Supreme Court hands Biden victory, allows end to 'Remain in Mexico' policy

Eligibility for asylum has two simple requirements. First, asylum seekers must establish that they have a well-founded fear of persecution in their country of birth. Second, asylum applicants must prove that they would be persecuted in their home country on account of at least one of five protected grounds: religion, race, political opinion, nationality, or particular social group.
-----
now given we don't really spell out "WHERE" they can do this from, it seems this is up for debate. now, as usual when a process gets flogged to death, we need to look at potential abuse of it.

i think we have it.

when you see a caravan of thousands of people coming at you, hard to believe they are in fear of political persecution and death. ask them they say they want a better life.

we all do.

that's immigration. using a buzzword to get around the system i would call one of those "loopholes" the dems get upset about.

close it.
If they swim across the river to get here they are here illegally and NOT at a port of entry therefore they should not be able to declare refugee status.

But they can.
But they shouldn't be able to. The law states they have to be at a port of entry or in the country for 1 year to declare refugee/asylum status. Under Biden, the assumption is made they came through a port of entry. We are not enforcing our own laws.

The laws of this country have been posted here. You seem to be another globalist that support some international rules trumping the Constitution and US laws.

What other international laws/rules do you support over U.S. ones.
Where does the law say they have to stockpile more than needed such that it spoils on the shelf? Where does the law say that illegal immigrants get to come into the US?

It's a sad day when American babies are literally being hospitalized for starvation while the babies of criminal aliens get the food right out of American babies' mouths.

But they shouldn't be able to. The law states they have to be at a port of entry or in the country for 1 year to declare refugee/asylum status. Under Biden, the assumption is made they came through a port of entry. We are not enforcing our own laws.

No, the law states they have to apply within one year if in country. You aren't even disagreeing with the law but still rambling.

What you think shouldn't happen is irrelevant. I don't think we should attack countries that did nothing to us but yet we do.

Where does the law say they have to stockpile more than needed such that it spoils on the shelf? Where does the law say that illegal immigrants get to come into the US?

One is just rambling and no one ever said the law says illegal immigrants get to come.

The law states if you get here, legally or illegally you can apply for asylum within one year.

It's a sad day when American babies are literally being hospitalized for starvation while the babies of criminal aliens get the food right out of American babies' mouths.

LOL, OK.

No, the law states they have to apply within one year if in country. You aren't even disagreeing with the law but still rambling.

What you think shouldn't happen is irrelevant. I don't think we should attack countries that did nothing to us but yet we do.
someone bringing their happy illegal ass over here cause they're in fear of their life is going to wait a year before going "oh, by the way...."

if it is truly asylum they won't run over and hide in the system. stop letting them abuse it.

Yes, there is no law saying anyone can come here illegally. They need to come to a port of entry. The Cartel and Coyotes have made it so our border port of entries is overwhelmed and our border patrol is busy keeping migrants from drowning or dying in the heat. Just this week we had 53 migrants lose their life trying to sneak in a box truck. I doubt they were trying to reach a legal port of entry. Biden and the Democrats have blood on their hands for not securing our border.

One is just rambling and no one ever said the law says illegal immigrants get to come.

The law states if you get here, legally or illegally you can apply for asylum within one year.

LOL, OK.
No, the law says you must come through a port of entry and THEN you can apply within one year. Biden is breaking the law.

No, the law says you must come through a port of entry and THEN you can apply within one year. Biden is breaking the law.
now if someone is truly chasing these people and they happen to be running for their lives, come across where ever you can and tell someone - we'll help. that's asylum.

swimming over and never intending to show up for court? yea, needs to stop.

someone bringing their happy illegal ass over here cause they're in fear of their life is going to wait a year before going "oh, by the way...."

if it is truly asylum they won't run over and hide in the system. stop letting them abuse it.

It's the law. One can not abuse the law when they are abiding by the law.

Yes but, when the law was written it was assumed they would have come through an official point of entry. No one thinks an illegal border hopper should be able to declare asylum....except Biden, the Democrats and, I guess, you. The Democrat Congress is making sure illegals can hop our border and swarm our country.

Yes but, when the law was written it was assumed they would have come through an official point of entry. No one thinks an illegal border hopper should be able to declare asylum....except Biden, the Democrats and, I guess, you.

LOL, it's no wonder the country is in the mess it is. It specifically states even if you come here illegally you can apply for asylum but they actually meant, despite saying something completely different that they must come through official ports of entry? LOL

I posted the law. Are you now denying it's the law even though the law has been posted?
i've posted laws too. you used them as you saw fit.

every time someone suggests how to fix this, you whine. doesn't matter why or about what. you say NO YOU CAN'T CAUSE and then LOL or "THUMBS DOWN DISAGREE THERE I SHOWED HIM".

talking in circles, running away.

i've posted laws too. you used them as you saw fit.'

No you didn't.

every time someone suggests how to fix this, you whine. doesn't matter why or about what. you say NO YOU CAN'T CAUSE and then LOL or "THUMBS DOWN DISAGREE THERE I SHOWED HIM".

talking in circles, running away.

Odd, I told you to push passing the court. I noted some of the things you will have to address and you got pissy I wanted to discuss the issue.

No you didn't.

Odd, I told you to push passing the court. I noted some of the things you will have to address and you got pissy I wanted to discuss the issue.
i didn't in the last few replies, no but i did earlier today.

not playing your wordslice games, dude.

Forum List

Back