Taco Bell tortilla shortage

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Taco-Bell-sign.jpg

You have got to be kidding me! There are literally thousands of places that make all varietys of both corn and wheat tortillas.

A spokesperson for Taco Bell supplied Fox News with the following statement: “While some Taco Bell restaurants are experiencing supplier shortages, we are working diligently to replenish the supply of our tortillas (used for products like quesadillas and burritos) in those restaurants and encourage fans to try the Chalupa Cravings Box in the meantime. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and appreciate our customers’ patience.”

If they can’t get them, they’re out of business.

More @ Taco Bell struck by tortilla shortage: 'We are working diligently to replenish our supply'

Wow, it isn't like there aren't other things on the menu. My favorite Taco Bell foods are the nachos, cinnamon twists, and the caramel apple empanada.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

So many questions....

Why are they running out?

Why are their competitors not having the same problem?

Is it tariff related?

Who eats this crap anyway?

So many questions....

Is it tariff related?

I highly doubt it's tariff related since we make a shitload of tortillas right here in the US.
Hell,HEB makes em in store daily.

Yeah taco bell sucks,couldnt tell you the last time I ate there.
You know it's crappy fare when dairy queen makes a better taco than a supposed taco joint.

Taco-Bell-sign.jpg

You have got to be kidding me! There are literally thousands of places that make all varietys of both corn and wheat tortillas.

A spokesperson for Taco Bell supplied Fox News with the following statement: “While some Taco Bell restaurants are experiencing supplier shortages, we are working diligently to replenish the supply of our tortillas (used for products like quesadillas and burritos) in those restaurants and encourage fans to try the Chalupa Cravings Box in the meantime. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and appreciate our customers’ patience.”

More @ Taco Bell struck by tortilla shortage: 'We are working diligently to replenish our supply'

Exclusive: More than 1 million acres of U.S. cropland ravaged by floods - Reuters

Taco-Bell-sign.jpg

Exclusive: More than 1 million acres of U.S. cropland ravaged by floods - Reuters

Good point.
And the left is feeling what it could be like without fly over country.
They dont call it Americas breadbasket for nothing.

Taco-Bell-sign.jpg

See what happens with open borders

Last edited:
Yea I remember as a kid my mom and dad complaining when we would decide to treat the family to chicken night and they'd get a 10 piece dinner and it was like 7 dollars with everything. Then as a young adult it went to 9.99 and my mom went ballistic. Now I think it's 19.99 and the chicken pieces are the size of mourning doves.

Sad.

Yea I remember as a kid my mom and dad complaining when we would decide to treat the family to chicken night and they'd get a 10 piece dinner and it was like 7 dollars with everything. Then as a young adult it went to 9.99 and my mom went ballistic. Now I think it's 19.99 and the chicken pieces are the size of mourning doves.

Sad.

The best fried chicken is made at home by far!!!
It just sucks cleaning up the mess. Of course the Wife figured out a way to avoid the mess......she decreed that all fried chicken was to be cooked in the outdoor kitchen. Which of course is my bailiwick and responsibility to clean up.
Makes me wanna charge her by the piece.

So many questions....

Is it tariff related?

Ahem.....

Occasionally I find it mandatory to self reflect on my circumstances and asked the question what would I do if I were homeless and destitute?

At $0.05 per can, 30 cans would buy a taco Bell bean and cheese burrito... Roughly 600 calories.

Of all the fast food items it is the one that has the broadest variety of basic nutrients.

It's not necessarily health food and 800 calories is considered to be starvation.

But I think a person could make a go of it if they could locate 30 redeemable cans per day at least for a few weeks.

Jo

So many questions....

Is it tariff related?

Ahem.....

Occasionally I find it mandatory to self reflect on my circumstances and asked the question what would I do if I were homeless and destitute?

At $0.05 per can, 30 cans would buy a taco Bell bean and cheese burrito... Roughly 600 calories.

Of all the fast food items it is the one that has the broadest variety of basic nutrients.

It's not necessarily health food and 800 calories is considered to be starvation.

But I think a person could make a go of it if they could locate 30 redeemable cans per day at least for a few weeks.

Jo
So... Homeless broke people eat it?

Forum List

Back