Taco Bell...

Taco Bell served 'Mexican-Themed' food. The way a Reuben Sandwich is a "Kosher-Themed' sandwich (whilst being 100% treyfe).

I always ask Mexican restaurants to add just a little extra shmear of something or other just to cover my bases.

The closest to Mexican Food I have ever had since childhood was in a little place in Colorado Springs where it didn't even have a sign. You had to know it was there. It had 6 tables. But, man, the food was fanfrigginfastic. You have better know some spanish (Mexican) to order because the Waitresses were right off the Banana Boat. The strange thing was, the cook was Black.

They have black people in Mexico...

They even have Asians ...

View attachment 420870

In those days, and in Colorado, Blacks normally didn't cook Genuine Mexican food better than the Mexican Cooks. But, damn, could the Blacks make fantastic BBQ Ribs and still can.

Not Mexican food. American food with a Mexican motif. If I want Mexican food here, I go to Don Poncho's. If I want a fast food taco, easy in, easy out, cheap, consistent, near home or on the road from coast to coast, I'll ring that bell, grab a snack and keep on going. ;)

You strike me as one of those posturing leftists who have never actually gotten to know anybody from Mexico.
I am in Tennessee. Just how many Mexicans do you think are around me? You came up with that because I snack at the American fast food restaurant Taco Bell. I don't remember meeting any left wingers at Taco Bell, but you probably dine in and I just do the drive through.

Not Mexican food. American food with a Mexican motif. If I want Mexican food here, I go to Don Poncho's. If I want a fast food taco, easy in, easy out, cheap, consistent, near home or on the road from coast to coast, I'll ring that bell, grab a snack and keep on going. ;)

You strike me as one of those posturing leftists who have never actually gotten to know anybody from Mexico.
I am in Tennessee. Just how many Mexicans do you think are around me? You came up with that because I snack at the American fast food restaurant Taco Bell. I don't remember meeting any left wingers at Taco Bell, but you probably dine in and I just do the drive through.

There aren't any right or left wingers eating inside at Taco Bell. Where do you think they get that special blend of meat from since they ran out of Dogs?

Nachos, a caramel apple empanada, and cinnamon twists are the only things that I care for on the Taco Bell menu if them things are even on the menu still. I'll admit that I haven't gotten anything from them in a long time due to my dieting.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Can Taco Bell even be considered real food?

My hot Puerto Rican girlfriend loves it, but I just can't get onboard with it. Make no mistake, I've tried i, but all in all it's pretty fuckin' repulsive...

Ever wonder what happened to that annoying little dog? Chow down.
The dog was deemed racist and condemned to leftist race jail. You know you can't have a Mexican dog speaking Spanish in a commercial about running for the border.

I have found that it is always a good remedy for constipation.

I think the longest it has ever taken to go from mouth to anus is, like, 30 minutes, tops.
You make it sound like real Mexican food. Started by hotdog stand owner Glenn Bell in Irvine, CA featuring simple selection, ingredients, limited choice fast food, easily trained and simple uniform standards of preparation. He eventually franchised to 100 stores or more and sold out to Pepsi. I studied the business model in college. American success story, as American as apple pie. I still grab a snack their once or twice a month.
I've eaten real Mexican food.

You will never find garbanzos at taco bell. It is a staple of most of the Mexican friends I have had.
No crunchy tacos in a real Mexican's kitchen either. Those are the kind I like, so if I want tacos, I'm eating Taco Bell. Dang, now you've got me craving tacos and Taco Bell is 60 miles away..

I have found that it is always a good remedy for constipation.

I think the longest it has ever taken to go from mouth to anus is, like, 30 minutes, tops.
If i dont eat their sauce, which i frikkin LOVE, it doesnt bother me.
Same goes with a buddy of mine. Methinks its the sauce that acts like a bomb to your gut.

We have a real Mexican takeout joint here. The family is from Mexico. Besides feeding all the Mexicans who come seasonally to work, a lot of Downeasters have discovered Mexican is pretty tasty. So the family tries to give Americans the nod with nachos, but nachos are another concept unknown to Mexicans and their attempt at nachos is the most pathetic I've had anywhere.

There seems to be some odd hyper-compatibility between Taco Bell food, and my digestive system. I can eat the same Taco Bell food every day, and never get tired of it. Even if I am ill, and have difficulty keeping any other food down, Taco Bell food goes down well, and stays down. It's like I was made to eat Taco Bell, or perhaps like someone analyzed my digestive system in great detail, engineers the food that it would best process, and sells it at Taco Bell.

My current usual lunch is three beef burritos from their value menu, a dollar each. To feed myself as well, from any other source, I have to pay two or three times as much, for food that doesn't seem to work quite as well for me.

I always liked Mexican cuisine, and Taco Bell was one of the finest Mexican restaurants in all of Mahoning County. It really turned me on to Mexican food.

I was really pleased to find out when I moved to Mercer County, PA, that Taco Bell had a branch here that was equal to that in Ohio.

I lived in San Diego for 30 years, and it's a mystery to me how Taco Bell has so many restaurants there, all a stone's throw from the Mexican border. If you want real, true Mexican food and you live in San Diego, you don't go to Taco Bell. You go to places like Nico's #2, El Indio, Ponce's or Pokez.

Taco Bell is garbage food...

I always liked Mexican cuisine, and Taco Bell was one of the finest Mexican restaurants in all of Mahoning County. It really turned me on to Mexican food.

I was really pleased to find out when I moved to Mercer County, PA, that Taco Bell had a branch here that was equal to that in Ohio.
You gotta love it when a good business plan comes together. People are like companies. What they want to buy, they want to buy with consistency. Often consistency is more important that quality or price to an extent. Whatever people think of Taco Bell food, some liking, some loving, some hating, the product is consistent coast to coast. If you are in a hurry and you want that particular flavor, you know where to find it. A good consistent supplier with good quality control over a simple process and good control of their supporting supply chain. I like the food okay, but I like the company and business plan better.

My hot Puerto Rican girlfriend loves it, but I just can't get onboard with it. Make no mistake, I've tried i, but all in all it's pretty fuckin' repulsive...
...better than a lot of Mexican restaurants with chefs/etc....some of those restaurants are high priced crap

You gotta love it when a good business plan comes together. People are like companies. What they want to buy, they want to buy with consistency. Often consistency is more important that quality or price to an extent. Whatever people think of Taco Bell food, some liking, some loving, some hating, the product is consistent coast to coast. If you are in a hurry and you want that particular flavor, you know where to find it. A good consistent supplier with good quality control over a simple process and good control of their supporting supply chain. I like the food okay, but I like the company and business plan better.

Oh, absolutely. If they can be successful in San Diego, they've got to be doing something right...

...better than a lot of Mexican restaurants with chefs/etc....some of those restaurants are high priced crap

Not the Mexican restaurants I go to...

Taco Bell is circling the toilet bowl along with other YUM brand brands KFC, A&W etc.. Yet another victim of MBA management run amok. I haven't been to the Bell in a couple of months and don't plan to go again as long as there is a local competitor Jimboys Tacos. Jimboys will at least give me what I want while the Bell wants to push what they want to push on me. Screw Taco Bell!

Forum List

Back