Students Will Stay After School 20 Minutes Each Day to Make Up For Teacher Sick-Outs

Bodecea...

You want to know exactly how to determine that these Far RW reactionaries spewing swill in this thread are full of it?

Recall when ONE. single. guy made the statement..."The [policeman] acted stupidly."

ZOMG!!! The world came to a stand-still for them.

"Zobamahhz DEMONIZING ALL OFFICERS EVERYWHERE!!" was their cry and moan.

Now they want you to accept the pablum that constantly calling teachers liars and calling school a punishment is right as rain.

They are just reactionaries Bodecea...spewing partisan vitriol.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

I wouldn't waste one type on them.

Have a good one.

:cool:

Last edited:
Bodecea...

You want to know exactly how to determine that these Far RW reactionaries spewing swill in this thread are full of it?

Recall when ONE. single. guy made the statement..."The [policeman] acted stupidly."

Now they want you to accept the pablum that constantly calling teachers liars and calling school a punishment is right as rain.

Have a good one.

What you say you wouldnt do (as seen in bold)?

You did (as seen in red)

You have a pathetic habit of contradicting yourself MarcAtl...and that does not fare well for the little credibility you have.

Typical liberal.......always blaming others.
An entire thread dedicated to demonizing teachers and not the parents who raise unruly kids due to lack of discipline.

LOL!!! You really crack me up. Your name itself is an ironic joke.

LMBAO!!!

Typical liberal.......always blaming others.

she's spent all morning bashing parents. teachers are off the hook for lying,

Look...anudda one.

ROTFLMBAO!!!!

Classic!

Not demonizing all teachers just those that are proven liars.

Reading comprehension, learn it!

Bodecea...

Have a good one.

Yet you did.

Madison students will have up to 20 minutes added to their school day to make up for missed school last month because their teachers were attending protests at the state capitol.

The district received more than 1,000 sick notes, including some from doctors who were handing them out at the Capitol protests.

The UW Health entities that employ the physicians, are investigating of the reported fraud.

Madison.com reported:

Students in the Madison School District will have up to 20 minutes of additional classroom time each day starting Monday to make up for four days canceled last month because teachers were attending protests.

Because no additional days will be added to the calendar, most teachers will not receive additional compensation for that time, district spokesman Ken Syke said.

Madison schools were closed to students Feb. 16-18 and Feb. 21 because a significant number of teachers called in sick to attend protests against a state proposal to limit public employee collective bargaining. Gov. Scott Walker signed it into law Friday.

The School Board reached an agreement with Madison Teachers Inc. over the weekend that allowed the district to set the makeup calendar. The agreement also ensures teachers with unexcused absences will not be paid for those days and that teachers who submitted fraudulent sick notes will be suspended.

The district has not yet released the number of teachers that missed school to work those days. The district received more than 1,000 sick notes, including some from doctors who were handing them out at the Capitol protests, assistant legal counsel Matt Bell said.

So the students are being held over because their teachers are raging liberal moonbats?
The kids will love that.

LMAO. No body count of kids in the classroom...no money for the....:eek: teachers...oops schools. Its a win win for the union teachers. Fuck the kids.

And how much you want to bet they get overtime for it too.

Teachers don't get overtime.

Bodecea...

Have a good one.

Yet you did.

Actually, I believe Marc was replying to me. I'm surprised you didn't see that.

Bodecea...

Have a good one.

Yet you did.

I am not surprised that you would not think that we saw he was replying to you. You do not have the ability to think out of the box.
But we did see he was replying to you. Afterall, he did not say "I would not reply to them"...he said "I would not waste one type on them."

WHich, of course, as we demojnstrated, he did.

Bodecea...

Have a good one.

Yet you did.

Obviously you missed his other post, that wasn't directed at you, that contradicts his statement of "I wouldn't waste one type on them".

Madison students will have up to 20 minutes added to their school day to make up for missed school last month because their teachers were attending protests at the state capitol.

The district received more than 1,000 sick notes, including some from doctors who were handing them out at the Capitol protests.

The UW Health entities that employ the physicians, are investigating of the reported fraud.

Madison.com reported:

Students in the Madison School District will have up to 20 minutes of additional classroom time each day starting Monday to make up for four days canceled last month because teachers were attending protests.

Because no additional days will be added to the calendar, most teachers will not receive additional compensation for that time, district spokesman Ken Syke said.

Madison schools were closed to students Feb. 16-18 and Feb. 21 because a significant number of teachers called in sick to attend protests against a state proposal to limit public employee collective bargaining. Gov. Scott Walker signed it into law Friday.

The School Board reached an agreement with Madison Teachers Inc. over the weekend that allowed the district to set the makeup calendar. The agreement also ensures teachers with unexcused absences will not be paid for those days and that teachers who submitted fraudulent sick notes will be suspended.

The district has not yet released the number of teachers that missed school to work those days. The district received more than 1,000 sick notes, including some from doctors who were handing them out at the Capitol protests, assistant legal counsel Matt Bell said.

So the students are being held over because their teachers are raging liberal moonbats?
The kids will love that.
Make sure the teachers are forced to work that extra time without pay.

Madison.com reported:

The kids will love that.

How can it be exrtra time when it's making up for time off?

Madison.com reported:

The kids will love that.

LMAO. No body count of kids in the classroom...no money for the....:eek: teachers...oops schools. Its a win win for the union teachers. Fuck the kids.

And how much you want to bet they get overtime for it too.

Teachers don't get overtime.

No. They dont. They are considered "exempt" employees. An exempt employee is one that is offered a base salary...and is exempt from legal equality as it pertains to all other compensation such as overtime , bonuses and benefits.

An exempt employee accepts its salary without expecting further compensation...although most do get other compensation....but not required by law or required to be equal to that of the non exempt employees....sometimes it is more, sometimes it is less...usually it is more......and if the exempt employee is not happy with the additional compensation he or she is offered, they have the right to turn down the job or resign thrie position.

Or do what you think is appropriate...not show up for work and lie as to why...and produce phony documentation supporting the lie...and negelect their responsibility.

If this extra time adds any costs to local budgets,the Teacher Unions better be held accountable. They should pay for these extra costs. The Taxpayers should not be stuck with the bills. Just add up the extra costs and send the bill to the Wisconsin Teachers. That would be the right thing to do.

Madison.com reported:

The kids will love that.

How can it be exrtra time when it's making up for time off?

If an exempt employee misses time at work for a valid reason such as illness, they are not docked time and do not need to make it up to earn their agreed upon salary. Most exempt employees will work extra time to meet the needs of their positiuon...(a personal responsibility thing)....but they get their salary either way.

However, if they take the time off without a valid reason, the employer is permitted to dock them pay for that time and the pay is calculated based on base salary divided by hours expected at work per year multiplied by hours missed without a valid reason.

If the exempt employee produces documentation that is not valid but is used to prove a valid reason for missing time at work, such employee is subject to termination or suspension without any legal recourse.

Yet you did.

I am not surprised that you would not think that we saw he was replying to you. You do not have the ability to think out of the box.
But we did see he was replying to you. Afterall, he did not say "I would not reply to them"...he said "I would not waste one type on them."

Hmmm...seems to me that he is typing TO ME....not wasting his typing replying...to them.

This might be too difficult for you. Pity.

Hmmm...seems to me that he is typing TO ME....not wasting his typing replying...to them.

You seem to want to debate something not worthy of a debate.
Well....what excuse do you give the hypocrite for his two former responses to others that were NOT you?
Give it a rest Bodecea.
You are out of your league with me.
All you can fall back on is sarcasm.

Are you that stupid? He directly responded to a post from "them" contradicting his advice to you.

Wise up!

Are you that stupid? He directly responded to a post from "them" contradicting his advice to you.

Wise up!

There it is....you can't function without trying to up your self esteem by calling others stupid.

Well, I can see who Marc was talking TO. You? Not so much, apparently. :eusa_whistle:

Teachers’ hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work 9 or 10 months a year. It’s time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do – babysit. We can get that for less than minimum wage.

That’s right. Let’s give them $3 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and plan– that equals 6 1/2 hours).

Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day…maybe 30? So that’s $19.50 x 30 = $585.00 a day.

However, remember they only work 180 days a year. I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET’S SEE…That’s $585 X 180= $105,300 per year. (Hold on. My calculator needs new batteries.)

What about those special education teachers and the ones with master’s degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an hour. That would be $8 X 6 1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = $280,800 per year.

Wait a minute — there’s something wrong here. There sure is.

The average teacher’s salary (nationwide) is $50,000. $50,000/180 days = $277.77/per day/30 students=$9.25/6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student– a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!)

WHAT A DEAL!
I can't decide whether your post is funny or just incredibly stupid.

Teachers’ hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work 9 or 10 months a year. It’s time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do – babysit. We can get that for less than minimum wage.

That’s right. Let’s give them $3 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and plan– that equals 6 1/2 hours).

Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day…maybe 30? So that’s $19.50 x 30 = $585.00 a day.

However, remember they only work 180 days a year. I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET’S SEE…That’s $585 X 180= $105,300 per year. (Hold on. My calculator needs new batteries.)

What about those special education teachers and the ones with master’s degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an hour. That would be $8 X 6 1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = $280,800 per year.

Wait a minute — there’s something wrong here. There sure is.

The average teacher’s salary (nationwide) is $50,000. $50,000/180 days = $277.77/per day/30 students=$9.25/6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student– a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!)

WHAT A DEAL!
I can't decide whether your post is funny or just incredibly stupid.

How to Have a Sense of Humor - wikiHow

Forum List

Back