Supreme Court Screws Disabled Vets

what branch of the govt is the VA under? basic civics…
So you admit this wasn’t the result of a decision made in the White House. This wasn’t a policy that came from the Whote House.

Now go sit on the corner

This Court is a disaster. Barrett was the driving force behind this decision but all three "liberal" Justices joined in it

Come on now, let’s not hang this all on Barrett.

: At oral arguments, the justices sounded divided, yet all three liberals lined up behind Barrett’s harsh opinion.

That’s from the slate article you linked. Looks like the liberal justices concurred with Barrett. So why make this just about Barrett and the conservatives.

Come on now, let’s not hang this all on Barrett.

That’s from the slate article you linked. Looks like the liberal justices concurred with Barrett. So why make this just about Barrett and the conservatives.
I didn’t blame just Barrett. I blamed the COURT.

So you admit this wasn’t the result of a decision made in the White House. This wasn’t a policy that came from the Whote House.

Now go sit on the corner
it was from the Obama White House.

you look so stupid

Actually, you did when you stated she was the driving force, so you put all the blame on her and just lip-serviced what the Liberal Judges did.
She WAS that. She wrote the opinion

Yeah, so you blame her the most while ignoring the reality that this was a decision all the Judges agreed on.
Again… I blame the Court. Yea… her more than others. She wrote the opinion.

That’s how the Court works.

News to you?

You hate her because she was Trump's pick and had she been Obama's pick you wouldn’t have the same opinion.
I would have the same opinion of anyone who wrote that fucked up opinion.

YOU seem fixated on defending her...it's a kneejerk thing for you creeps

Again… I blame the Court. Yea… her more than others. She wrote the opinion.

That’s how the Court works.

News to you?
Ah, so you were trying to hand this around her. Why her more than others when the liberals signed on to it as well? They could have just as easily dissented.

Really. An email? A phone call?

How would you know that?
i don’t know how they communicated it. But i accepted the facts the court found they set the date.

i mean that’s why we had a case. why did you post the story?

Unanimous because the law in question was clear.

Bitch to congress to change the law.

Doesn't work that way.
I don't know enough about this particular case to have an opinion, but in the scheme of things, Congress is NOT the source of law at all.
The actual source of law is the ideal abstraction first, and it is then the duty of Congress to try to implement it correctly and fairly.
If they do not, then it is up to the SCOTUS to make Congress try again until they get it right.

{...
Equitable tolling is a legal principle evolved from the common law of equity. Equitable tolling states that the statute of limitations will not bar a claim if the plaintiff, despite reasonable care and diligent efforts, did not discover the injury until after the limitations period had expired.
...}
This is a common law principle going back before this country existed, and can not be legally ignored by Congress or the SCOTUS, in general.
(However I do not know the specifics of this particular case.)

Forum List

Back