Supreme Court asks Maryland officials to stop people picketing at justices’ houses

The supreme court stole a human right from people in an atmosphere where civil war was already brewing. They'll be lucky to survive the decade.

10D234E2-F9F5-4E67-9A85-40A447C9064D.jpeg

Says you.

Protesters Rally in Front of Rahm's House, Criticizing City Budget Cuts

As long as it's on public property (street, sidewalk) it's simple protest.

Dumbass, they spray painted Barrett's garage.

No matter how much you keep using the word peaceful, it ain't so.

The only difference between you and me is, you feel the need to lie about it

I don't. My English is plain and simple. You threaten my kids, and I'll shove a red hot poker so far up your ass it'll come out the other end.

I'm done with the bullshit, the pretensions at peacefulness and the blatant abuses of power. I no longer pay attention to what you say, I pay attention to what you DO.

Dumbass, they spray painted Barrett's garage.

LOL, I never discussed that but go ahead, call me names over things that haven't even been discussed. LOL

No matter how much you keep using the word peaceful, it ain't so.

I never used that word but again........if it makes you feel better. I've even stated I support violent protest if need be. (Note I did not say I supported it here so far)

The only difference between you and me is, you feel the need to lie about it

LOL.

I don't. My English is plain and simple. You threaten my kids, and I'll shove a red hot poker so far up your ass it'll come out the other end.

I'm done with the bullshit, the pretensions at peacefulness and the blatant abuses of power. I no longer pay attention to what you say, I pay attention to what you DO.

What I'm doing is the same as you. Discussing this on the internet.

It is Federal that you cant picket supreme Court Justices.
And that POS Garland won't do anything about it. I can't wait until the repubs take the House and the REAL investigations begin. May Joe will break Trumps "record" for the loons trying to impeach him. Joe wouldn't be exonerated either with Hunter's laptop as evidence.

I don't think it has. How can Maryland have a law banning protests at people's homes?

Court has upheld residential picketing bans

In Frisby v. Schultz (1988), the Supreme Court narrowly upheld a residential picketing ban enacted by the town of Brookfield, Wisconsin. Finding a substantial governmental interest in protecting residential privacy, the Court majority explained: “One important aspect of residential privacy is protection of the unwilling listener. Although in many locations, we expect individuals simply to avoid speech they do not want to hear, the home is different.”
Read their later decision from 1994

It said the law could not prohibit protest around individual homes, except within a reasonable distance such as within 30 feet.

But the ruling struck down, as too broad and inadequately justified by the facts of the case, a 300-foot buffer zone within which protesters could not make uninvited approaches to patients and employees, as well as a buffer of the same size around the houses of the clinic's doctors and staff members. However, the Court indicated that a smaller zone or restrictions on the size and duration of demonstrations at the houses would be constitutional.

LOL, I never discussed that but go ahead, call me names over things that haven't even been discussed. LOL

I never used that word but again........if it makes you feel better. I've even stated I support violent protest if need be. (Note I did not say I supported it here so far)

LOL.

What I'm doing is the same as you. Discussing this on the internet.

My flight is here. I'll be back with you when we hit Denver.

Look here - you seem to have a brain. What the fuck did you expect from all the DIRTY fucking tricks the lefties have pulled since 2015? Culminating in the perception of a stolen election?

You ain't seen nothing yet. People are PISSED. That's why they're not watching your dog and pony show. Every day that thing goes on, the Dems are losing 10,000 votes to the Republicans. No one but NO ONE is being fooled by those proceedings.

You clowns are practically begging for blowback at this point, and I'm 200% confident you're going to get it. You're in trouble. Really, you are. All this crap you're looking at is being brought to by two scorned women, Hillary and Nancy. We all know about scorned women, they like to make domestic abuse calls and stuff like that. The best thing to do with em is get a restraining order and have it enforced

My flight is here. I'll be back with you when we hit Denver.

Look here - you seem to have a brain. What the fuck did you expect from all the DIRTY fucking tricks the lefties have pulled since 2015? Culminating in the perception of a stolen election?

The ones that have been investigated many, many times with nothing found?

You ain't seen nothing yet. People are PISSED. That's why they're not watching your dog and pony show. Every day that thing goes on, the Dems are losing 10,000 votes to the Republicans. No one but NO ONE is being fooled by those proceedings.

I am the first person to call them a dog and pony show.

You clowns are practically begging for blowback at this point, and I'm 200% confident you're going to get it. You're in trouble. Really, you are. All this crap you're looking at is being brought to by two scorned women, Hillary and Nancy. We all know about scorned women, they like to make domestic abuse calls and stuff like that. The best thing to do with em is get a restraining order and have it enforced

For the sake of the other passengers I hope your head doesn't explode while in flight.

That SCOTUS survived into old age and maintained trust in their institution. This SCOTUS was installed by people who support secession and ending democracy. But maybe history won't repeat itself and republicans will succeed at creating a theocratic dictatorship here. Who knows.
Negative, most folks that are right-leaning think religion is way down on the list of things to concern ourselves with.

In fact I would go so far as to say most think organized religion is as much at threat as the leftists are if given their head.....Look at the Mormons.

The holy-rollers (any flavor) should always be kept at arm's length and out of the state apparatus. I'm a big believer in the separation of church and state.

No, Maryland is a state. And this is about things happening in Maryland. Do keep up.

Following the quote chain back shows that it's not about anything happening in Maryland. It's about the actions of the corrupt malfeasant asshole Garland with regard to things that happened in the capital. Nothing whatsoever to do with anything happening under the jurisdiction of any state.

Meanwhile, Merrick 'The Rat' Garland is busy chasing down grandmothers who walked through open doors at the Capitol.

Are you suggesting the federal government should take over enforcement of state laws? Because that doesn't sound very conservative to me. Does that sound conservative to you? It doesn't sound conservative to me.

Washington DC is not a state, and nor does it fall under the jurisdiction of any state.

1994 was a liberal court
Yes indeed. The conservatives on the court wanted to strike down ANY restriction of protests around the homes of the doctors and staff.

Dissenting opinion

The dissent believes that the 36 foot speech-free zone did not meet the burden for the test the Supreme Court set, as it burdens more speech than necessary. The dissent charges that speech-restricting injunctions are deserving of strict scrutiny by the Supreme Court and that the Supreme Court did not award it this level of review in this case and therefore dissents from all portions of the judgment upholding the injunction.

Forum List

Back