Habbadabado, Alina takes one for the team.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
You could almost see him whispering in her ear, telling her what to say.

Then, just a few days later,..............

Trump says he won’t testify again at his New York fraud trial. He says he has nothing more to say
https://apnews.com/article/trump-ne...suit-testify-5710001a228dc333a88e61b18abcfd44

It seems his attorneys have prevailed on him that he has said quite enough.

Trump's prior turn as a witness did meaningful damage to his defense

Most importantly, Trump's testimony on Nov. 6 harmed his defense — even when he managed to stick to the substance. It is no exaggeration to say he gave the attorney general's team a veritable bouquet of quotes that support their case, not his own. Among those that likely had Wallace and his colleagues internally pumping their fists are exchanges like these two, just pages into the Nov. 6 transcript:

WALLACE: ... s it correct that you had reviewed the Statement of Financial Condition in each of those years from 2011 to 2017 before it became final?

TRUMP: Yeah, I would look at them. It was not something that was of great urgency because I knew they weren't badly needed in a true sense, but I would look at them. I would see them. And I would maybe, on occasion, have some suggestions.

And later:

WALLACE: So is it true that you were responsible for the preparation and fair presentation of financial statements?

TRUMP: Getting them information, yes. In a form of getting them information.

I predicted Trump wouldn’t testify again in the N.Y. civil fraud trial. Here's why.

In the face of the overwhelming facts in the case, and RICO Don's prior admission of guilt, he indeed has nothing else to say. There is no legal defense for what he did, there is only a rhetorical defense in the way of the barrage of accusations against Judge Engoron, his clerk, and AG James. It's the manner in which he has chosen to prepare the minions for a large financial judgement against the Trump Org. It's part of the imperative construct he needs The Following to buy in to. Namely, being found guilty isn't about the facts, it must be about bias. That's been the recurring theme since the indictments began to fall like rain.

Trump says he won’t testify again at his New York fraud trial. He says he has nothing more to say
https://apnews.com/article/trump-ne...suit-testify-5710001a228dc333a88e61b18abcfd44

Most importantly, Trump's testimony on Nov. 6 harmed his defense — even when he managed to stick to the substance. It is no exaggeration to say he gave the attorney general's team a veritable bouquet of quotes that support their case, not his own. Among those that likely had Wallace and his colleagues internally pumping their fists are exchanges like these two, just pages into the Nov. 6 transcript:

WALLACE: ... s it correct that you had reviewed the Statement of Financial Condition in each of those years from 2011 to 2017 before it became final?

TRUMP: Yeah, I would look at them. It was not something that was of great urgency because I knew they weren't badly needed in a true sense, but I would look at them. I would see them. And I would maybe, on occasion, have some suggestions.

And later:

WALLACE: So is it true that you were responsible for the preparation and fair presentation of financial statements?

I predicted Trump wouldn’t testify again in the N.Y. civil fraud trial. Here's why.

In the face of the overwhelming facts in the case, and RICO Don's prior admission of guilt, he indeed has nothing else to say. There is no legal defense for what he did, there is only a rhetorical defense in the way of the barrage of accusations against Judge Engoron, his clerk, and AG James. It's the manner in which he has chosen to prepare the minions for a large financial judgement against the Trump Org. It's part of the imperative construct he needs The Following to buy in to. Namely, being found guilty isn't about the facts, it must be about bias. That's been the recurring theme since the indictments began to fall like rain.

the freaking coward has nothing to fear. he can lie under oath just as easily as breathing, and at least 3 (on average) jurors will fall for whatever he says.

the freaking coward has nothing to fear. he can lie under oath just as easily as breathing, and at least 3 (on average) jurors will fall for whatever he says.
It's not a jury trial. Besides, even if it were, his comments are meant for the rubes in order to keep those small cash donations coming in. He must convince his supporters, representing an endless stream of money to be used to pay his defense team, that he is a victim rather than what he is. Someone guilty of tax fraud.
He needs them to be stupid enough to believe the charges he faces are about bias, not the facts causing grand juries to indict him.

I don't know what this thread is about but:

AA1eLYjT.img

surewood_logo2 (2).jpg

And later:

Yeah, but his lawyer/spokesmodel looks good on teevee, and THAT'S what matters.

Yeah, but his lawyer/spokesmodel looks good on teevee, and THAT'S what matters.
Bingo. It's always about image over substance with the Orange Messiah. OTOH, Houdini could not get Trump out of this mess. One of his own making owing to his insatiable greed.

Poor rumpart needs a tissue....
“In the face of the overwhelming facts in the case, and RICO Don's prior admission of guilt, he indeed has nothing else to say. There is no legal defense for what he did, there is only a rhetorical defense in the way of the barrage of accusations against Judge Engoron, his clerk, and AG James.” ibid

And yet, given the facts of Trump’s corruption and fraud, a majority of Republicans continue to defend and support him.

The GOP has become a bizarre cult of madness and insanity.

“In the face of the overwhelming facts in the case, and RICO Don's prior admission of guilt, he indeed has nothing else to say. There is no legal defense for what he did, there is only a rhetorical defense in the way of the barrage of accusations against Judge Engoron, his clerk, and AG James.” ibid

And yet, given the facts of Trump’s corruption and fraud, a majority of Republicans continue to defend and support him.

You and rumpart are delusional Mrs. Jones. Real Americans know who the real criminals are and the actual laws they have broken...true corruption, not your made up baloney against Trump.
Trump needs no defense, he has done nothing wrong. We can easily follow the money trail for Joey Capone and bagman Hunter, and that is what wwill get Trump elected and you turds floating out across the ocean to a new land.

His attorneys may have strongly advised against testifying cuz there is no upside. If he tells the truth he's screwed, if he lies he's screwed. Because he's guilty.

hahahaha….Remember when you said exactly that during the “Russian Collusion” witch-hunt?
Gee, I wonder why nobody sane takes you TDS’ing wackos seriously?

rampart
Mac1958
What witch hunt?

And later:

"Show me the Bad Orange Man, I'll show you the crime" -- Progressive motto trying to spark Civil War 2.0 on orders from Xi

Real Americans know who the real criminals are and the actual laws they have broken...true corruption, not your made up baloney against Trump.
Not so much real Americans as members of his cult.

Forum List

Back