Take a Knee

I am not a police officer and neither are any of you.

I want the police around when I am in trouble.

I don't want them not being there because they are afraid of what will happen if they come to my aide.

And you might consider that if you don't want to wind up with someone's knee on your neck.....DON"T BREAK THE FUCKING LAW.

How does that apply to Breonna Taylor? We also have no clue whether or not he broke the law or knowingly broke the law. Even if there was a counterfeit bill used we have no clue whether or not he knew it was.

You'll need to think about it just a little bit more.

He was habitual law breaker. Cops are human.

You didn't answer my question. Why?

I could note that the officer habitually had complaints filed against him also.

He did and he was allowed to continue.

Someone will account for that also.

But there are a lot of good people on police forces doing a job for a lot less money than I'd ever consider it for.

I don't want to hamstring them because of this guy's mistake.

And I'll repeat....don't want a knee in your neck....don't break the law. Ever.

How does that apply to what happened to Breonna Taylor? Also, again, we have no idea whether he broke or intentionally broke any law. It would not be that difficult for someone to mistakenly pass a fake bill.

The narrative is also going to become more along the lines of..........Don't want fired, don't stick a knee in someone's neck.

Thank you.

And as you continue to place those constraints, you'll have a harder time staffing law enforcement or restraining criminals.

Consequently, they might not be around when you need them.

Unless you are a cop, you don't know what they deal with (I certainly don't).

There will be plenty of people willing to take the job. Somehow places like the U.K. can fill their needs.

Why is border patrol having such a hard time filling slots.

Why is my local police force almost begging for applicants.

The same in the cities around me.

Why ?

Just not enough power hungry ass holes available to fill those slots.
You suffering from an authority complex? YOU wouldn't last very long if we didn't have police, champ. Remember that.

Lots of people don't last very long with the cops we have. Ask the Floyd family about that.
“Lots of people”? No.

One is too many if it is you or a family member. ...
That's not what you said. You said "lots."

How many would it take for you to consider it a lot? 10? 100? 1000?
You tell me. Out of the entire population of the US, what is "lots"? ONE? Remember, you didn't mention "too many," you said "lots."

I don't want them not being there because they are afraid of what will happen if they come to my aide.

And you might consider that if you don't want to wind up with someone's knee on your neck.....DON"T BREAK THE FUCKING LAW.

How does that apply to Breonna Taylor? We also have no clue whether or not he broke the law or knowingly broke the law. Even if there was a counterfeit bill used we have no clue whether or not he knew it was.

But there are a lot of good people on police forces doing a job for a lot less money than I'd ever consider it for.

How does that apply to what happened to Breonna Taylor? Also, again, we have no idea whether he broke or intentionally broke any law. It would not be that difficult for someone to mistakenly pass a fake bill.

The narrative is also going to become more along the lines of..........Don't want fired, don't stick a knee in someone's neck.

Thank you.

And as you continue to place those constraints, you'll have a harder time staffing law enforcement or restraining criminals.

There will be plenty of people willing to take the job. Somehow places like the U.K. can fill their needs.

Why ?

You suffering from an authority complex? YOU wouldn't last very long if we didn't have police, champ. Remember that.

Lots of people don't last very long with the cops we have. Ask the Floyd family about that.
“Lots of people”? No.

You tell me. Out of the entire population of the US, what is "lots"? ONE? Remember, you didn't mention "too many," you said "lots."

And my question hasn't been answered yet. You seem to have a problem with what I consider to be lots. What would you consider to be lots? If those cops had killed 10 people by kneeling on their necks, would that be a lot? What if there was a pile 100 dead bodies high? Would that be a lot? How many people do cops have to kill before you consider it too many? How many have to die before you say that's a lot?

Thank you.

Why ?

“Lots of people”? No.

And my question hasn't been answered yet. You seem to have a problem with what I consider to be lots. What would you consider to be lots? If those cops had killed 10 people by kneeling on their necks, would that be a lot? What if there was a pile 100 dead bodies high? Would that be a lot? How many people do cops have to kill before you consider it too many? How many have to die before you say that's a lot?
Are 10 people killed by having a police officer kneel on their necks each year? Provide some sources if that is your claim.

Thank you.

Why ?

“Lots of people”? No.

Are 10 people killed by having a police officer kneel on their necks each year? Provide some sources if that is your claim.

That is the line you want to draw? Kneeling on someone's neck is bad, but shooting them for no reason, or choking them to death with arms and hands,is fine? What about hand cuffing them and then giving them a "rough ride" so they are dead or close to it when they are finally taken out of the cage they were in? Lock them up and starve them to death? All those ways for a cop to kill their victims are fine as long as the cop doesn't kneel on their neck. Is that what you are trying to say?

You know, I've seen several news stories tonight where not only are the protesters being friendly to the police (one brought them a case of water after they had been standing in the sun for a couple of hours), but we are also seeing instances of where the police are actually marching with and supporting the protesters.

The police who are doing that are doing a hell of a lot more to unite this country than Trump ever thought about doing. They are actually trying to see things from another point of view. All Trump can do is politicize everything and divide the country further.

So if I wish to support cops, can I take a knee?

As long as you don't have someone else's neck underneath it. And, there are lots of police who agree with the protesters and took a knee with them. After the police did that, the protesters dispersed because they felt like they had finally been heard.
Do you know that tale about little girl, who got lost herself in a forest, and had been crying until someone heard her? And she met a big, bad bear, and he said: "I've heard you, is it better now?"

... Kneeling on someone's neck is bad, but shooting them for no reason, or choking them to death with arms and hands,is fine? What about hand cuffing them and then giving them a "rough ride" so they are dead or close to it when they are finally taken out of the cage they were in? Lock them up and starve them to death? ...
Ok, how many Americans are proven to die unjustly at the hands of police by any of those means each year? Proven. Provide proof.

... Kneeling on someone's neck is bad, but shooting them for no reason, or choking them to death with arms and hands,is fine? What about hand cuffing them and then giving them a "rough ride" so they are dead or close to it when they are finally taken out of the cage they were in? Lock them up and starve them to death? ...
Ok, how many Americans are proven to die unjustly at the hands of police by any of those means each year? Proven. Provide proof.

That is absurd. You are arguing that there is an acceptable number of people who the cops can murder each year, and are even trying to imply that certain forms of murder shouldn't even count against that number. I have no desire or moral obligation to argue against such an absurd belief.

That is absurd. ....
That is a question. You started all this, now answer it.

What is the "appropriate" or "acceptable" number of unarmed people killed unnecessarily each year?

I believe that number is zero

Forum List

Back