Stupid has a new meaning, it's my honor to share that new information with my friends on th right.

I really appreciate the entertainment here and I enjoy helping people to understand the new definition of stupid. Thanks everyone.

They've been wanting to privatize Social Security and Medicare since at least the 1980s.

They'll do everything they can to gut the programs.
Yes, lets keep everything just as it is and expect a different result....
The fact is, in its current form, SS Is a rip off. We are taxed all our working careers, the idiots in DC get their greedy grubby paws on OUR money and spend it foolishly. Then they convince the uninformed that SS is good for us.
Hogwash.
A new SS system should be implemented where the worker's individual account is filled through either a payroll deduction or for self employed people one which they deposit part of their earnings into a secure private account administered by a federal agency that upon that person's retirement, the money is paid back to the individual or their heirs EVERY SINGLE DIME tax free.
As for Medicare, this is also a disaster. No senior citizen should be burdened with the high cost of medical care, They built the country and kept it prosperous for the next generations. They gave at the office. Seniors should get the God given respect they have earned through their hard work...
We here in the US treat our seniors like dirt.....And medicare is the shovel.
First SS money from day 1 was put in the general funds. Your social security amount is dictated by your income during your lifetime. Your idea is stupid, so when this single fund for each person runs out , thats all he gets, because he lived past the average age. Now that would really be great for this country, Your ridiculous Idea about Medicare is mindless they are going to give less to the old not more. Your the person that I want to help to understand the new definition of stupid.
Umm. Hey genius. If our SS payments were based on our earnings, then recipients would not be living in near poverty should they have no other retirement income but SS....
In Canada, each retiree is paid the FULL amount of their contribution over time. If they pass away, their designee or heirs receive the money.
We should have a similar system.
You are part of the problem. You are seeing a broken system, but prefer it over any scintilla of adjustment. Why is that?

It's not news. It's a freaking editorial by a (former) journalist who was fired from his former job with the L.A. Times for faking a news story.

They've been wanting to privatize Social Security and Medicare since at least the 1980s.

The fact is, in its current form, SS Is a rip off. We are taxed all our working careers, the idiots in DC get their greedy grubby paws on OUR money and spend it foolishly. Then they convince the uninformed that SS is good for us.
Hogwash.
A new SS system should be implemented where the worker's individual account is filled through either a payroll deduction or for self employed people one which they deposit part of their earnings into a secure private account administered by a federal agency that upon that person's retirement, the money is paid back to the individual or their heirs EVERY SINGLE DIME tax free.
As for Medicare, this is also a disaster. No senior citizen should be burdened with the high cost of medical care, They built the country and kept it prosperous for the next generations. They gave at the office. Seniors should get the God given respect they have earned through their hard work...
First SS money from day 1 was put in the general funds. Your social security amount is dictated by your income during your lifetime. Your idea is stupid, so when this single fund for each person runs out , thats all he gets, because he lived past the average age. Now that would really be great for this country, Your ridiculous Idea about Medicare is mindless they are going to give less to the old not more. Your the person that I want to help to understand the new definition of stupid.
Umm. Hey genius. If our SS payments were based on our earnings, then recipients would not be living in near poverty should they have no other retirement income but SS....
In Canada, each retiree is paid the FULL amount of their contribution over time. If they pass away, their designee or heirs receive the money.
You are part of the problem. You are seeing a broken system, but prefer it over any scintilla of adjustment. Why is that?
I have zero clue what your point is, The amount of social security you get is based on your wages through your lifetime. Whatever your trying to twist that into your wrong. Why is that you ask , since I'm seemingly dealing with one of the stupid haters that put this psychopath in office. If you think there is one politician from the hate party that will make it better on anyone other then the top few , your just blind ignorant. That means whatever they do will always be less then what we have now, and don't let them tell you it is to save money because it isn't, it is to transfer the money saved by gutting these programs to the top few and you thinking other wise shows just how stupid you blind clucks are. We will be trillions more in debt and the poor will be living in cardboard boxes and the hate party will kick these poor to the side for being on their sidewalk. Thats the world you gave us .I guaranty it. How do I know because I've read everyone of Ryans budget bills that he has written and looked at the analysis of them, which every hate party politician signed onto !00% and there is but one out come and your on the sucker list big time. You will lose lose lose! You will have things taken away from you like you part or all of SS Medicare and Medicaid. You deserve it, I don't.

It's not news. It's a freaking editorial by a (former) journalist who was fired from his former job with the L.A. Times for faking a news story.
Thanks friend I'm glad you showed by your own example what the new definition of stupid is,
Michael Hiltzik
Columnist
Michael A. Hiltzik is an American columnist and reporter who has written extensively for the Los Angeles Times. In 1999, he won a beat reporting Pulitzer Prize for co-writing an article about corruption in the music industry. Wikipedia
Born: November 9, 1952 (age 64), New York City, NY
Education: Colgate University
Awards: Pulitzer Prize for Beat Reporting
Nominations: Pulitzer Prize for Explanatory Reporting
You haters just don't get anything right. He just wrote a article for the la Times today. Without lies and distortions your party wouldn't exist. Thanks again, I'm sure you helped with my project of letting the right know the new definition of stupid , thank you.

Scare tactic #1,100,001.
Wonder what #1,100,002 will be?
No thats not right , you can totally believe in what the right says, they will cut your taxes. thats it. Well I didn't include Ryans 3 budget proposals that he wrote that was supported by 100% of the right and the people who looked at it and annualized it saying that it was a handout for the wealthy , what would they. You know the government agency that analyzed it. They are commies anyhow.

First of all, there is NO intent to gut SS and Medicare.

However, we all have to wake up and realize that something has to be done about entitlements. We can't continue down the current path. Restructuring is going to happen --- the question is when.
I totally understand the restructuring program of the right, cut funding for everyone except the top , who will get all the funding that use to go to the people who needed it out of necessity. Everyone who knows the mind of people who hate know that that is the case.

The Land of Ignorance ... must really be a nice place to live. Well, if "everyone knows ...", why are we even discussing it?

Republicans want to raise the retirement age to 70, eliminate payroll tax on workers over 65 (thus, increasing their net pay), establish the option to allow people to invest up to 25% of their Social Security savings (thus taking the money out of the control of the government), and change the COLA formula to make it better reflect changes in the cost of living (Hey! The average Social Security recipient got a raise of $4 a month this year --- can't get much better than that, can you?)

All the rest is bullshit ....

Hogwash.
I have zero clue what your point is, The amount of social security you get is based on your wages through your lifetime. Whatever your trying to twist that into your wrong. Why is that you ask , since I'm seemingly dealing with one of the stupid haters that put this psychopath in office. If you think there is one politician from the hate party that will make it better on anyone other then the top few , your just blind ignorant. That means whatever they do will always be less then what we have now, and don't let them tell you it is to save money because it isn't, it is to transfer the money saved by gutting these programs to the top few and you thinking other wise shows just how stupid you blind clucks are. We will be trillions more in debt and the poor will be living in cardboard boxes and the hate party will kick these poor to the side for being on their sidewalk. Thats the world you gave us .I guaranty it. How do I know because I've read everyone of Ryans budget bills that he has written and looked at the analysis of them, which every hate party politician signed onto !00% and there is but one out come and your on the sucker list big time. You will lose lose lose! You will have things taken away from you like you part or all of SS Medicare and Medicaid. You deserve it, I don't.
Rant irrationally much?
Of course you have no clue. That's the point. And you know it. Otherwise you would have not wasted your time attempting to deflect the debate away from the issue at hand.
And whole SS payments may be based on earnings. none of us ever get all of our money back. And that is by design.
Have you any idea how much each person could have in their individual account if the federal government could not touch it? Just invest it ( as do most 401ks and defined benefit pension funds) in a safe income type fund and after 40 years of work, we are all millionaires.
No. You are so shit scared and risk averse you'd rather the dog shit broken system we have now continue.

Forum List

Back