Take a Knee

I am not a police officer and neither are any of you.

I want the police around when I am in trouble.

I don't want them not being there because they are afraid of what will happen if they come to my aide.

And you might consider that if you don't want to wind up with someone's knee on your neck.....DON"T BREAK THE FUCKING LAW.

How does that apply to Breonna Taylor? We also have no clue whether or not he broke the law or knowingly broke the law. Even if there was a counterfeit bill used we have no clue whether or not he knew it was.

You'll need to think about it just a little bit more.

He was habitual law breaker. Cops are human.

You didn't answer my question. Why?

I could note that the officer habitually had complaints filed against him also.

He did and he was allowed to continue.

Someone will account for that also.

But there are a lot of good people on police forces doing a job for a lot less money than I'd ever consider it for.

I don't want to hamstring them because of this guy's mistake.

And I'll repeat....don't want a knee in your neck....don't break the law. Ever.

How does that apply to what happened to Breonna Taylor? Also, again, we have no idea whether he broke or intentionally broke any law. It would not be that difficult for someone to mistakenly pass a fake bill.

The narrative is also going to become more along the lines of..........Don't want fired, don't stick a knee in someone's neck.

Thank you.

And as you continue to place those constraints, you'll have a harder time staffing law enforcement or restraining criminals.

Consequently, they might not be around when you need them.

Unless you are a cop, you don't know what they deal with (I certainly don't).

There will be plenty of people willing to take the job. Somehow places like the U.K. can fill their needs.

Why is border patrol having such a hard time filling slots.

Why is my local police force almost begging for applicants.

The same in the cities around me.

Why ?

Just not enough power hungry ass holes available to fill those slots.
You suffering from an authority complex? YOU wouldn't last very long if we didn't have police, champ. Remember that.

Lots of people don't last very long with the cops we have. Ask the Floyd family about that.
“Lots of people”? No.

One is too many if it is you or a family member. Makes you wonder how many murders occurred before cameras became so common. Without video, Floyd would be just another dead guy.

Yep, but now that everyone has a camera on their phone, catching bad behaviors by the police and forcing them to change is gonna happen. Maybe not as fast as some would like, but it's gonna happen. Police officers can no longer operate like they once did, getting everyone to tell the same story if a suspect goes deaddy-bye.

I don't want them not being there because they are afraid of what will happen if they come to my aide.

And you might consider that if you don't want to wind up with someone's knee on your neck.....DON"T BREAK THE FUCKING LAW.

How does that apply to Breonna Taylor? We also have no clue whether or not he broke the law or knowingly broke the law. Even if there was a counterfeit bill used we have no clue whether or not he knew it was.

But there are a lot of good people on police forces doing a job for a lot less money than I'd ever consider it for.

How does that apply to what happened to Breonna Taylor? Also, again, we have no idea whether he broke or intentionally broke any law. It would not be that difficult for someone to mistakenly pass a fake bill.

The narrative is also going to become more along the lines of..........Don't want fired, don't stick a knee in someone's neck.

Thank you.

And as you continue to place those constraints, you'll have a harder time staffing law enforcement or restraining criminals.

There will be plenty of people willing to take the job. Somehow places like the U.K. can fill their needs.

Why ?

You suffering from an authority complex? YOU wouldn't last very long if we didn't have police, champ. Remember that.

Lots of people don't last very long with the cops we have. Ask the Floyd family about that.
“Lots of people”? No.

One is too many if it is you or a family member. Makes you wonder how many murders occurred before cameras became so common. Without video, Floyd would be just another dead guy.

Yep, but now that everyone has a camera on their phone, catching bad behaviors by the police and forcing them to change is gonna happen. Maybe not as fast as some would like, but it's gonna happen. Police officers can no longer operate like they once did, getting everyone to tell the same story if a suspect goes deaddy-bye.

It's going to have to change. Camera's are everywhere. We saw all sort of angles from many camera's. It's as has been noted, this isn't something new. It's just now getting recorded.

So if I wish to support cops, can I take a knee?

As long as you don't have someone else's neck underneath it. And, there are lots of police who agree with the protesters and took a knee with them. After the police did that, the protesters dispersed because they felt like they had finally been heard.

Police in Fayetteville, North Carolina, made a surprising move Monday during a tense stand off with protesters seeking justice in the case of George Floyd, who died after being restrained by police in Minneapolis.

All 60-plus officers knelt before the marchers on Murchison Road.

Video of the moment had been viewed more than 14,000 times on Twitter and got 15,000 reactions on Facebook as of Tuesday morning.

Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article243193151.html#storylink=cpy

This is part of the training in non lethal submission. Not everyone has a bad heart.
Sounds like you're making excuses. Any first-responder with adequate basic training knows that handcuffing a big guy behind his back and pinning him to the pavement like that could kill him.
Big guys with bad hearts have an obligation not to be criminals. The dying is entirely voluntary.

Interesting......................when various people were being vetted for SCOTUS and in Trump's cabinet were accused of various things, you conservatives screamed about being innocent until proven guilty.

But, when it comes to this guy being murdered by cops? You immediately assume he's a criminal and deserved to die. What about innocent until proven guilty here? You are saying he's a criminal, but no trial was held, he was murdered before he could get his justice.
Innocent until proven guilty doesn’t apply to the police officer in this case?

There is video evidence of what he did. And, he's gonna get his trial. The dude he murdered isn't.
Is that a yes or a no?

He's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. ...
Then why do you keep saying that the man was "murdered"?

This is part of the training in non lethal submission. Not everyone has a bad heart.
Sounds like you're making excuses. Any first-responder with adequate basic training knows that handcuffing a big guy behind his back and pinning him to the pavement like that could kill him.
Big guys with bad hearts have an obligation not to be criminals. The dying is entirely voluntary.

Interesting......................when various people were being vetted for SCOTUS and in Trump's cabinet were accused of various things, you conservatives screamed about being innocent until proven guilty.

But, when it comes to this guy being murdered by cops? You immediately assume he's a criminal and deserved to die. What about innocent until proven guilty here? You are saying he's a criminal, but no trial was held, he was murdered before he could get his justice.

There is video evidence of what he did. And, he's gonna get his trial. The dude he murdered isn't.
Is that a yes or a no?

He's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. However,...
"However"? There is no "however."

So if I wish to support cops, can I take a knee?

As long as you don't have someone else's neck underneath it. And, there are lots of police who agree with the protesters and took a knee with them. After the police did that, the protesters dispersed because they felt like they had finally been heard.

Police in Fayetteville, North Carolina, made a surprising move Monday during a tense stand off with protesters seeking justice in the case of George Floyd, who died after being restrained by police in Minneapolis.

All 60-plus officers knelt before the marchers on Murchison Road.

Video of the moment had been viewed more than 14,000 times on Twitter and got 15,000 reactions on Facebook as of Tuesday morning.

Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article243193151.html#storylink=cpy
Can’t shoot a blacks can’t brandished a weapon can’t use dogs in a protest can’t use the water hose at a protest can’t put a knee on the back of a black.. what can we do?

Is that a yes or a no?

Because that is what he is being charged with. Apparently, there is enough evidence to point to those charges, which is why he is being charged with 3rd degree murder, and 2nd degree manslaughter. His actions, according to the video, point to those charges.

Thank you.

Why ?

“Lots of people”? No.

One is too many if it is you or a family member. ...
That's not what you said. You said "lots."

Is that a yes or a no?

Because that is what he is being charged with. ...
Is he innocent until proven guilty or not?

Is that a yes or a no?

Absolutely. No death penalty unlike what Floyd got.

Is that a yes or a no?

I already answered that further up the thread.

Is that a yes or a no?

I already answered that further up the thread.
You're contradicting yourself.

The NFL players can advance this by one player having a knee on another player's neck.

Thank you.

Why ?

“Lots of people”? No.

One is too many if it is you or a family member. ...
That's not what you said. You said "lots."

How many would it take for you to consider it a lot? 10? 100? 1000?

Forum List

Back