Street preacher, 71, arrested for ‘distressing’ public with ‘homophobic’ rants

I guess that the UK has different laws then the US. But that said, I don't see why these dingbats do this stuff. Are we supposed to feel sorry for them?
You are supposed to repent and believe.

Though Christian, I am not a member of your sect. I do not believe in biblical infallibility and inerrancy. Moreover, there are billions of people in this world who are not Christian. Good people, all who deserve to be loved and celebrated.
But without being born again, they (you) face a Godless eternity. And nobody is good. All mankind is evil and depraved, deserving of nothing but God's wrath and judgement. ONLY by the shed blood of Christ can you be forgiven of your sins.

This is the belief of your sect.
Nope. Bible truth. There is NO other way to Heaven except through the Born again relationship with Christ (John 3:3, 14:6)

The bible says marriage is between one man and one woman? Cause I dont remember it saying that.
Pretty sure Abraham married half of noahs family.

It says it in many places, I however will not do your searching for you. It also says between a man and a oman. You can look that up too.
I know it says between man and woman, but it doesnt say one man and one woman.
As i said, if it does, why was everyone marrying the whole town? The Father of Israel had several wives. Polygamy was accepted then.
I have heard of different interpretations of verses speaking against it, but that wasnt what it actually said.
If it says it, please post it. I just googled it again and found nothing.

Pay attention to the tense, it's all singular

1 Corinthians 7:2 ESV / 53 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Matthew 19:4-6 ESV / 53 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Mark 10:6-9 ESV / 41 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Genesis 2:18 ESV / 39 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”

Matthew 19:6 ESV / 37 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Matthew 19:5 ESV / 28 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
And said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?

Genesis 2:22-24 ESV / 28 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.” Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
So it doesnt actually say it then. Thats just a christian interpretation. An interpretation of the Jewish faith that they dont even follow. Ok lol

I can do nothing with your lack of knowledge and desire to know. Those scriptures make it very clear. So you really want to try and make the case that Christianity is based on the Judaism? This will be fun.
Ummm you quoted OT scripture.. duh lol
I have full knowledge you believe in human interpretation instead of the word. Thats ok. Most of you are. I also had desire to know, as i asked tje question. Again, duh.

If you desired to know you'd pay attention to the tense of the words used. I quoted both because it is stated in both. It is not my "interpretation", it is "the" interpretation. Just because Jesus fufilled the Law in no way makes the OT irrelevant, indeed it still serves today in showing that man without Jesus cannot get to Heaven. The entirety of he Law was to show man's helplessness in that regard.

When a man takes more than one wife, isn't he committing adultery? He is violating the vows that he made to his first, and only, wife. Remember that in marriage ceremonies, people swear faith to each other on solemn oath.
Which is why Christ went further "If you look upon a woman to lust after her, you have already committed adultery in your heart" Adultery is not only physical, but can be mental, emotional, and spiritual as well.

so what do you say to people who are "married" many times? Donald trump is still married to his first wife. He made the vows before the Supreme Being.

When a man takes more than one wife, isn't he committing adultery? He is violating the vows that he made to his first, and only, wife. Remember that in marriage ceremonies, people swear faith to each other on solemn oath.
Which is why Christ went further "If you look upon a woman to lust after her, you have already committed adultery in your heart" Adultery is not only physical, but can be mental, emotional, and spiritual as well.

so what do you say to people who are "married" many times? Donald trump is still married to his first wife. He made the vows before the Supreme Being.
None of our business. That is between him and God.

An elderly pastor was arrested on the streets of London for making “homophobic comments” and telling passers-by that same-sex couples were against “God’s created order”.

Pastor John Sherwood and Pastor Peter Simpson were preaching outside Uxbridge tube station in West London on Friday (23 April).

In an article for the Conservative Woman, a publication which decries “BLM brainwashing”, the “tragedy of transgenderism” and “the degrading spectacle of Cardi B’s nether regions“, Simpson said that he “began the preaching and referred to the grave abandonment by our nation of its Christian foundations, an abandonment which has manifested itself in, for example, the redefinition of marriage”.

Same-sex marriage, he said, was “an assault upon the Biblical revelation, which tells us that marriage can be only between one man and one woman”.

What's next? Dragging a Pastor from the pulpit for preaching the same message?
he's enemy # 1 but gangs of thugs roaming the streets attacking people are just slapped on the wrist...

The bible says marriage is between one man and one woman? Cause I dont remember it saying that.

It says it in many places, I however will not do your searching for you. It also says between a man and a oman. You can look that up too.
As i said, if it does, why was everyone marrying the whole town? The Father of Israel had several wives. Polygamy was accepted then.
I have heard of different interpretations of verses speaking against it, but that wasnt what it actually said.

But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”

So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

And said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?

And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.” Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
So it doesnt actually say it then. Thats just a christian interpretation. An interpretation of the Jewish faith that they dont even follow. Ok lol

I can do nothing with your lack of knowledge and desire to know. Those scriptures make it very clear. So you really want to try and make the case that Christianity is based on the Judaism? This will be fun.
I have full knowledge you believe in human interpretation instead of the word. Thats ok. Most of you are. I also had desire to know, as i asked tje question. Again, duh.

If you desired to know you'd pay attention to the tense of the words used. I quoted both because it is stated in both. It is not my "interpretation", it is "the" interpretation. Just because Jesus fufilled the Law in no way makes the OT irrelevant, indeed it still serves today in showing that man without Jesus cannot get to Heaven. The entirety of he Law was to show man's helplessness in that regard.
No, that is a Christian interpretation. AGAIN, Jews didnt even practice that. It was legal then.
THE FATHER OF ISRAEL had multiple wives and he spoke directly to god. In fact, when his second wife fled his first wifes abuse, God talked directly to her and told her to go home.
Again, an interpretation filled with personal morals and not scripture.

No, that is a Christian interpretation. AGAIN, Jews didnt even practice that. It was legal then.
THE FATHER OF ISRAEL had multiple wives and he spoke directly to god. In fact, when his second wife fled his first wifes abuse, God talked directly to her and told her to go home.

Nope, sorry. Pure scripture. Frankly friend you are injecting your feelings into this.....

Just for kicks....
Matthew 19

3Then some Pharisees came and tested Him by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason?”

4Jesus answered, “Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’a 5and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’b? 6So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”

7“Why then,” they asked, “did Moses order a man to give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?c

8Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because of your hardness of heart; but it was not this way from the beginning. 9Now I tell you that whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman, commits adultery.d

Nope, sorry. Pure scripture. Frankly friend you are injecting your feelings into this.....

Just for kicks....
Matthew 19

3Then some Pharisees came and tested Him by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason?”

4Jesus answered, “Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’a 5and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’b? 6So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”

7“Why then,” they asked, “did Moses order a man to give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?c

8Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because of your hardness of heart; but it was not this way from the beginning. 9Now I tell you that whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman, commits adultery.d
Of course, that does not even come close to saying God rejects polygamy.
YOU are using your feelings. You are making things up that arent there.
And I like how you ignore most of my post, even though it was the most relevant scripture reference :lol:

Just for kicks....
Matthew 19

And I like how you ignore most of my post, even though it was the most relevant scripture reference :lol:

I am sorry son, one man, one woman. I get it, you're Mormon, but you're in a cult.

An elderly pastor was arrested on the streets of London for making “homophobic comments” and telling passers-by that same-sex couples were against “God’s created order”.

Pastor John Sherwood and Pastor Peter Simpson were preaching outside Uxbridge tube station in West London on Friday (23 April).

In an article for the Conservative Woman, a publication which decries “BLM brainwashing”, the “tragedy of transgenderism” and “the degrading spectacle of Cardi B’s nether regions“, Simpson said that he “began the preaching and referred to the grave abandonment by our nation of its Christian foundations, an abandonment which has manifested itself in, for example, the redefinition of marriage”.

Same-sex marriage, he said, was “an assault upon the Biblical revelation, which tells us that marriage can be only between one man and one woman”.

These nut jobs infest our major cities. The police wont usually do anything unless you complain. A night in the cells might cause him to reflect on his idiocy.

I can't believe some people are so afraid and intolerant of other's opinions. Why the fear?

Just for kicks....
Matthew 19

I am sorry son, one man, one woman. I get it, you're Mormon, but you're in a cult.
I def not mormon. I can just read the bible :dunno:

Just for kicks....
Matthew 19

I def not mormon. I can just read the bible :dunno:

Not very well it seems, but hey we can just agree to disagree.

He is a jerk and a bigot, nnd likely mentally ill, but he would not have been arrested in the U.S., unless he threatened or intimidated people so just fucking relax.

None of our business. That is between him and God.

trying to run away I see. Donald trump is married to Ivana. Neither Marla Maples nor Melania Knaus count. Why do you people make "religious" claims and then back out? When donald made vows to Marla and Melania he already had made them in front of a Christian altar of the Supreme Being to Ivana. Ivana is his wife before God. In Christian standards, he is an adulterer.

He is a jerk and a bigot, nnd likely mentally ill, but he would not have been arrested in the U.S., unless he threatened or intimidated people so just fucking relax.

Put a sock in it pal, Christians practices do not a Bigot make. Your anti-Chritian bias makes you one though.

Yes. He should be charged. He has no knowledge of what his stupid God thinks. He only thinks he does because he dislikes it. He's not qualified to speak on behalf of anyone supernatural orcelestial.
He's an ignoramus and a fraudulent charlatan.

These nut jobs infest our major cities. The police wont usually do anything unless you complain. A night in the cells might cause him to reflect on his idiocy.

I can't believe some people are so afraid and intolerant of other's opinions. Why the fear?
So I need to be tolerant of dickheads who are intolerant ? Um OK.

So I need to be tolerant of dickheads who are intolerant ? Um OK.

Um...let's see.

tolerance
: sympathy or indulgence for beliefs or practices differing from or conflicting with one's own

Yep.

Yes. He should be charged. He has no knowledge of what his stupid God thinks. He only thinks he does because he dislikes it. He's not qualified to speak on behalf of anyone supernatural orcelestial.
He's an ignoramus and a fraudulent charlatan.

Were you molested by a Priest?
Is that where your hatred comes from?

Put a sock in it pal, Christians practices do not a Bigot make. Your anti-Chritian bias makes you one though.
It might surprise you to know a few fun facts:

Many Christians are not homophobib bigots
Many Christian Churches value diversity and welcome LGBTQ people into their sancuart
Many LGBTQ people are Christians

So, your calling me anti Christian and accusing me of being biased is just you exposing your own bias and stupidity

Forum List

Back