Study: White Americans Believe They Experience More Racism Than African Americans

Do you believe whites suffer more racism than blacks in America

• Yes

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Pie

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
"Racism" and "racist" are two different words. Imagine that. You ought to read your own links. Your own link says the english word "racist", a noun, emerged in 1932, when Trotsky's work was translated into English. The english word "racism" came about in 1936 from the French word "racisme" which came about in 1935. All of these terms originated from the word "racistov" coined by Trotsky in 1930.

You ought to learn the history of the word you use so much...

A racist practices racism. Was that too difficult a concept for you to grasp?

No, is it too hard for you to grasp that 1930 is before 1932, and that 1932 is before 1935 or 1936. You understand the concept of time is years right?

Also, do you even bother to read your own links?

What does the year have to do with it? I just dont believe your link. It could have said 320 CE and I wouldn't believe it. Anything you post is suspect.

A racist practices racism. Was that too difficult a concept for you to grasp?

No, is it too hard for you to grasp that 1930 is before 1932, and that 1932 is before 1935 or 1936. You understand the concept of time is years right?

What does the year have to do with it? I just dont believe your link. It could have said 320 CE and I wouldn't believe it. Anything you post is suspect.

Your link confirms my links. So you don't believe your own links?

Either you don't believe what you post, which is rather unlikely, or you are just to lazy too read your own links, and too dishonest to admit your link confirms mine.

I think it is more likely the latter than the former.

Last edited:

Either you don't believe what you post, which is rather unlikely, or you are just to lazy too read your own links, and too dishonest to admit your link confirms mine.

Russia is nowhere in my link. How did you miss that?

Russia is nowhere in my link. How did you miss that?

Doesn't need to be, your link confirms the english word "racist" came about in 1932. 1932 is the year the English translation of Trotsky's work was translated. Case closed.

You know, if you had asked me 20 years ago what racism was, I would have said it was when a person disliked another person simply because of their race. I would have defined institutional racism as a government or institution who systematically denies someone equality because of their race, such as when Wallace stood in the doorway to block access to a university.

Now, I am a racist because I don't like Barry's policies. I'm a racist because I support personal responsibility and do not believe it is inherent upon society to fund abortions at will, birth control for those who won't pay for it, or unending welfare or unemployment compensation. I am a racist because I believe that the war on poverty was an absolute and unqualified failure. I am a racist because I believe that radical Islamist Jihadis are responsible for a very large majority of terrorism in the world and our policies should reflect that. I am a racist because I believe that 72% of African-American babies being born out of wedlock borders on the criminal.

The left attempts to use the word 'racist' like a gun. The same thing that they are trying to do with homophobe, sexist, and a host of other words. In this attempt they have taken away the true meaning of the word and changed its meaning to: One that does not agree with the policies of the left.

When the left cries RACIST, I usually have to suppress a yawn.

Nonsense.

You’re a racist because you dislike another person simply because of his race.

That was true 20 years ago and it’s still true today.

For example, accusations of racism are appropriate when one expresses ignorant nonsense about most Muslims being ‘terrorists.’

Accusations of racism are appropriate when an African American toddler is referred to as a ‘thug.’

Accusations of racism are appropriate when ‘knock out games’ are falsely used as ‘evidence’ to make the racist argument that all young black males are predisposed to violence crime, and allowed to commit violent crimes with impunity.

Unfortunately racism is alive and well today, practiced by many fearful, hateful persons. And identifying racism when it manifests is not an attempt “to use the word 'racist' like a gun,” it’s simply an accurate, appropriate identification of racism.

You know, if you had asked me 20 years ago what racism was, I would have said it was when a person disliked another person simply because of their race. I would have defined institutional racism as a government or institution who systematically denies someone equality because of their race, such as when Wallace stood in the doorway to block access to a university.

Now, I am a racist because I don't like Barry's policies. I'm a racist because I support personal responsibility and do not believe it is inherent upon society to fund abortions at will, birth control for those who won't pay for it, or unending welfare or unemployment compensation. I am a racist because I believe that the war on poverty was an absolute and unqualified failure. I am a racist because I believe that radical Islamist Jihadis are responsible for a very large majority of terrorism in the world and our policies should reflect that. I am a racist because I believe that 72% of African-American babies being born out of wedlock borders on the criminal.

The left attempts to use the word 'racist' like a gun. The same thing that they are trying to do with homophobe, sexist, and a host of other words. In this attempt they have taken away the true meaning of the word and changed its meaning to: One that does not agree with the policies of the left.

Nonsense.

You’re a racist because you dislike another person simply because of his race.

That was true 20 years ago and it’s still true today.

For example, accusations of racism are appropriate when one expresses ignorant nonsense about most Muslims being ‘terrorists.’

Accusations of racism are appropriate when an African American toddler is referred to as a ‘thug.’

Accusations of racism are appropriate when ‘knock out games’ are falsely used as ‘evidence’ to make the racist argument that all young black males are predisposed to violence crime, and allowed to commit violent crimes with impunity.

Unfortunately racism is alive and well today, practiced by many fearful, hateful persons. And identifying racism when it manifests is not an attempt “to use the word 'racist' like a gun,” it’s simply an accurate, appropriate identification of racism.

Blacks are more the 2.5x more likely to commit a violent crime than whites. Violent crime in this instance is defined as rape, murder, manslaughter, armed robbery or aggravated assault.

Blacks commit more murders in the United States than all other races combined. More than half of all armed robberies in the United States are committed by blacks yet they make up only 12% of the population.

FBI ? Table 43

Last edited:
Study Finds White Americans Believe They Experience More Racism Than African Americans : Political Blind Spot

There’s a saying that “the new racism is to deny that racism exists.” If that is the case, it may explain a study conducted by researchers from Tufts University’s School of Arts and Sciences and Harvard Business School. Their findings claim that self-described white Americans believe they have “replaced blacks” as the primary victims of racial discrimination in contemporary America.

The authors say that their study highlights how the expectations of a “post-racial” society, predicted or imagined in the wake of Barack Obama’s presidency, has far from been achieved.

The study finds that while both Caucasian and African Americans agree that anti-black racism has decreased over the last 60 years, whites believe that anti-white racism has increased. Moreover, the study finds that the majority of Caucasians believe that anti-white racism is a “bigger problem” than what African Americans face.

Off to create a poll.

I don't believe in victim hood. Virtually anyone who cries racism, black or white, is a crybaby little bitch.

I have a friend named Tommy who used to go to a school that was mostly filled with Mexicans and Blacks and he was bullied a lot.

In these days, I rarely see too much white on black racism. Heck one of my aunts is a flaming racist towards whites.

What's happing in Haiti, a place where there are no whites?

The richest people there are Lebanese, those are the Whitest people you have there, Palestinians as well. No surprise they are at the top though, they don't have much competition.

In the big scheme of things, I think Haiti is doing quite well. Just check out the most underdeveloped countries in the world!

168 Guinea ▼ 0.423
169 Mali ▲ 0.391
170 Chad ▲ 0.389
171 Guinea-Bissau ▲ 0.383
172 Burundi ▼ 0.382
173 Burkina Faso ▲ 0.372
174 Niger ▼ 0.370
175 Democratic Republic of the Congo ▼ 0.369
176 Mozambique ▼ 0.366
177 Liberia 0.364
178 Central African Republic ▼ 0.361
179 Sierra Leone ▼ 0.329
180 Somalia 0.270

In the big scheme of things, I think Haiti is doing quite well. Just check out the most underdeveloped countries in the world!

168 Guinea ▼ 0.423
169 Mali ▲ 0.391
170 Chad ▲ 0.389
172 Burundi ▼ 0.382
173 Burkina Faso ▲ 0.372
174 Niger ▼ 0.370
176 Mozambique ▼ 0.366
177 Liberia 0.364
179 Sierra Leone ▼ 0.329
180 Somalia 0.270

There is an enormous amount of research on the I.Q. of Nations and Wealth. The average I.Q. of people in sub-Saharan Africa is 68. That is borderline mental retardation. All the liberal talking points have fallen to that central fact.

For example: Colonialism was blamed for much of the backwardness in Africa. Yet this fails to point out India, Vietnam, Indonesia, and many other Asian nations were under colonialism for far longer. Why have they been successful and sub-Saharan Africa not?

168 Guinea ▼ 0.423
169 Mali ▲ 0.391
170 Chad ▲ 0.389
172 Burundi ▼ 0.382
173 Burkina Faso ▲ 0.372
174 Niger ▼ 0.370
176 Mozambique ▼ 0.366
177 Liberia 0.364
179 Sierra Leone ▼ 0.329
180 Somalia 0.270

There is an enormous amount of research on the I.Q. of Nations and Wealth. The average I.Q. of people in sub-Saharan Africa is 68. That is borderline mental retardation. All the liberal talking points have fallen to that central fact.

For example: Colonialism was blamed for much of the backwardness in Africa. Yet this fails to point out India, Vietnam, Indonesia, and many other Asian nations were under colonialism for far longer. Why have they been successful and sub-Saharan Africa not?

Indeed, this is what happens when you take western civilization out of the equation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-vsrMGu3-g]Holiday In Monrovia - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0skdhAPXts]Funky Liberia - YouTube[/ame]

I found this interesting quote attributed to Nixon that pretty much cements in my mind there is a concerted effort to keep Black people in bondage.

Haldeman Diary Shows Nixon Was Wary of Blacks and Jews - NYTimes.com

"P (President) emphasized that you have to face the fact that the whole problem is really the blacks. The key is to devise a system that recognizes this while not appearing to.

That's nothing compared to Johnson's quotes.

“I’ll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” —Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One -

“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”—LBJ

I actually agree with you. The word "racist" has been debased by applying it too widely. Mere bias or even bigotry does not rise to the level of racism. And you are spot on about defining institutional racism. We should all be more careful in applying this and similar terms to people or ideas.

As to the OP, white people who think they are victims of racism seem to have no understanding of the real thing.

I actually agree with you. The word "racist" has been debased by applying it too widely. Mere bias or even bigotry does not rise to the level of racism. And you are spot on about defining institutional racism. We should all be more careful in applying this and similar terms to people or ideas.

As to the OP, white people who think they are victims of racism seem to have no understanding of the real thing.

Now if you have a cultural disagreement you're a racist.

Now if you have a cultural disagreement you're a racist.

Not in any place I have lived. Apparently you lived in a racially mixed community without learning much from the experience.

Forum List

Back