Supreme Court to Hear Arguments on Controversial Abortion Law

I doubt the SC will approve the Mississippi law.

Not because it violates the precedent of Roe v Wade...but because the conservatives on the court are political animals and they don't want to galvanize the Dem base and turn independent women against the GOP
You folks keep assuming that baby killing is somehow popular. You folks are out of touch, especially since science has made abortion virtually an unnecessary evil. By election day next year this will be settled and far more immediate issues, such as the economy will decide the vote.

How about we let people choose for themselves, that's a better idea.
How about children have a right to the equal protections of our laws from the moment their lives begin instead of children only having a right to those protections after they breech some arbitrarily decided point where society can't stomach or justify the denial of their rights anymore?

How about children have a right to the equal protections of our laws from the moment their lives begin instead of children only having a right to those protections after they breech some arbitrarily decided point where society can't stomach or justify the denial of their rights anymore?
They aren't "children" until they pop out. Now you know.

Public opinion on abortion hasn't changed much in more than 20 years

What a fucking hot mess!

As a non lawyer, I could have done a better job, myself. As could many of the other anti-aborts on this board.

Look up Hyde Amendment. Abortions are not paid by federal funds. Not since 1977.

Let's see how the red states help women who will no longer have access to abortions. Going to be fun when right-wing women turn out in droves to vote against their states overturning the abortion law.

Each of those comments are wrong, also ridiculous.

I expect it will energize women voters on both sides of the issue. Remember that reversing this decision does not in any way make abortion illegal in America. It simply returns the decision to the state governments. Places where Democrats rule will always have abortion available.

If these bastions of "choice" are really concerned with the "reproductive" rights of all women, let them mobilize efforts to help pay for these procedures for those in states where it would become much more limited. IOW, provide transportation and medical expenses for these women rather than demanding the U.S. government do so. Problem solved...
The end desire of the antiabortion groups is not to leave up to states, it is eventually to have a federal ban on it.

Forum List

Back