Ted Cruz: Man of Principle

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
No, not really. You'll have to forgive my sarcasm. I am openly attacking Cruz for his lack of class.

Ted Cruz made no bones about being a Christian. He made it a point to acknowledge God in front of the media and in the debates. That was all well and good. As I am myself a Christian, I was taught that some of the basic precepts of my faith include honesty, loyalty and forgiveness. And given those things I believe Cruz betrayed all of those precepts by his actions and comments yesterday and today.

First, Cruz's honesty. He took a pledge in front of a national audience during a debate on Fox News to support the GOP nominee, no matter who he was. But nearly a year later during the GOP convention last night, he chose to take face time instead of endorsing Donald Trump as the nominee, instead telling people to "vote their conscience." Well, Cruz showed how little of one he had by choosing not to keep his promise.

Next, his loyalty. Perhaps Cruz is unaware, but there is loyalty in unity. He disregarded his loyalty to not only his party and the delegates bound to him, but to the people who voted for him, by refusing to endorse Donald Trump. He should have put aside his differences for the sake of unity.

Next, we examine his capacity for forgiveness. This is the toughest one to critique, because forgiving someone can be easy, or it can be a herculean undertaking. And continuing in the context of the Christian faith, Jesus said to forgive infinitely. Cruz believes that Trump attacked his wife and father on the campaign trail, and I condemn such behavior. I hope someday Trump apologizes. But I also believe in concept of forgiveness in the absence of apology. I don't make a habit of holding grudges or keeping enemies. For someone like Cruz, who believes in God and proclaims to live in his word, forgiveness should have come easier, but it didn't. He chose not to exercise it.

Cruz is a nice guy, and I won't impugn on his character overall for what he did last night. But what he did was overtly childish and lacked any class whatsoever. He lied to his voters, abandoned his loyalty to them and refused to forgive a former political opponent for the sake of moving forward. I'm not a perfect Christian, because I've sinned as well. I'm not casting any stones, either, but that's not what a Christian is supposed to do. That's not what a self proclaimed man of principle is supposed to do.

(This thread was posted at eighteen minutes past midnight Friday)

Cruz has never shown any class.

But yesterday he apparently at least showed some honesty.

In reality though he is just prepositioning himself for the 2020 primaries against Paul Ryan.

I can't stand Cruz, but kudos to him for having the balls to give that asshole Trump the middle finger. Hilarious, and well deserved after the way that childish piece of shit Trump treated the other candidates.
Well done Mr. Cruz!

I can't stand Cruz, but kudos to him for having the balls to give that asshole Trump the middle finger. Hilarious, and well deserved after the way that childish piece of shit Trump treated the other candidates.
Well done Mr. Cruz!
Yeah, Cruz showed really showed his ass last night.

Cruz-Hurt-600-CI-a.jpg

"He should have put aside his differences for the sake of unity."
Yep...he should just follow the herd....that's what belonging to a party really means.
Check your brains, conscience and self-respect in at the door and do what you're told.

Last edited:
Yep...he should just follow the herd....that's what belonging to a party really means.
Check your brains, consience and self-respect in at the door and do what your told.
Or just display some integrity and STAY HOME.

Check your brains, consience and self-respect in at the door and do what your told.
Mustn't break ranks and disagree with The Party...that shows lack of integrity.
Integrity means marching in lock-step with The Party.

Well done Mr. Cruz!

What part of the Cruz campaign dirty tricks did you miss? No one did dirties to the other candidates like Cruz did. All the dirties are on record.

And all Cruz did last night was to guarantee he would not be a R nominee for 1600 ever. He can kiss that dream good bye. Cruz not only shit on Trump and his voters, but pissed in Pence's cornflakes as well. Cruz made sure that the night was all about him and Pence's VP night could go to hell too.

What an ignorant, classless piece of shit.

Trump said Cruz's father killed JFK. You wouldn't understand why that is so insulting. But take my word for it. It is.

Trump said Cruz's father killed JFK. You wouldn't understand why that is so insulting. But take my word for it. It is.
Blow me sissy boi

It was a great show then, because Cruz now has eggs all over his face.

He stole the show and the next day's news cycle from Trump's VP pick who spoke the same night. I was talking to my sister about it the next day. She said, "I heard Cruz didn't endorse him." When I told her he stole the spotlight from Trump's VP pick she responded, "Trump picked his VP?" :lol:

He stole the show and the next day's news cycle from Trump's VP pick who spoke the same night. I was talking to my sister about it the next day. She said, "I heard Cruz didn't endorse him." When I told her he stole the spotlight from Trump's VP pick she responded, "Trump picked his VP?" :lol:
He didn't steal anything. But he did fuck his own chances in the future. That part, I am loving.

No that is what the far left media wanted to report on, so drones like you would think as such!

Trump has been calling Ted Cruz "Lyin' Ted" for the last six months. He insulted Ted's wife and father. He has not tried to mend fences at all, he has not apologized.

I don't think highly of Ted Cruz - I think he's an opportunistic theatrical politician, and supremely unlikable human being.

But if he had caved in and endorsed Trump after what Trump did during the primaries, he would have lost any claim on being a man.

Forum List

Back