Super Bowl 58 winner?

Yeah you ain’t kidding.lol go figure,the chiefs had looked horrible all season long unable to get the ball into the end zone with receivers dropping passes all over the place.they stunk up the joint on defense last week barely beating an injury riddled defense,who would have ever thought the chiefs would look like the old chiefs last week looking horrible on defense and the offense would come alive and start scoring touchdowns all of a sudden? Like I said,go figure.

What’s really crazy is today they went back to playing like the chiefs have played all year again.,an offense that couldnt get the ball into the end zone and had to have the defense bail them out again.

I did say the defense would have to play far better this week against the ravens than they did last week to win,I never imagined they would.i also never figured fir a second that a team that barely beat an injury riddled defense last week would beat a healthy ravens defense,again go figure.
I saw the entire game. I am now watching the 49ers claw back from a deficit. They are now down 24-17 and at last I am hopeful they will win the game.

but Mahomes is an "X Factor" that can never be counted out in playoff games. He just has another gear that kicks in during the post season.

And just think: in 2017 when Mahomes was drafted, the Steelers kept Ben Roesthlisberger and signed QB Landry Jones instead.

Steelers also had Dan Marino in they backyard and passed on him too.

well, i think the Kansas City Chiefs will win the Super Bowl again. they beat my Bills and i think the Chiefs are good enough to win it all again.
I want Mahomes to catch Brady. If he wins another one this year he’s way ahead of Brady. But Brady did it for 20 years.

I don’t want Lamer or Purdy to get one. If Goff can’t have one I don’t want anyone else getting their first.

I think 49rs are destined. That team in the second half was good.

That's what I told someone else in a PM earlier today.

Even though I'm a Chiefs fan, my logical side believed that the Ravens would pull it off, but Mahomes is an "X Factor" that can never be counted out in playoff games.

He just has another gear that kicks in during the post season.
And the chiefs won’t blow a 17 point lead

True, but the miracle was the 49ers won. I truly was not expecting this after Detroit rolled to large lead. But the 9ers put the Lions down.
You and me both.i said this whole week it was going to be the niners and ravens in the Super Bowl.the ravens chiefs game while I figured the ravens would win,In the back of my mind I thought the chiefs had a chance,you can’t count out Mahomes and Reid is one of the greatest coaches ever,for sure the best coach in the last 20 years.I should have considered that before saying the ravens would be a dynasty and win back to back superbowls.so much for what I said on the ravens being a dynasty.the media it turns out is right that the chiefs are a dynasty,there is no way they don’t repeat in the Super Bowl,thst ravens chiefs game was the real Super Bowl,they are the two best teams in football.

the niners I said the whole week you could mail it in they would be in the superbowl,the way it started out I was thinking I had goofed on that as well and I would be 0 fir 2. :biggrin: Never figured the niners would really have to earn this game and claw theur way back to win,I thought this game would be easy as pie fir them.the Lions don’t deserve to be there,a team that barely beats the crappy bucs at home no less with baker mayfield,they don’t belong in a Super Bowl. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I don't think they will. But Dan Campbell and the Lions deserve their props for as far as they went.

Best overall season in Lions history IMHO.
There are going to be lots of people in Detroit on the suicide hotline :biggrin: ,they all believed this was their year and nobody would keep them from the big game.this game was fir their taking, they may never come this close to getting back again..they totally gave this game away,thisloss will be much tougher to take than the nfc title game they lost to the redskins 30 years ago,this time they believed they would get there.

They got whatbthey deserved,a team that just barely squeakes by barely beating the pathetic tampa bay bucs at home no less with baker mayfield? Are you kidding me?:laughing0301:
Who wants to see a team like that in the superbowl,they did not belong there rightfully so.

How in the hell are the 49ers opening as favorites? They have just barely squeaked by both of their opponents. KC didn't blow out Buffalo or Baltimore, but they did stomp on Miami and they beat the Ravens pretty soundly, and the Ravens were the consensus best team. The 49ers barely beat the 7th seeded Packers and needed some lucky plays and bad Dan Campbell coaching calls (take the 3 points!) to stage the comeback. Yes, that was an amazing comeback, but the defense looked pedestrian for most of the game and the offense took a long time to exploit what had been a very weak Detroit secondary. I'm a long-time 49er fan, but the Chiefs should be the favorites.

How in the hell are the 49ers opening as favorites? They have just barely squeaked by both of their opponents. KC didn't blow out Buffalo or Baltimore, but they did stomp on Miami and they beat the Ravens pretty soundly, and the Ravens were the consensus best team. The 49ers barely beat the 7th seeded Packers and needed some lucky plays and bad Dan Campbell coaching calls (take the 3 points!) to stage the comeback. Yes, that was an amazing comeback, but the defense looked pedestrian for most of the game and the offense took a long time to exploit what had been a very weak Detroit secondary. I'm a long-time 49er fan, but the Chiefs should be the favorites.
That is just beyond baffling,they should easily have handled a team thst barely beat the pitiful buccaneers with baker mayfield and at home no less.

Forum List

Back