Syria's Bashar Assad implicated in war crimes, U.N. rights chief says

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It looks like they nailed Assad, but I thought that since there are two sides to this war fighting each other, they would overlook what he has done because the rebels are also doing horrendous things which would be considered war crimes.

Syria's Bashar Assad implicated in war crimes, U.N. rights chief says

By Raja Abdulrahim
December 2, 2013, 1:47 p.m.
Syrian President Bashar Assad is implicated in war crimes and crimes against humanity in the country's ongoing civil war, the United Nations' human rights chief said Monday.

A U.N. panel of experts, which has been investigating abuses in Syria, has gathered a "massive" amount of evidence indicating such crimes were committed, said Navi Pillay, the U.N. high commissioner for human rights.

"The evidence indicates responsibility at the highest level of government, including the head of state," Pillay said at a news conference in Geneva.

Continue reading at:

Syria's Bashar Assad implicated in war crimes, U.N. rights chief says - latimes.com

So, is the UNHRC now the good guy? Funny , five minutes ago on another thread they were jew hating anti semetic nazis.

When it comes to who israelis hate/love I need a players card and a big eraser.

This does not seem like it is probative of anything...."The U.N. panel has not been allowed to conduct investigations inside Syria and instead relies on interviews with refugees and phone or Skype conversations with people in the country."

However, "the panel has documented the growing brutality of the conflict, including massacres said to have been perpetrated by Assad's government as well as opposition forces. On Monday, Pillay said the scale and viciousness of the crimes committed in the war almost defy belief, AP reported"

Syria's Bashar Assad implicated in war crimes, U.N. rights chief says - latimes.com

So, is the UNHRC now the good guy? Funny , five minutes ago on another thread they were jew hating anti semetic nazis.

Poor Alfalfa, he can't seem to get through the day without dragging Israel in somewhere. Now if Alfalfa were kekeping abreast of the news, he could have posted an article about Assad. However, Alfalfa doesn't keep abreast of the news. He just like to interject himself in with his silly remarks.

It's obvious the UNHRC can't ignore Assad's crimes. But they're still a gaggle of Jew-hating anti-Semitic nazis.

It's obvious the UNHRC can't ignore Assad's crimes. But they're still a gaggle of Jew-hating anti-Semitic nazis.

Good one.

New Topics

Forum List

Back