Swalwell suggests Trump is guilty for taking the Fifth

While we're on the subject of Eric Swalwell, he quoted Trump today that "Only guilty people take the Fifth' as President Trump took the Fifth rather than answer the N.Y. attorney general's questions.

I don't know. Does that make DJT a hypocrite?

Or is Trump now wiser and understands that people are justified in taking the fifth when they're under siege and persecution by a weaponized DOJ & unscrupulous House members determined to find something, anything they can pretend is heinous enough to destroy somebody? That is especially true in the case of Donald J. Trump. That's how afraid they are he might win the Presidency again.
Funny that after living life for 74 years as a billionaire businessman, TV host, and President of the United States. He suddenly throws out all the wisdom he learned.

People who are innocent would do well better to take the 5th than anybody who is guilty because by the time you get to that point they are gonna find something to charge you with. "Why first you said it was big and now you say it is large. You have committed PERJURY!!!!!!!"
Why not give a better example.

Q: What time is it?
A: It's quarter after two in the afternoon

Just half an hour ago, you said the time was quarter of two in the afternoon.

That's obviously perjury.

Funny that after living life for 74 years as a billionaire businessman, TV host, and President of the United States. He suddenly throws out all the wisdom he learned.
Sorry but I just don't think he has done that. I think he does his homework and he most learns fast from his mistakes. He has proved his wisdom many many times when most of us thought he got it wrong, but it turned out his instincts were better than ours. Is he perfect? Absolutely not. Nobody is. But unwise? I just haven't seen that.

While we're on the subject of Eric Swalwell, he quoted Trump today that "Only guilty people take the Fifth' as President Trump took the Fifth rather than answer the N.Y. attorney general's questions.

Or is Trump now wiser and understands that people are justified in taking the fifth when they're under siege and persecution by a weaponized DOJ & unscrupulous House members determined to find something, anything they can pretend is heinous enough to destroy somebody? That is especially true in the case of Donald J. Trump. That's how afraid they are he might win the Presidency again.
I'll vote for hypocrite. The Dems aren't afraid Trump will run for President, they're afraid he won't run.

Swallow-Well is a closet LOSER just like his Biden Daddy...

Trump was dumb for suggesting anyone that takes the 5th is guilty. The 5th is a Constitutional right used to protect we Americans from tyranny. We are presumed innocent in a court of law and it is up to the government to produce evidence of guilt, not the person being tried. So, why should a person that is presumed innocent be forced to give any information that may be used against them later in a case. Also, the reliability of a compelled testimony is inherently unreliable as well. And how many times have we seen police used coercion to get a confession?

This is a protection that our founding fathers put into the Constitution to protect us from government and to help us stay free.

I have no issue with Clinton, Trump, or the kid down the block using a Constitutional right to protect themselves and their freedoms.

You notice that real liberals stick up for the amendment on the basis of the Constitution and not because of their politics and who is involved.

We need more liberals and conservatives that stick up for the principles of this country.

Forum List

Back