really solves the problem.....
We have hundreds of people on death row, some for over 20 years. Apparently, prison is not a strong enough deterrent.

I believe New Orleans has had democrat mayors for decades....blame them.....

Political philosophies do not function at a city level.
Dishonest hack.

Nothing more fucking courageous than a dishonest hack who, upon seeing a child struck down thinks, "Cool! This is a chance to put up points on my political party scoreboard!"

Go straight to hell you ignoramic cocksucker.

I believe New Orleans has had democrat mayors for decades....blame them.....

Political philosophies do not function at a city level.
Dishonest hack.

yes they do....tax the businesses until they leave....defend teachers unions no matter how badly the kids are educated, undermine the police, under fund the police, under staff the police...since the police are the problem..while the gang bangers are all going to medical school and eating skittles.......

Political philosophies are just as important at the city level as in general.....

A 17-year-old boy that police said was fatally shot early Monday morning in the parking lot of the Forest Park Apartments, in Algiers, was a student at Landry-Walker High School, the chief of the Algiers Charter School Association confirmed.
The victim, whom authorities did not immediately identify, appeared to be on his way to school when he was gunned down at approximately 7:45 a.m., New Orleans police said. Witnesses said he was wearing a school uniform, and a blue backpack was strewn on the ground at the crime scene in the 3700 block of Garden Oaks Drive. The apartment complex is about 2.5 miles from the victim’s school.
NOPD spokesman Officer Garry Flot said the teen sustained multiple gunshot wounds and died shortly after being transported to Interim LSU hospital. Police homicide detectives searched for clues around the parking lot, which remained cordoned off until 10:20 a.m. Several shell casings were recovered.
Algiers teen fatally shot on way to school was student at Landry-Walker High NOLA.com
This sh#t happens in America every day. What will we say? "Oh, it's awfull - find the killers..." But don't you consider that this kind of incidents happens too often.
The Government must revise the 2nd Amendment and reduce guns' selling. We are not living in Somalia where schoolchildren may be shot easily at any time.
Our Government must take care of our children and protect them from guns. I am afraid that My children may get acquaintance with weapon too early. This situation is a real danger for our society.

Raise your children in a 2 parent family. Teach them to respect authority. See that they develop a good work ethic and make sure they get all the education they can acquire.
THEN the odds are well in your favor that they will survive despite all the guns in America. What you need to remember is that there is little reason to fear a weapon in the hands of a law abiding citizen. It's the guns in the hands of people who'd parents didn't follow the above that should worry you.

But, but, but it is the right of the shooter to own, possess and have in his or her custody and control the gun used to shoot and kill. Don't you know the 2nd A. is sacrosanct, an no amount of murder, carnage or the death of children will ever convince elected officials dependent on the NRA to fund their campaign to ever consider gun control.

What's more important to an elected official, his or her reelection, or the life of a child?
Legal gun owners are not killing kids on the street in the numbers that the illegal ones are. Punish criminals and leave me the hell alone.

Therein is the problem, too obvious for you to see, apparently. Are all persons who murder the unarmed and innocent criminals before they commit the act which so labels them? Is a criminal in your post only one who has committed a violent crime, or someone who has committed petty thefts? Define the term, then offer a means to identify and disarm the "criminals".

I don't know what is in the mind and the heart of a specific gun owner, thus telling me to leave you the hell alone is sufficient for me to wonder if criminal intent is part of your makeup.

Raise your children in a 2 parent family. Teach them to respect authority. See that they develop a good work ethic and make sure they get all the education they can acquire.
THEN the odds are well in your favor that they will survive despite all the guns in America. What you need to remember is that there is little reason to fear a weapon in the hands of a law abiding citizen. It's the guns in the hands of people who'd parents didn't follow the above that should worry you.
If only it was that easy...

But, but, but it is the right of the shooter to own, possess and have in his or her custody and control the gun used to shoot and kill. Don't you know the 2nd A. is sacrosanct, an no amount of murder, carnage or the death of children will ever convince elected officials dependent on the NRA to fund their campaign to ever consider gun control.

What's more important to an elected official, his or her reelection, or the life of a child?
Legal gun owners are not killing kids on the street in the numbers that the illegal ones are. Punish criminals and leave me the hell alone.

Therein is the problem, too obvious for you to see, apparently. Are all persons who murder the unarmed and innocent criminals before they commit the act which so labels them? Is a criminal in your post only one who has committed a violent crime, or someone who has committed petty thefts? Define the term, then offer a means to identify and disarm the "criminals".

I don't know what is in the mind and the heart of a specific gun owner, thus telling me to leave you the hell alone is sufficient for me to wonder if criminal intent is part of your makeup.
Of course not, but they are vastly more likely to become criminals because of their circumstances. That coupled with thed fact that a well educated person with a strong work ethic and strong moral values will likely earn enough so that he can live outside the inner city where most murders occur.
No criminal intent on my part at all. I am not a criminal, nor am I likely to commit a crime because I was raised in a 2 parent family, developed a strong work ethic and strong value system and got a decent education.

However, if someone who does not possess my values decides to enter my home without permission or assaults me on the street or in my place of business, I will defend myself. Thus, just leave me alone and everything's cool.

If only it was that easy...
That would make a great start, though, wouldn't it?

See. Had be stayed home he'd be safe.

Schools have to be closed to protect the children!

Henry, did you notice the color Hillary chose to wear for that Benghazi inquiry and her "What does it matter" permformance? Hamas Green and black. That was intentional. Never miss the fine details with this woman. She is a full on traitor to the American people.
_65472306_65472305.jpg

It's also the same color used to paint the doors on Mosques - same green - Green is a color for Satanists as well. Nothing should surprise us with Hillary. George McGovern was her mentor.

Of course not, but they are vastly more likely to become criminals because of their circumstances. That coupled with thed fact that a well educated person with a strong work ethic and strong moral values will likely earn enough so that he can live outside the inner city where most murders occur.
No criminal intent on my part at all. I am not a criminal, nor am I likely to commit a crime because I was raised in a 2 parent family, developed a strong work ethic and strong value system and got a decent education.

However, if someone who does not possess my values decides to enter my home without permission or assaults me on the street or in my place of business, I will defend myself. Thus, just leave me alone and everything's cool.

Not everyone is lucky enough to be raised by two parents, have you considered the numbers of men and women killed in combat this century, and wondered how many of their children will be raised in a single parent home?

What are your values, I don't need detail but you're so sure you have "strong values" makes me wonder. My values are framed by the Golden Rule, can you explain yours as concisely?

IMO, the use of a gun in the manner suggested in your post, suggests you have already decided your use of deadly force is both justified and acceptable within the structure of your "strong moral values". Comment?

Not everyone is lucky enough to be raised by two parents, have you considered the numbers of men and women killed in combat this century, and wondered how many of their children will be raised in a single parent home?

What are your values, I don't need detail but you're so sure you have "strong values" makes me wonder. My values are framed by the Golden Rule, can you explain yours as concisely?

IMO, the use of a gun in the manner suggested in your post, suggests you have already decided your use of deadly force is both justified and acceptable within the structure of your "strong moral values". Comment?
WTF does combat have to do with a teenager shot on the way to school?

My values? I treat everyone with respect until they show me that they have nothing about them that deserves respect. If someone enters my house without permission, I have to assume that they deserve no respect and are there to at the least, take my property, if not my life.
I will protect myself, my family, my possessions and my business with deadly force and not lose sleep.

The 2nd has people like yourself in mind,sucks dosn't it?

WTF does combat have to do with a teenager shot on the way to school?

My values? I treat everyone with respect until they show me that they have nothing about them that deserves respect. If someone enters my house without permission, I have to assume that they deserve no respect and are there to at the least, take my property, if not my life.
I will protect myself, my family, my possessions and my business with deadly force and not lose sleep.

Jeepers this internet tough boy rant gets old.
snore.gif

See. Had be stayed home he'd be safe.

Schools have to be closed to protect the children!

Henry, did you notice the color Hillary chose to wear for that Benghazi inquiry and her "What does it matter" permformance? Hamas Green and black. That was intentional. Never miss the fine details with this woman. She is a full on traitor to the American people.
_65472306_65472305.jpg

It's also the same color used to paint the doors on Mosques - same green - Green is a color for Satanists as well. Nothing should surprise us with Hillary. George McGovern was her mentor.

"Green = Satan" now??
rofl.gif

Hey Jere ---

Ever use one of these?

dollarbill.jpg

Yow!! Run!!
hair-fire.gif

Meet me on St. Patrick's Day. I'll buy you a beer. :beer:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back