Suburban Women are Turned Off by Trump's Rhetoric

The loss of support from suburban women is what cost the Republicans the House in these last midterm elections. If the president can't start behaving like an adult why even bother to run for reelection?

Suburban women recoil as Trump dives into racial politics

With the House changing there was no risk of actual change for them. Electing a far left Dem would result in actual harm for them.

With a House Election they could virtue signal with minimal risk. With the Presidency up (and the Senate) there is more on the line, and I believe they will see that.

I think Trump will tone down some of his tweets, but I hope not to the point it changes his direction which I think is positive.

Suburban, Soccer Mom's are easily manipulated, offended, and overly emotional. I don't think Trump got many of their votes in 2016 anyway. Suburbs, now mostly mirror the cities and are largely Democrat controlled. This is a long term problem for the Republican Party as suburbs are growing in population.

The loss of support from suburban women is what cost the Republicans the House in these last midterm elections. If the president can't start behaving like an adult why even bother to run for reelection?

With the House changing there was no risk of actual change for them. Electing a far left Dem would result in actual harm for them.

With a House Election they could virtue signal with minimal risk. With the Presidency up (and the Senate) there is more on the line, and I believe they will see that.

Perhaps. If the Dems nominate a far left loon like Bernie, people might go with Trump again just to be safe, but does the GOP really want to risk that? Think of how much easier it would be to secure a reelection if he wasn't such an asshole. Plus, do you really think he could beat someone like Biden with this behavior?

Perhaps. If the Dems nominate a far left loon like Bernie, people might go with Trump again just to be safe, but does the GOP really want to risk that? Think of how much easier it would be to secure a reelection if he wasn't such an asshole. Plus, do you really think he could beat someone like Biden with this behavior?

If he wasn't such an asshole he wouldn't have been elected in the first place.

Becoming UnTrump would lose him more votes from apathy then he would gain.

I think Trump will tone down some of his tweets, but I hope not to the point it changes his direction which I think is positive.

Suburban, Soccer Mom's are easily manipulated, offended, and overly emotional. I don't think Trump got many of their votes in 2016 anyway. Suburbs, now mostly mirror the cities and are largely Democrat controlled. This is a long term problem for the Republican Party as suburbs are growing in population.

One also has to divide up the suburbs into the more urban ones, and the so called exburbs, which have a more rural tone.

Exburbs are the growth area because the suburbs have filled up mostly.

Apologies, I read your title as "subterranean" women and was half expecting discussion about H.G. Wells' Morloks or voter registration of the (un) dead. That said, we happen to live (most of us) inside the "sandwich" of civilization. We're in between a top and bottom bun, somewhere around the mayo slick pieces of lettuce or dill pickle slices, where those above us (on the top bun) expect us to behave with a certain decorum in our daily lives, and those below us (the bottom bun) envy and despise us when we do. But no man or woman or even President of these here United States is really more "adult" behaving than any other; least not when the standard for "adult" has fallen so low (below the lettuce and pickles even) these days. Gunslinger or gang boss, never change Mr. President, never change!

Trump isn’t going to change.
Yeah. He's not going to change who he is.

This will be about (a) the economy, and (b) how insane the Democrats decide to get, in that order.

The democrats are stuck with a delicate balance. The actual candidate will have to move to the center, but any move too far to the center would spawn a potential third party challenge.

fek women , if they don't like TRUMP they can vote for someone else . If TRUMP were to become a wusse he would likely lose my vote and the votes of millions of other voters similar to me .

Trumps antics solidify his base

But it is independent women and men who will decide close elections. With a booming economy, Trump should be a shoe-in for re-election.
But he constantly shows himself to be unfit to be president.

Makes 2020 that much more difficult

if they elect someone other than the TRUMP , well they get just what they deserve RWinger .

Forum List

Back