Supreme court takes on high stakes gay wedding cake case

Well Steph, I guess soon we'll find out if the SC thinks gay people should be treated as human beings or not.

Yes, because getting the exact wedding cake you want at the expense of someone else's morals is the equivalent of treating them like untermenschen.
What? A cake is a cake. Show me where cakes are mentioned in the Bible, Koran, Torah, Tripitaka, Vedas, etc.

Show me where marriage or abortion is mentioned in the Constitution.
It isnt...so let's ASSUME that the don't exist legally.

No, what we assume is

Who is 'we'?

Because the Supreme Court certainly doesn't agree with you.

Yes, because getting the exact wedding cake you want at the expense of someone else's morals is the equivalent of treating them like untermenschen.
What? A cake is a cake. Show me where cakes are mentioned in the Bible, Koran, Torah, Tripitaka, Vedas, etc.

Show me where marriage or abortion is mentioned in the Constitution.
It isnt...so let's ASSUME that the don't exist legally.

No, what we assume is

Who is 'we'?

Because the Supreme Court certainly doesn't agree with you.

And I should care about that why?

Typical prog, running to authority like the mewling lapdog you are.

Supreme Court Takes on High-Stakes Gay Wedding Cake Case

The Supreme Court is taking on a new clash between gay rights and religion in a case about a wedding cake for a same-sex couple in Colorado. The justices said Monday they will consider whether a baker who objects to same-sex marriage on religious grounds can refuse to make a wedding cake for a gay couple. The case asks the high court to balance the religious rights of the baker against the couple’s right to equal treatment under the law. Similar disputes have popped up across the

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a news flash, go get your gawd dam cake somewhere else.
2. Wasting the Supreme courts time over a gawd dam cake!
you are real winners , gawd I hope these losers lose this case .

Not sure this is a case for the SCOTUS.

While I understand that he can object it very much depends on the stipulations issued when he was given a license to operate.

My guess is that the baker loses.

I can't figure out why these idiots have to push separation of church and state using such weak positions.
Have you ever had a business license? Nope. It just says business license on it and your name and address. There's is no long contract to rummage through and most business people are not lawyers or can hire one.

The case involves government over stepping its' authority though. That's what the constitution does, limits government power. You should not even need a religious excuse to not do business. I've turned down work on principle and the government is pushing more and more to strip citizens of their principles in favor of their own.

I am not arguing that point.

I am all for getting the 10 commandments back in courthouses (not a huge priority for me).

However, you have to pick your battles...this hardly seems like a good battle to start with.

Trump/Pence continue to disgust me!

Administration Urges SCOTUS to Provide a License to Discriminate | Human Rights Campaign

Once again, the Trump-Pence Administration has taken direct aim at our nation’s progress on LGBTQ equality, this time urging the Supreme Court to grant a potentially sweeping license to discriminate against same-sex couples,” said Sarah Warbelow, HRC’s Legal Director. “The discrimination endorsed by this administration in their amicus brief is the same form of bigotry Mike Pence signed into law in Indiana in 2015 and for which he was swiftly rebuked by a national backlash among America’s businesses. If adopted by the court, the Trump-Pence Administration’s arguments would threaten to gut many of our nation’s most sacred civil rights laws - not just for LGBTQ people, but also for women, people of color, religious minorities, and Americans of all backgrounds.”

Forum List

Back